Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Ronwayne
Nov 20, 2007

That warm and fuzzy feeling.

Zereth posted:

Don't forget that weapons which used less ticks to attack generally also had higher Rate so you could fit more attacks in a flurry. So you got way more than twice as many attacks out of a weapon which was twice as fast.

Ugh. yeah, i remember my huge person high str PC also just maxing dex and using jade short swords instead of something suitably large.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ronwayne
Nov 20, 2007

bunnielab posted:

I guess I don't take games serious enough to really care about their intersection with real-life issues, but gently caress it if making kobolds tiny little dragons doesn't piss me off.

In my opinion the worst part of that was people jacking off over PunPun for about half a decade.

Ronwayne
Nov 20, 2007

Night10194 posted:

Well, also, Only War starts out sorta-maybe low powered and then rockets into the stratosphere of action herodom as hard as possible, as fast as possible. Except you're still made of balsa wood.

This, and I love it. The thing though is with many builds you're a nearly unhittable glass rocket. poo poo, ratlings start off with a -50 penalty to even shoot them. Hell, a vet guardsman can dual a space marine as long as they have a big enough gun (which you can get for free with one of those advanced classes you get at 2500 exp, that multilaser makes almost everything as squishy as you are.) and don't fail a roll to get hit/stealth it.

The second a guardsman buys the dodge skill is when he/she becomes a person.

Ronwayne fucked around with this message at 01:13 on Mar 16, 2015

Ronwayne
Nov 20, 2007

well, why does every Vampire turn into a sex thing? :colbert:

Ronwayne
Nov 20, 2007

Poz my neg Assamite

Ronwayne
Nov 20, 2007

PurpleXVI posted:

Considering that LotFP has art of women getting fisted to death by skeletons, I think it's pretty easy to believe the creator's got something broken in his head along these lines, unless I'm getting it mixed up with another creepy RPG.

The world is just not ready for lesbian amy winehouse eroticism.

Ronwayne
Nov 20, 2007

Damnation is doing the same thing over and over and getting the same result.

Ronwayne
Nov 20, 2007

It may be a Highlander kind of thing.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ronwayne
Nov 20, 2007

Is Plutonis the guy with the topknot and katana? Or am I thinking of something Kevin Sorbo was in?

• Locked thread