Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Akumos
Sep 10, 2006

it's real btw http://store.steampowered.com/app/353360/

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

StabMasterArson
May 31, 2011

should have been a wario ware style doll sex micro game collection imo

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

can you put barbies feet way up your nose and twist in game?

liquid courage
Aug 12, 2011

finally, gamers everywhere will know how to Do It.

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

In many ways, this game makes me sick to my stomach and pray for armageddon.

Great Joe
Aug 13, 2008

no joke its cool this exists :waycool:

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

The 11-year-old girl later went on to make huniepop

Heran Bago
Aug 18, 2006

Finally gamers everywhere can teach an 11-year-old girl how to Do It in a work of interactive fiction.

Finally.

Black Baby Goku
Apr 2, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo

Wormskull posted:

The WWE network is the only thing keeping me on this fag planet

fuck. marry. t-rex
Jan 23, 2014

Lipstick Apathy
I sure could have used this on my 22nd birthday haha

qnqnx
Nov 14, 2010

Wormskull posted:

i cant wait for earth to get annihilated in nuclear fire, so I can have all the time to play games without the distractions of fake gamers and their fake games [nuclear armaggedon happens, hands fall off]

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

qnqnx, 2034: steam update? but it's not fair... there was time now...

apropos to nothing
Sep 5, 2003
Long story short: Sex jokes aside, this game does have some interesting ideas about the view of sex to adolescents. Although more of an art project than a game, it only takes a minute or two and is worth at least checking out, no matter what kinds of games you are into.

You can immediately tell how do you Do It? was made in a game jam. It barely has much content at all, and everything about it seems so child-like. And yet, that's the message being conveyed; how a young girl privately learns about sex, dealing with the confusion and embarrassment of it all. While nothing amazing as a game, the experience is interesting and concise in a way that it's worth checking out and even analysing if you have the time.

Pretty much the game is a single screen where you bang 2D ragdoll dolls with each other. The game cuts you off after a minute, and then tells you how many times you "could have had sex". If you go for a little too long, your mum catches you, and the game ends with a negative message. If you stop a bit early, you won't get caught. The game still ends at the same time though, so ultimately the best score is one that can stop just in time before the end.

The ragdoll physics is a little weird. You move both hands with the WASD keys (moving them toward, away, up, and down), and you rotate the dolls clockwise with the J and K keys. You can kind-of jam the dolls against each other, and move your hands away to make the dolls float. The point scoring is also a bit odd because the weird physics can work either for or against your favour.

Ultimately though, this game is great in its art direction. It's aesthetically simple, and has the charm of a DOS styled game. The characters are nicely stylised, and the whole visual design has this nice child-like feel to it. The MIDI music also has that young PC feeling. Nothing amazing, but just stylistically great.

Also, when you're going about the gameplay, the main character's thoughts are printed on the the screen. They're all really well thought out as they all involve what a child would perceive sex as being. There's a lot of confusion, speculation, and curiosity conveyed through the dialogue, all of which adds to the overall theme of the game.

The whole game uses this theme of childhood effectively. The archaic design of the gameplay, visuals, and sound, as well as the writing all add up to that really well. It's not amazing in terms of being a game; it has no more content than a simple Flash game. However, the theme not only makes up for that, but makes it a really compelling experience overall.

RATING: 2 UP, 1 DOWN
My up/down rating system tries to differentiate between games that are mediocre (less ups and downs total), and games that are interesting but flawed (more ups and downs totals). Ups relate to how much good a game has, and downs are how much bad a game has.

Schnedwob
Feb 28, 2014

my legs are okay

apropos to nothing posted:

Long story short: Sex jokes aside, this game does have some interesting ideas about the view of sex to adolescents. Although more of an art project than a game, it only takes a minute or two and is worth at least checking out, no matter what kinds of games you are into.

You can immediately tell how do you Do It? was made in a game jam. It barely has much content at all, and everything about it seems so child-like. And yet, that's the message being conveyed; how a young girl privately learns about sex, dealing with the confusion and embarrassment of it all. While nothing amazing as a game, the experience is interesting and concise in a way that it's worth checking out and even analysing if you have the time.

Pretty much the game is a single screen where you bang 2D ragdoll dolls with each other. The game cuts you off after a minute, and then tells you how many times you "could have had sex". If you go for a little too long, your mum catches you, and the game ends with a negative message. If you stop a bit early, you won't get caught. The game still ends at the same time though, so ultimately the best score is one that can stop just in time before the end.

The ragdoll physics is a little weird. You move both hands with the WASD keys (moving them toward, away, up, and down), and you rotate the dolls clockwise with the J and K keys. You can kind-of jam the dolls against each other, and move your hands away to make the dolls float. The point scoring is also a bit odd because the weird physics can work either for or against your favour.

Ultimately though, this game is great in its art direction. It's aesthetically simple, and has the charm of a DOS styled game. The characters are nicely stylised, and the whole visual design has this nice child-like feel to it. The MIDI music also has that young PC feeling. Nothing amazing, but just stylistically great.

Also, when you're going about the gameplay, the main character's thoughts are printed on the the screen. They're all really well thought out as they all involve what a child would perceive sex as being. There's a lot of confusion, speculation, and curiosity conveyed through the dialogue, all of which adds to the overall theme of the game.

The whole game uses this theme of childhood effectively. The archaic design of the gameplay, visuals, and sound, as well as the writing all add up to that really well. It's not amazing in terms of being a game; it has no more content than a simple Flash game. However, the theme not only makes up for that, but makes it a really compelling experience overall.

My up/down rating system tries to differentiate between games that are mediocre (less ups and downs total), and games that are interesting but flawed (more ups and downs totals). Ups relate to how much good a game has, and downs are how much bad a game has.

thank you for this in-depth review of a baby artgame for babies

Mr. Pumroy
May 20, 2001

cool game. anticipating many youtube men recording themselves playing this game about a child's sex thoughts. that will be really cool. that will be wholly appropriate.

Zoq-Fot-Pik
Jun 27, 2008

Frungy!

Didn't read.

Black Baby Goku
Apr 2, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo

Zoq-Fot-Pik posted:

Didn't read.

Falsum
May 10, 2013

Crazy for the Bros
Read the first sentence, am assuming for the sake of Imp Zone it's a copy paste.

Coolguye
Jul 6, 2011

Required by his programming!
if it isnt someone needs to get banned

apropos to nothing
Sep 5, 2003
yeah i wrote all those words about the teaching a little girl to how to gently caress game in the comedy video game subforum. thats exactly hwat i loving did

Coolguye
Jul 6, 2011

cool that's what i thought

mods?

frank.club
Jan 15, 2011

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

[in jerry Seinfeld voice] I.. I don't know!

Gaspar Lewis
Nov 30, 2007

by Lowtax

this probably takes longer to read than the game is

Falsum
May 10, 2013

Crazy for the Bros

Gaspar Lewis posted:

Dec 26, 2012

Gaspar Lewis posted:

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

qnqnx
Nov 14, 2010

Zoq-Fot-Pik posted:

Didn't read.

Mr.Fahrenheit
Dec 27, 2012
should i play it, gamers?

Lawman 0
Aug 17, 2010

Falsum
May 10, 2013

Crazy for the Bros

Mr.Fahrenheit posted:

should i play it, gamers?

Make an LP about it.

In three months; don't wanna get banned.

Mr.Fahrenheit
Dec 27, 2012

Falsum posted:

Make an LP about it.

In three months; don't wanna get banned.

they removed that rule you effin dumbass

qnqnx
Nov 14, 2010

Mr.Fahrenheit posted:

they removed that rule you effin dumbass

tell me more about the latest in lets play happenings, like if theyre still freaking out about the nofriendo entertainment system namechange

Buck Turgidson
Feb 6, 2011

𓀬𓀠𓀟𓀡𓀢𓀣𓀤𓀥𓀞𓀬
I would like to know who thinks this poo poo is more compelling or thought-provoking than blasting people with rocket launchers so they can be placed on some kind of government watchlist for dangerous sex offenders.

Sir John Feelgood
Nov 18, 2009

This game looks like a fuckin piece of poo poo!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Gaspar Lewis
Nov 30, 2007

by Lowtax

Buck Turgidson posted:

I would like to know who thinks this poo poo is more compelling or thought-provoking than blasting people with rocket launchers so they can be placed on some kind of government watchlist for dangerous sex offenders.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mJ_WG3d3GL8

Coolguye
Jul 6, 2011

qnqnx posted:

tell me more about the latest in lets play happenings, like if theyre still freaking out about the nofriendo entertainment system namechange

most of the forum didn't give a poo poo about that change

it was worth it for the few that did tho

frank.club
Jan 15, 2011

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

BiG TrUcKs !!!
Feb 25, 2007

My life is the most blessed and most cursed in existence (blessed spiritually, cursed physically)

Heran Bago posted:

Finally gamers everywhere can teach an 11-year-old girl how to Do It in a work of interactive fiction.

Finally.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bicyclops
Aug 27, 2004

i know of all the things one could simulate using games, one of the ones i looked forward to the most was being a baby hiding baby sex games from mom, with bad pixel art.

• Locked thread