Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Graic Gabtar
Dec 19, 2014

squat my posts
Mike Baird reads mean tweets.

Always hilarious these things.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Graic Gabtar
Dec 19, 2014

squat my posts
Now I've heard the term "gangbang" used on insiders.

Strange days we live in.

Graic Gabtar
Dec 19, 2014

squat my posts

Jumpingmanjim posted:

I've heard the next leadership spill being described as a three way.
I think the best Abbott could hope for at the moment is a rash on his forehead from Brandis' shaved ball sack while he's stuck at the bottom of the stacks on.

Graic Gabtar
Dec 19, 2014

squat my posts

Orkin Mang posted:

its the only democracy in the middle east if u didnt know. in spite of years of constant attack, they still live up to their ideals of democracy and human rights. youll hear some people are criticising them but theyre pedophiles

The probably get all the cricket World Cup matches free to air as well.

Graic Gabtar
Dec 19, 2014

squat my posts

Frogmanv2 posted:

Ahem

*Taps thread title *

Problematic

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pLtB7e_hrS4

Graic Gabtar
Dec 19, 2014

squat my posts

Fruity Gordo posted:

Don't hit me hard tho bc I'm a girl

Just a little pushing contest.

Graic Gabtar
Dec 19, 2014

squat my posts

Comstar posted:

Wouldn't that mean he mislead Parliament? If the documents exist, he's a dead mean walking. And if they get rid of him before they get released, Turnball will be stuck with it.
It's going to be huge.

The cross promotion on Insiders this morning did Nine News proud.

Graic Gabtar
Dec 19, 2014

squat my posts

Fruity Gordo posted:

And if you are a parliamentarian you usually don't fart out a press release because you got a scary email, you give it to the AFP and don't publicise it, bc that is really really stupid?

This basically.

Graic Gabtar
Dec 19, 2014

squat my posts

Splode posted:

I missed you fruity
Fruity had a long holiday.

Must have been a good reason.

Just putting it out there, I'm drunk and dangerously overtired.

Graic Gabtar
Dec 19, 2014

squat my posts

cpaf posted:

hope you don't say something you might regret later

I'll try not to.

I hit my 40 hour week Wednesday arvo and got home last night.

I've been drinking heavily since I woke up at about 11 but I'm still OK.

As tired as I am I still can't believe how no-one recognizes how talented Andrew Bolt is.

Graic Gabtar
Dec 19, 2014

squat my posts

Fruity Gordo posted:

At what point do you think the contempt for you will be so crait that you'll have to create a new account and have another craic?

That's a serious question? Really?

Never. Some people take internet forums seriously. I think that means you mate - not me.

Graic Gabtar
Dec 19, 2014

squat my posts

Fruity Gordo posted:

I've received a fuckload of internet death threats for about six years...
Drama much?

Graic Gabtar
Dec 19, 2014

squat my posts

Avshalom posted:

he's also a moron who doesn't understand how roads work
Apparently so.

quote:

I AM A MORON WHO DOESN'T UNDERSTAND HOW ROADS WORK

e: Did someone drop USD$9.95 to do that?

Graic Gabtar
Dec 19, 2014

squat my posts

Fruity Gordo posted:

Look I'm sorry I took a month off and all of you idiots forgot what good posting looks like but it's not my fault.
Sorry, who are you?

Graic Gabtar
Dec 19, 2014

squat my posts

PaletteSwappedNinja posted:

I'm poor and I want to die.

Graic Gabtar
Dec 19, 2014

squat my posts
Q&A.

Yeaaahh...no.

Graic Gabtar
Dec 19, 2014

squat my posts

Anidav posted:

I handed out a resume to a cafe owner yesterday who declined my resume and told me minimum wage was too high and penalty rates are an out of date concept; therefore she will be unable to hire anyone until the government fixes those things. According to small cafe owner woman person.

It's a free country.

Graic Gabtar
Dec 19, 2014

squat my posts

MaxwellsEquations posted:

The take home message is to never protest against asylum seeker treatment, because even companies will gently caress you over

http://www.theage.com.au/national/qantas-passenger-banned-after-asylum-seeker-walkout-20150302-13svcn.html

I think you would find that the travelling public would be more than happy that companies that operate machines that travel at 800km/h at an altitude of 10km are keeping people who may be disruptive off them.

Graic Gabtar
Dec 19, 2014

squat my posts

Raged posted:

Bathurst house prices have gotten ridiculous over the last 10 years since everyone from Sydney/Blue Mountains has bought them as investment properties

Bubble is not helped that there is just a practical limit to the number of desirable locations. Be it job opportunities or the view.

Graic Gabtar
Dec 19, 2014

squat my posts

BCR posted:

This is not a post.

Graic Gabtar
Dec 19, 2014

squat my posts

SadisTech posted:

https://www.facebook.com/AlboMP/photos/a.537786969588753.119653.537762462924537/906240532743393/?type=1

So Albanese posted this image on Facebook:

I got to tell you, the general tenor of the comments it's attracting is genuinely heartening, for a change. Hopefully someone takes note. they won't
Yeah, you won't hear a Liberal politician string that many words without some self-inflicted SNAFU.

Graic Gabtar
Dec 19, 2014

squat my posts

quote:

Bali Nine: Andrew Chan, Myuran Sukumaran may be moved to Nusakambangan island tomorrow ahead of executions

The ABC understands the Bali Nine duo are to be moved from their prison to the Indonesian island of Nusakambangan as early as tomorrow, but the date of their executions is yet to be decided.

Earlier today, Bali's chief prosecutor, Momock Bambang Samiarso, said that within two days he planned to send Andrew Chan and Myuran Sukumaran to the island where they were due to be executed.

Mr Samiarso said the prison was ready to take them.

"If not today then tomorrow yeah... I hope so, if not today, tomorrow," he said.

http://www.abc.net.au/news/2015-03-03/bali-nine-duo-may-be-moved-to-nusakambangan-island-tomorrow/6278086

Unsure if chief prosecutor is talking about eBay package delivery.

Graic Gabtar
Dec 19, 2014

squat my posts

cpaf posted:

I wonder if the Australian Brick & Bricklayer Training Foundation might benefit somehow if more people decide to become bricklayers

Bricklaying is moving up in the world.

Graic Gabtar
Dec 19, 2014

squat my posts

Cleretic posted:

I won by donkey vote. Democracy In Action.
This is beginning to sound more and more like Election.

Graic Gabtar
Dec 19, 2014

squat my posts

Dear god.

Graic Gabtar
Dec 19, 2014

squat my posts

freebooter posted:

I have a politically aware English lefty friend who is coming to Australia and doesn't really know anything about it, and has asked for reading recommendation to get an overview of history/politics etc. What's a good longread that sums up the entire bizarre and disgusting asylum seeker debacle, for the benefit of somebody who hasn't done the obstacle course of smoke and mirrors for the past fifteen years? Like, every now and then I wonder what it must look like to somebody who arrives from overseas, to find Australia frothing at the mouth at a tiny group of political refugees. Virtually anything good that I can think of having read comes from the understanding that you've already been schooled in the propaganda, I want something for fresh eyes.

I know Christos Tsiolkas wrote that piece in the Monthly a while back, but I didn't like it, largely because it does what Howard wanted everybody to do and frames it as a question of general immigration rather than the resettlement of people in danger for their lives.

Sounds like they will be pre-loaded with your views so hardly worth it really.

Graic Gabtar
Dec 19, 2014

squat my posts

Jumpingmanjim posted:

I reckon we are at delusion.

I dunno - it might be "return to normal".

Graic Gabtar
Dec 19, 2014

squat my posts

Sulla-Marius 88 posted:

unless it's just about to skyrocket
Well that's also a possibility.

Graic Gabtar
Dec 19, 2014

squat my posts
There's always those $1,000 houses in Detroit if Castles aren't your style.

Graic Gabtar
Dec 19, 2014

squat my posts

Forget walking to get milk. A guy I know from Melbourne was sent to Detroit for a year for work. People in the office would walk up and abuse him for stealing a job - even getting aggressive.

He was back home in less than two months.

Graic Gabtar
Dec 19, 2014

squat my posts

open24hours posted:

Philistine.

[Edit: I've been dreaming about buying cheap land on the west coast of Tasmania and doing the same thing for a while now, but my girlfriend is passionately against it (and probably with good reason) so it remains a dream.]
Shittest house in the nicest street you can find is still a good way to go.

You can do whatever you want to the house but a good location is always a good location.

Sell it down the line for a slice of Tasmanian lifestyle.

Graic Gabtar
Dec 19, 2014

squat my posts

Doctor Spaceman posted:

The way Muir got into parliament was ridiculous but he's done better than a shitload of people in there.
The way most people get into parliament is pretty ridiculous to be honest.

Graic Gabtar
Dec 19, 2014

squat my posts

Fruity Gordo posted:

Aboriginal child removal rate was 4.9% in 2013, up from 1.1% in 2004. Non-Indigenous went from 0.3% to 0.6%. The Intervention continues. He was so, so sorry. :allears:

https://newmatilda.com/2014/11/20/removal-aboriginal-children-crisis-point-and-rising

If the rate was 0.6% for all the article would be about the criminal neglect that is abandoning aboriginal children to some horrible fate.

A no-win situation for any Government this issue.

Graic Gabtar
Dec 19, 2014

squat my posts

Jumpingmanjim posted:

Some of us are sick to death of the hypocrisy and intellectual dishonesty that comes with partisan politics. Ricky Muir is a breath of fresh air in that regard.

Until he states a position contrary to one of yours or others here I guess.

Graic Gabtar
Dec 19, 2014

squat my posts

Senor Tron posted:

Yeah, I'm aware of the GST stuff, but I won't be working long enough doing this to reach that point.

I think I'll give it a go and look over the contract. If things like super are covered then it's probably fine, if they aren't then I'll run away.

Yeah, interesting.

What state are you in? You're very likely to need your own "work cover" insurance as well - unless that what your potential employer means.

If it's for indemnity, insurance can be expensive - and the more coverage you have the more you pay. Some places have a minimum level of coverage as well.

Graic Gabtar
Dec 19, 2014

squat my posts

Senor Tron posted:

The insurance they quoted works out to $50 a month, so I'd hope it would cover everything.

Ultimately it's a lot of hassle for what works out to minimim pay, but if it is all above board at least it's lots of hours for the next couple of months, will have to decide over the weekend.

Where are you based?

Graic Gabtar
Dec 19, 2014

squat my posts

starkebn posted:

It's loving criminal and stupid how remuneration goes up by percent of your wage. Just give everyone $5k a year raises whether they're in the top bracket or the bottom. It would benefit the bottom paid a lot more and stop the top earners from getting so far ahead.

Also, change the entire economy and concept of inflation while you're at it.

All pay increases should be limited to the price of a slab of VB per fortnight.

Graic Gabtar
Dec 19, 2014

squat my posts

SadisTech posted:

I'm really, really getting loving shirty about the number of Australians I'm seeing making comments to the effect that "Oh boo hoo, convicted drug peddlers getting shot, they knew the risks, who cares."

Imagine knowing that you were going to be shot to death. Imagine being led into a jungle clearing at night and being tied to a post with your hands behind you. Imagine seeing a torch beam turned on and aimed right at your heart to provide a target.

Imagine men in uniforms filing into the clearing and lining up facing you. Imagine them picking up their rifles and aiming these lethal weapons right at you. Imagine hearing a harsh command shouted. Something terrible happens to your body and if you're lucky you'll die before you understand what it actually was. Your brain processes sounds slightly behind other sensation so your last conscious impression is of stunningly loud noise, frightening and painful in your ears.

If you're lucky you'll be dead straight away. If not, you might remain slightly conscious while they check, and then you hear the captain shout another order, and then a man in a uniform stands over you and aims his rifle down at you from point blank range.

Imagine that.

Who cares.

What's your point?

Graic Gabtar
Dec 19, 2014

squat my posts

Zetsubou-san posted:

he looks so happy

Pyne in this reminds me of the infamous Jack Perry from Zig and Zag.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Graic Gabtar
Dec 19, 2014

squat my posts

katlington posted:

The lnp is providing Nauru with their pr playbook, I see. This whole thing is a crime.

Refugees on Nauru say they were forced to sign bail orders banning protests

It may be just easier to accept that asylum isn't a ticket to a first world country. Just get on with it and build a better life thankful that you aren't being sent back to your country of origin where you will allegedly be tortured and/or killed.

• Locked thread