Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
clockworkjoe
May 31, 2000

Rolled a 1 on the random encounter table, didn't you?
I plan to finish up an Eclipse Phase campaign I started in July 2013.

Also, I just played in a trail of cthulhu game that ended up with PCs getting mind controlled and shooting each other. Fun times!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

clockworkjoe
May 31, 2000

Man Dancer posted:

I ran a session of Dungeon Crawl Classics at my game store last week and just went to the Purple Sorcerer 0-Level Party Generator and spat out 10 sheets of 4 random 0-level characters for my players to sift through. It was super easy and fast, the players loved their sets of 4 randomly-generated saps, while still being entertained when 50% of them perished. I thought having the players not go through the process of creating the characters themselves would lower their engagement and attachment, but really all the players needed to do was name the characters and posit a few relationships between them. I highly recommend it!

This character generator got me interested in running DCC. What else do I need other than the main book? Do I absolutely need those weird dice? What's a good intro adventure?

clockworkjoe
May 31, 2000

Len posted:

I would get a ticket for a FATAL game at Gencon if I saw one being run. I'm unsure if I would want to go solo or buy tickets for all my friends going with me. Probably the second option though.

Gen Con isn't going to let a game that breaks their anti-harassment policies in its own loving rules be an official game.

Also, if you doubt that FATAL can be funny, there was a 13 page or so long play by post game of it on SA that was hilarious - spell mishaps that caused 125 decibel farts for example.

• Locked thread