Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Kwyndig
Sep 23, 2006

Heeeeeey

I'm slowly working on a new game for the forums using Atomic Robo. Who knows when I'll be done though.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kwyndig
Sep 23, 2006

Heeeeeey

Ewen Cluney posted:

Yeah, a set of "Commerce Rules" is going to be one of the major new things the full version will have, though it's also going to be the single most design-intensive part of the endeavor. Without that it's much more like a retail sitcom crossed with Slayers.

I'm sad to see she's leaving gaming, but it sounds like she's more just not feeling it, so it's not nearly as depressing as it could be.

Yeah but retail sitcom crossed with Slayers was a decent show a couple of seasons ago.

Edit: Although it was a bit heavy on the fanservice.

Kwyndig fucked around with this message at 05:59 on Mar 8, 2015

Kwyndig
Sep 23, 2006

Heeeeeey

Zereth posted:

I remember that being an argument about whether that worked or not for the power which does exactly that in Exalted since the release of 1e.

Ah yes the infamous 'can I parry gravity/the ground' debates.

Kwyndig
Sep 23, 2006

Heeeeeey

Dungeon of housecats would be a great 2e gag one shot.

Kwyndig
Sep 23, 2006

Heeeeeey

Yeah just having non boss monsters unable to crit never seems to cross the minds of a lot of designers.

Kwyndig
Sep 23, 2006

Heeeeeey

AlphaDog posted:

I've been thinking about a dungeon crawl game where character creation is "draw a card from these three decks" (or maybe "draw 2 and discard 1 from each of these three decks").

Card 1 gives you your race/background/talents. Card 2 gives you your melee stats, physical skills, and some gear. Card 3 gives you your caster stats, mental skills, and some gear.

There'd be 40 or so cards per deck with lots of variety. So you'd go "poo poo, Bob the Dwarf Fighter died... Gimme a sec. Now I'm a <draw> Elven alchemist with a talent for drinking and <draw> huge biceps and a two handed sword and <draw> a dunce cap and no spells".

That sounds like a great time actually.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kwyndig
Sep 23, 2006

Heeeeeey

But if you use Rebuke Undead then you're eviiiiiiiil....

• Locked thread