Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Fruity Gordo
Aug 5, 2013

Neurotic, Impotent Rage!

katlington posted:

We're all going to die.

quote:

So how can the government help? Well we need to enable consumers. Consumers are on the march, consumers are changing the world through the use of technology. They are disintermediating every day life and government and regulation, and consumers need to be empowered. They need to be sovereign. We’ve got to facilitate change rather than restrict change and that is a problem facing governments everywhere in the world

Consumers of australia lend me your upvotes.

The consumer is king *dreams of raising consumption tax, smashing the poor ie those with the highest marginal propensity to consume*

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fruity Gordo
Aug 5, 2013

Neurotic, Impotent Rage!

hooman posted:

I thought his point was that just running herds over them didn't work but you actually had to run herds over them in a specific way?

Note: I know nothing about agriculture and have no ability to judge the worth/worthlessness of this. So maybe I totally misunderstood.

Yep. The thing I don't get is how you actually start to reestablish the grasslands in the first place. :confused: I think I might buy his 2013 book, it seems really loving weird but kind of cool. Not sure why he's keen on cattle tho tbh, since modern breeds are still terrible in terms of carbon output biologically. Though that's probably bc of diet also. I'd be more likely to run sheep, alpaca and goats bc of their meat, dairy and fibre and lower carbon footprint, but I think we already knew that :v:

Permaculture is also p great for drought prone areas, hugelkultur in particular. Chuck a hugelkultur bed in every backyard, encourage cereal farmers to rotate crops instead of forcing them to destroy their land by producing unfeasible yields of the same poo poo in the same fields year on year, etc

Fruity Gordo fucked around with this message at 05:27 on Mar 5, 2015

Fruity Gordo
Aug 5, 2013

Neurotic, Impotent Rage!

TheMightyHandful posted:

Just googled those, that's pretty cool, might do one of those at home

They're mondo rad, and you can pretend you have a lil self-watering mountain in your backyard :3:

Fruity Gordo
Aug 5, 2013

Neurotic, Impotent Rage!

gay picnic defence posted:

I googled this to see what it was and found a bunch of pictures of idiots burying CCA posts in their raised beds :cripes:

I've seen people building raised bed borders with particle board :laugh:

WHICH IDIOT LEFT THIS GOLD OUT FOR HARD RUBBISH. FOUR PLANKS AND YOU GOT A STEW GOIN

Fruity Gordo
Aug 5, 2013

Neurotic, Impotent Rage!

hiddenmovement posted:

Keep in mind that we are currently in the middle of Stolen Generation 2 : Electric Boogaloo

Aboriginal child removal rate was 4.9% in 2013, up from 1.1% in 2004. Non-Indigenous went from 0.3% to 0.6%. The Intervention continues. He was so, so sorry. :allears:

https://newmatilda.com/2014/11/20/removal-aboriginal-children-crisis-point-and-rising

Fruity Gordo fucked around with this message at 09:07 on Mar 5, 2015

Fruity Gordo
Aug 5, 2013

Neurotic, Impotent Rage!
A cynical attack against the tobacco companies.

Leyonhjelm spotted.

Fruity Gordo
Aug 5, 2013

Neurotic, Impotent Rage!

Jumpingmanjim posted:

What's with the sudden outbreak of quality posting?
It's because I am posting again.

Fruity Gordo
Aug 5, 2013

Neurotic, Impotent Rage!

Les Affaires posted:

Once again proving that the existence of matter requires the existence of anti-matter.

MODS

Fruity Gordo
Aug 5, 2013

Neurotic, Impotent Rage!
Who among us can truly say they have never fallen foul of the hivemind? For some, it may be bike helmet policy. For others, concentration camps. Live and let die, I say, esp if those dying are filthy brown-skinned protesters being held on a remote island against their will and all conventions of international law. Let's have a nice time joshing with our friends about the roly-poly world of politics, safe in the knowledge that there is no such thing as society.

Fruity Gordo
Aug 5, 2013

Neurotic, Impotent Rage!

Shadeoses posted:

Did the tiger really even exist? Maybe the baby did it for attention.

The baby only did it bc the baby lobby told it to. :smith:

God drat the baby lobby.

Fruity Gordo
Aug 5, 2013

Neurotic, Impotent Rage!

Graic Gabtar posted:

Typical of pretty much everyone here really. Play the man, not the ball.

When 'the ball' is people getting tortured, and a man comes in and says 'aheh I think u will find that the ball does not exist checkmate carefags :smuggo:', there is naught left to play but the man.

Fruity Gordo
Aug 5, 2013

Neurotic, Impotent Rage!

Graic Gabtar posted:

You've got a lot of hate in you. There's medication for that I hear.

Actually it sounds like a lot of compassion and deep outrage at injustice but I can't expect you to be able to register emotions at such humane frequencies.

Fruity Gordo
Aug 5, 2013

Neurotic, Impotent Rage!
This person is incredibly frustrated at my lack of humanity and telling me I am rubbish in no uncertain terms in the general cadence of auspol. What a crazy drama queen amirite u guise *look around at thread full of crazy drama queens*

lol u carefags

Fruity Gordo
Aug 5, 2013

Neurotic, Impotent Rage!

CrazyTolradi posted:

"Caring is for sheeple and lefties" - Graic Gabtar, a Nazi apologist.

EDIT Oh man, love the new avatar.

WTF that avatar rules I want it

Fruity Gordo
Aug 5, 2013

Neurotic, Impotent Rage!

Zetsubou-san posted:

what original loving article is this shitstain talking about?
Here you go

Fruity Gordo
Aug 5, 2013

Neurotic, Impotent Rage!

EvilElmo posted:

The Greens, the party for young people.

Milne gave a speech last night at a NSW Young Greens party that was actually legit good imo and she quoted Emma Goldman (the one about revolution and dancing, so not earth shatteringly cool, but it was good fanservice bc NSWYG are the anarchistest Greens). She must have been drunk, since she was already there when I arrived relatively on time and $150 was gone from the tab.

When she bailed I was outside having a cigarette and shitposting and she and (I think) her partner bowled up to me and she was like NICE TO SEE YOU AGAIN SEE YOU AT MARDI GRAS TOMORROW, so she either has an excellent gaydar or an excellent memory (it's the former). All things considered she has been on good form this weekend and I think I like her bc it's a nice thing to do to pretend to remember someone who is effectively an underling though technically not, and make an effort to say hi when you could easily walk straight past them without them noticing.

I don't go to Mardi Gras anymore tho bc that poo poo is too corporate and exclusionary. :c00lbutt:

Fruity Gordo
Aug 5, 2013

Neurotic, Impotent Rage!
I'll fraction your diction if u no what I mean

Fruity Gordo
Aug 5, 2013

Neurotic, Impotent Rage!

Preparing your poos for a low-flow toilet, I see.

Fruity Gordo
Aug 5, 2013

Neurotic, Impotent Rage!

Fruity Gordo posted:

Preparing my posts for a low-flow toilet, I see.

Fruity Gordo
Aug 5, 2013

Neurotic, Impotent Rage!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NgWn7zbgxZ4

Fruity Gordo
Aug 5, 2013

Neurotic, Impotent Rage!

Smegmatron posted:

Phonics is part of direct instruction, which goes back to the hypodermic model of communication, and that's what they really want to bring back. The idea is basically that you get told something, you remember it, and that means you've learned it. Its been discredited as a communication model for decades, let alone a pedagogical strategy, but it makes sense to Jerry from Doonside and he votes, so lets go with it.

The alternative is what we do now - constructivist or inquiry-based learning - and it involves experiencing the material directly, asking questions and finding the answers with the teacher acting more as a guide than instructor. You can understand why conservatives might not like this.

Leave Hoonside out of this. :argh:

Fruity Gordo
Aug 5, 2013

Neurotic, Impotent Rage!

Aaronicon posted:

Tony Abbott doesn't wear his wedding ring. But it would be impolite to enquire as to the martial status of a Prime Minister. Simply uncalled for. :ironicat:

Agreed, particularly when that Prime Minister wields the concept of their rosy family life and wholesome Christian morality like a cudgel. Most unchill and VERY inappropriate.

Fruity Gordo
Aug 5, 2013

Neurotic, Impotent Rage!
I care so little about auspol that I post in it every day, what of it carefags

Fruity Gordo
Aug 5, 2013

Neurotic, Impotent Rage!
Seems pretty parliamentary to me. :shrug:

Fruity Gordo
Aug 5, 2013

Neurotic, Impotent Rage!

Bill Shorten Drops Ice Cream Cone Seconds After Purchase posted:

Photos and tweets from bystanders have surfaced indicating that Opposition Leader Bill Shorten was spotted dropping an ice cream cone this morning mere seconds after purchasing it from the ice cream truck.

According to the bystanders the Leader of the Opposition looked "chipper" as he walked quickly down to the ice cream truck with a big smile on his face and gave the impression of a man "without a care in the world" as he whistled gaily to himself while waiting in line to order his favourite ice cream, a single scoop of vanilla in a plain cone.

It was then, witnesses report, that tragedy struck: "He was leaning forward to take a big bite when the scoop of ice cream toppled from the cone, plummeting to the ground. You could tell right away that he was heartbroken.

"Where before he was upright and cheerful, eyebrows raised in appreciation of a beautiful world, he became hunched and downcast. His shoulders slumped as he rooted around in his pockets for the money to purchase another cone but to no avail, that was all of his lunch money gone.

“It was bizarre. He just kept muttering ‘But Billy loves ice cream’ to himself over and over like some religious chant.

"He kicked at the dirt once and marched somberly back into parliament to presumedly try find some joy in whatever gaff the Prime Minister had made over the weekend."

This is not the first time the Opposition Leader has publicly been the recipient of bad fortune, with such incidents including having recently sat on a bench covered in wet paint immediately before question time and forgetting he was on microphone while repeating the mantra “You’re a man Bill, you’re a handsome sexual man worthy of respect” to himself backstage at ABC television program Q & A and then once again on the panel.

Comment from Shorten’s office have indicated that while the Leader of the Opposition is disappointed in this turn of events, he is feeling optimistic about the future.

“While this has certainly been a tough time for Mr Shorten, what with the ice cream incident, the thing with the beehive, that time he forgot his own name in a press conference and just yesterday when the chain fell off his bike just metres from his front door, Bill believes that things are really going to change for him.

“He’s certain whatever the future holds for him it will be smooth sailing and you know what, maybe he didn’t even want to have an ice cream anyway so whatever.”

Shorten spent the majority of question time trying to shrug off the incident stating

“We are interested in fighting this Prime Minister’s unfair budget not the unfair loss of a delicious ice cream cone on a warm day. An ice cream cone made just the way Billy likes it. A poor, innocent cone. Sorry, where was I? What’s happening with medicare?”
The struggle is real.

Fruity Gordo
Aug 5, 2013

Neurotic, Impotent Rage!

Mad Katter posted:

This is the dumbest thing. Forget about funding programs to re-train or educate the people who will be losing their jobs, and forget about using that money to support businesses and industry that's still actually operating in areas like Elizabeth. Just hand over a billion dollars to GM and Toyota.

It was exactly this kind of corporate welfare that led to the situation we're in. If I worked at Holden I would want to riot.

Actually rioting only means that you're eligible for torture, so it wouldn't be in their rational self-interest to express their anger in any way other than at the ballot box in the appropriate time as set out in the Commonwealth Electoral Act 1918. In the meantime they should take heart that the wisdom of the free market will find a way, the filthy loving prole scum.

Fruity Gordo
Aug 5, 2013

Neurotic, Impotent Rage!
I agree Craig, you should probably stop posting forever so as not to give us any more ammo or any more reason to think that you're a very bad person. A sound decision which will yield best results.

Fruity Gordo
Aug 5, 2013

Neurotic, Impotent Rage!

Murodese posted:

Yeah, this is pretty much my argument. Going Fruity Gordo at people isn't going to change any minds ever, because people bunker the gently caress down when they're under attack. Manipulating them into changing their opinion is far more effective.

Your vendetta is excruciatingly boring fyi

Fruity Gordo
Aug 5, 2013

Neurotic, Impotent Rage!

Murodese posted:

It's cute that you think I actually give a poo poo about you beyond turning your name into a synonym for "flipping the gently caress out randomly and forcefully"

I care about you so little that I will create any opportunity to mock you I can come up with. :smug: - not a boring compulsion

Fruity Gordo
Aug 5, 2013

Neurotic, Impotent Rage!
If those greyhounds didnt want to die covered in fleas and sores at the pound maybe some of them shouldnt have been blooded. :smugdog: <--- this dog is a pedigreed labradoodle adopted at 8 weeks from the breeder by a loving family from Woollahra

Fruity Gordo
Aug 5, 2013

Neurotic, Impotent Rage!
Greens are kicking up a stink of course, esp in Londonderry, my electorate, where one of the blooding tracks is located. The other Londonderry candidates are curiously silent, I can't imagine why (revenue, political donations)

http://nsw.greens.org.au/news/nsw/western-sydney-candidates-pressured-back-suspension-greyhound-races

Fruity Gordo
Aug 5, 2013

Neurotic, Impotent Rage!
It was Nuclear Spy :3:

Fruity Gordo
Aug 5, 2013

Neurotic, Impotent Rage!
under the neckbeard

Fruity Gordo
Aug 5, 2013

Neurotic, Impotent Rage!

thatfatkid posted:

Are public education and universal healthcare somehow exclusive of the lower class?

Is violent crime rampant in Australia?

Is there a very real chance that you will be shot on any given day that you leave your house?

Do you have running water and electricity?

Australia is a pretty loving good country to live in, if you think otherwise go and visit South Africa.

yeah abodiginies, love it or leave it! (lots of black australians have either no or pissweak access to those things and have a goodly chance of being thrown in jail and beaten for walking down the street after sinking half the number of beers you and your mates neck each at the exservos on a tuesday afternoon)

Fruity Gordo
Aug 5, 2013

Neurotic, Impotent Rage!

ASIC v Danny Bro posted:

Somewhat academic/general education talk here: Anyone here know some reputable, well researched academic journals that are published quarterly?

Just looking to bone up on my economic knowledge during bus rides; almost finished with Keatings biography (the one he got pissed at).

Monthly not quarterly, but :shrug:

Fruity Gordo
Aug 5, 2013

Neurotic, Impotent Rage!

This is the worst of all kinds of human

Fruity Gordo
Aug 5, 2013

Neurotic, Impotent Rage!
nooooooooooo

Fruity Gordo
Aug 5, 2013

Neurotic, Impotent Rage!