Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
GoldStandardConure
Jun 11, 2010

I have to kill fast
and mayflies too slow

Pillbug

Fruity Gordo posted:

I think it takes a certain kind of gregariousness to actually enjoy door knocking. I really enjoy it but I'm the kind of person who strikes up conversations with randoms in the doctor's office if I get the feeling they wouldn't be disturbed by it. I totally get how it could make a person feel really uncomfortable and drained because you really have no clue whether you're about the be abused or not, and you're trying to immediately make a connection with people you have zero clue about.

I want to do door knocking for the Greens when I am able to. I'm not the most social person, but I used to do door knocking to collect donations for a cat and dog shelter, so I've got a bit of experience and I enjoyed it a fair bit too. If someone as socially awkward as me can do it I'm sure everyone here will be fine.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

GoldStandardConure
Jun 11, 2010

I have to kill fast
and mayflies too slow

Pillbug
When I was collecting for the animal shelter, this was back when I had just finished high school, I had a lady chase me down the street threatening to kill me. That sure was a thing.

Everyone else was really cool about it though.

GoldStandardConure
Jun 11, 2010

I have to kill fast
and mayflies too slow

Pillbug
Christine Milne is sick of your poo poo.

GoldStandardConure
Jun 11, 2010

I have to kill fast
and mayflies too slow

Pillbug

hooman posted:

Brandis being censured made me happy far beyond it had any right to.

Also I assume GSC is now Birb Katter, because that is amazing.

no im not that creative

GoldStandardConure
Jun 11, 2010

I have to kill fast
and mayflies too slow

Pillbug

SadisTech posted:

I'm really, really getting loving shirty about the number of Australians I'm seeing making comments to the effect that "Oh boo hoo, convicted drug peddlers getting shot, they knew the risks, who cares."

Imagine knowing that you were going to be shot to death. Imagine being led into a jungle clearing at night and being tied to a post with your hands behind you. Imagine seeing a torch beam turned on and aimed right at your heart to provide a target.

Imagine men in uniforms filing into the clearing and lining up facing you. Imagine them picking up their rifles and aiming these lethal weapons right at you. Imagine hearing a harsh command shouted. Something terrible happens to your body and if you're lucky you'll die before you understand what it actually was. Your brain processes sounds slightly behind other sensation so your last conscious impression is of stunningly loud noise, frightening and painful in your ears.

If you're lucky you'll be dead straight away. If not, you might remain slightly conscious while they check, and then you hear the captain shout another order, and then a man in a uniform stands over you and aims his rifle down at you from point blank range.

Imagine that.

Who cares.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3WHSkbM9zAU

GoldStandardConure
Jun 11, 2010

I have to kill fast
and mayflies too slow

Pillbug
Its funnier to believe that Pyne reads the thread, and gets upset everytime someome posts the Crying Pyne gif.

GoldStandardConure
Jun 11, 2010

I have to kill fast
and mayflies too slow

Pillbug

auzdark posted:

Maybe Pyne has it set up so he gets emailed when his name is mentioned on the interwebz

Mills confirmed for Pynes SA account.

GoldStandardConure
Jun 11, 2010

I have to kill fast
and mayflies too slow

Pillbug

Birb Katter posted:

I will fly to this goonmeet

GoldStandardConure
Jun 11, 2010

I have to kill fast
and mayflies too slow

Pillbug

Endman posted:

Guys, I totally invited the Queen to our internet clubhouse am I cool yet

monarchist

GoldStandardConure
Jun 11, 2010

I have to kill fast
and mayflies too slow

Pillbug

Cats are libertarians

*mentions how they need to be regulated otherwise they will destroy the environment, without a shred of irony*

*is david leyonhjelm*

GoldStandardConure
Jun 11, 2010

I have to kill fast
and mayflies too slow

Pillbug

Gough Suppressant posted:

Implant the RFID in your fingers, problem solved

Bodyhacks.

GoldStandardConure
Jun 11, 2010

I have to kill fast
and mayflies too slow

Pillbug

Endman posted:

People would probably start screaming that the government is turning them into the Borg.

Having to get an implant in order to work is also hilariously cyberpunk.

Nah people are legit doing this to themselves with RFID chips and rare earth magnets in backyard hackjobs.

Diving feet first into cyberpunk, except ignoring the 'dystopian' part of it.

GoldStandardConure
Jun 11, 2010

I have to kill fast
and mayflies too slow

Pillbug

Milky Moor posted:

Cyborg strippers are hot as heck imo

That just means their cooling has failed, time to replace the heat sink.

GoldStandardConure
Jun 11, 2010

I have to kill fast
and mayflies too slow

Pillbug

Kat Delacour posted:

Oh my god ... Are goons turning into a lobby group?

:getin:

GoldStandardConure
Jun 11, 2010

I have to kill fast
and mayflies too slow

Pillbug

Anidav posted:

What should we ask him? I can't think of doing anything except for throwing eggs at him for letting the Abbott Point go ahead.

I told you what to do in the good thread: Voight Kampf them.

GoldStandardConure
Jun 11, 2010

I have to kill fast
and mayflies too slow

Pillbug

You can tell that picture was taken by Scott Ludlam because of the jaunty Dutch angle. I should buy him a tripod.

GoldStandardConure
Jun 11, 2010

I have to kill fast
and mayflies too slow

Pillbug

Gough Suppressant posted:

Fan death remains a major issue for South Korean metal bands

:golfclap:

GoldStandardConure
Jun 11, 2010

I have to kill fast
and mayflies too slow

Pillbug
Hello Guinness my old friend...

GoldStandardConure
Jun 11, 2010

I have to kill fast
and mayflies too slow

Pillbug

:psyduck: just loving what no gently caress

GoldStandardConure
Jun 11, 2010

I have to kill fast
and mayflies too slow

Pillbug

Endman posted:

As much as I would love to chill out with a pet wombat, the idea that private ownership is the only thing that gives an animal species its value is shockingly stupid.

I don't know what infuriates me more: the idea that the animals he listed are easy to take care of and would make great pets (then again the amount of people who can't even care for a cat or a dog is also infuriating), or that animals only have value if you can trade them on a market. loving hell.

GoldStandardConure
Jun 11, 2010

I have to kill fast
and mayflies too slow

Pillbug

MaxwellsEquations posted:

Another good read for insane chemistry experiments is this blog http://pipeline.corante.com/, an organic chemist with a ton of experience and pharmacological knowledge. He's intimately familiar with Ignition! as well and quotes it for the more crazy chemical reactions.

Probably my favourite post of his is this lovely thing http://pipeline.corante.com/archives/2010/02/23/things_i_wont_work_with_dioxygen_difluoride.php

Another is about a chemical that literally burns sand, chlorine trifluoride. http://pipeline.corante.com/archives/2008/02/26/sand_wont_save_you_this_time.php

Chlorine Trifluoride is pretty much the stuff they use in bolter rounds in Warhammer 40k.

GoldStandardConure
Jun 11, 2010

I have to kill fast
and mayflies too slow

Pillbug
loving hell :cripes:

GoldStandardConure
Jun 11, 2010

I have to kill fast
and mayflies too slow

Pillbug
in this thread political correctness truly has gone mad

GoldStandardConure
Jun 11, 2010

I have to kill fast
and mayflies too slow

Pillbug

Dante18907 posted:

My friend Gold Standard Conure pointed me in the direction of this thread, and to the attention of BCR, with regards to issues with my current pay scheme and determining the pay bracket etc I should be in so that I have some information to back me up when I go to my rear end in a top hat boss to ask if I can please be paid well.

Info;

Job: Computer Technician/Onsite Service Engineer
Job Description: I perform onsite break fix and troubleshooting for National Companies like Fujitsu and RSS for customers ranging from Coles and Target to the ATO and Aurizon as well as in-office IT support for the company I work for directly and some printer maintenance for the same companies photocopier fleet.
Wage: $17.40/hr with $137.31/week (equates to $3.61 an hour for a total of $21.01/hr) FLAT car allowance and $0.32/km allowance
Allowances: I currently get paid a car allowance in a flat rate/week as well as a rate/kilometer of business travel.

From my cursory lookings I THINK that I am under the MA000021: Business Equipment Award 2010. I currently do not have a copy of my contract though I will be trying to get one, and I don't know if there are any clauses in my contract that exclude me from awards etc or specifically what award my contract is covering me with.

The ideal outcome for me would be that I would be taken off the car allowance and brought into line with the other technicians in the workshop ($25/hr) and I am fine with still using my car for the work. I currently do not have the solid information at my disposal to propose this to my boss, who is a very tight individual when it comes to money and wages.

I am almost certain everyone working here is getting ripped off when it comes to OT and other things in the contracts. I would also like some information RE, who to turn to should he turn me down, as there are very few available jobs in Mackay in this industry and I am unable to move from here for the foreseeable future.

Let me know if you need any more information.

:siren: BCR :siren:

GoldStandardConure
Jun 11, 2010

I have to kill fast
and mayflies too slow

Pillbug
Hockeys tribute to Malcolm Fraiser on the radio this morning was pretty good: "Of all the Prime Ministers of Australia, he was one of them"

Well done Joe.

GoldStandardConure
Jun 11, 2010

I have to kill fast
and mayflies too slow

Pillbug

SynthOrange posted:

Link please.

I dont have a link, just heard it on the triple j news when driving to work.

It was a little bit more long winded than that, but that was essentially what he said. No praise for anything he did, just that he was in fact a PM.

GoldStandardConure
Jun 11, 2010

I have to kill fast
and mayflies too slow

Pillbug

froglet posted:

Oi :mad:

So goons, I'm leaving for Melbourne tomorrow. I might not come back to Perth if Melbourne is the lefty paradise promised.

nooo don't leave us here with LesAffaires and his puns

GoldStandardConure
Jun 11, 2010

I have to kill fast
and mayflies too slow

Pillbug

Konomex posted:

There is minimal evidence that Mike Baird hasn't, at some point in his life, eaten a live human baby. Can you trust a man who lacks enough alibis?

Don't elect a possible cannibal, elect a wooden plank, at least a plank can't eat your infant flesh.

GoldStandardConure
Jun 11, 2010

I have to kill fast
and mayflies too slow

Pillbug
I notice that none of you have mentioned 52 Tuesdays when discussing Australian film.

For shame.

GoldStandardConure
Jun 11, 2010

I have to kill fast
and mayflies too slow

Pillbug

CROWS EVERYWHERE posted:

I like how if you think about it for more than a second you realise Christian is probably going to get TB and die too so he won't have too long to sit around moping about Satine.

I told my sister that when Moulin Rouge was her favorite film and she was very upset with me.

GoldStandardConure
Jun 11, 2010

I have to kill fast
and mayflies too slow

Pillbug

Graic Gabtar posted:

Enjoy it. After this we enter a desolate wasteland of elections that people probably don't give a gently caress about.

(Apologies to people who actually may give a gently caress)

e: fixed typo completely changing the context - watching cricket.

Hows ABCs coverage of the cricket this year?

GoldStandardConure
Jun 11, 2010

I have to kill fast
and mayflies too slow

Pillbug
I for one welcome our new animal posting overlords

GoldStandardConure
Jun 11, 2010

I have to kill fast
and mayflies too slow

Pillbug
Which means this derail will be retained for two drat years.

GoldStandardConure
Jun 11, 2010

I have to kill fast
and mayflies too slow

Pillbug
Just get rid of your SIN, run in the shadows.

GoldStandardConure
Jun 11, 2010

I have to kill fast
and mayflies too slow

Pillbug
Good luck to all the goons working the booths out there today, and good luck to the goons up for election too.

We're all counting on you.

GoldStandardConure
Jun 11, 2010

I have to kill fast
and mayflies too slow

Pillbug
I'm pretty sure Tink is allergic to both onions and garlic.

Goons get real bent out of shape over food jokes.

GoldStandardConure
Jun 11, 2010

I have to kill fast
and mayflies too slow

Pillbug

thatfatkid posted:

A bloo bloo bloo i'm allergic to something so anyone who eats that certain something is a terrible person bloo bloo.

whats hyperbole precious

GoldStandardConure
Jun 11, 2010

I have to kill fast
and mayflies too slow

Pillbug

Gentleman Baller posted:

If you missed Indian take-away chat FriendlyJordies has you covered https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SNwgjVzkT-I

Looking forward to his nut milk vid next month.

but...

butter chicken is great

GoldStandardConure
Jun 11, 2010

I have to kill fast
and mayflies too slow

Pillbug

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UfaYJcRO2jQ

This is more like it.

:henget:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

GoldStandardConure
Jun 11, 2010

I have to kill fast
and mayflies too slow

Pillbug
Tim Blair is going to become the Jasper character from Mad As Hell.

• Locked thread