Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
sentrygun
Dec 29, 2009

i say~
hey start:nya-sh
I'd like to run more weird storygames, and while it's not new for me since I've played in a game, I'd love to mess around with Tenra Bansho Zero more. Mostly I just want to make myself run a live game despite my wonky rear end schedule, which might also involve TBZ.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

sentrygun
Dec 29, 2009

i say~

AmiYumi posted:

So, should we expect the cards sometime in late 2017?

Considering you can apply this to a ton of Kickstarters, probably.

sentrygun
Dec 29, 2009

i say~
Yeah, unless she's not mentioning some negative stuff it just sounds like she's been burnt out on the hobby for a while and finally decided to back out instead of forcing herself to continue interacting with it.

sentrygun
Dec 29, 2009

i say~
If you don't like trimming down apps just find some people you already want to play with or, barring that, just take the first X people who post. Apps kind of suck when you're in a spot to hear the people who didn't get into a game complain about it, but it does let you just pick and choose from players and concepts you'd like for the game.

Or when people go completely off the rails you get to realize you did a horrible job setting the tone of the game in the OP. Like me.

sentrygun
Dec 29, 2009

i say~

Kai Tave posted:

Speaking as someone who's apped for more games than I've gotten to play, if you don't get chosen for a game you're excited about don't go around bitching about it, goddamn. Yes, it sucks sometimes, but that's the way it is. Don't be a jerk, be cool and save your ideas for later. There'll be other games.

Eh, I just mean like the collective 'baw i didn't get picked' in an irc channel after a recruit ends or something. Like you feel bad because aw man I'd like to grab all the people I'd like along for the ride especially if all of them app in, but six people is already a stupidly huge game nonetheless like ten+. People actually going apeshit is weird but also has happened in hilarious fashions.

Re: combat, I dropped out of a 4e live game because I realized how much I hate waiting for combat to resolve. Games with long, drawn out combat suck a lot if the fights aren't well designed and difficult because why do I really care about this fight when I just roll to see if I shot someone with my crossbow every like 20 minutes. Of course, most GMs aren't going to be fantastic at making battles (hi it's me) so this probably ends up happening a lot, unfortunately, but this seems like just as much of a problem if not more-so in a PbP environment where fights can be so long you start forgetting what happened a couple turns ago because that was two weeks ago.

sentrygun
Dec 29, 2009

i say~
The roll20 community is just the site's looking for group index which is 99% Pathfinder. Sometimes you might spot something else and 5e's probably popping up now that it's out since last I actually looked at it.

sentrygun
Dec 29, 2009

i say~

Blockhouse posted:

I've heard enough horror stories about pathfinder rules to chase me off but on the other hand the dumb throw-everything-in setting sounds exactly like something I'd like. Should I look into it? Make decisions for me, TG chat.

The horror stories tend to be about the players interacting with the rules. If anything, the problem with Pathfinder (and I guess 3/3.5e probably but I never actually played those) is that you really don't have a lot to do unless you can cast magic, and then you tilt the other way into being able to do far too much unless you're level 1 in which case you also can't do poo poo. Besides that it's just some gamey tabletop game.

Really, it's just kind of a boring game. 4e can be this too if you don't give yourself a lot of interesting things to do, but 4e usually at least tries to give you stuff to do. In Pathfinder I recall playing a rogue who never got to sneak attack because the GM never let me enter combat in a sneaky fashion, so all I ever did was shoot my crossbow every turn and then wait. (to be fair, I also played a low level rogue in 4e who was basically this too!) Maybe it's your cup of tea and that's totally fine if so!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

sentrygun
Dec 29, 2009

i say~
Part of me wonders if I'd have liked 4e more as a DM so that I'd actually be interacting with the game at all times. Hm. That's kind of a weird thought, I usually prefer being a player by far.

• Locked thread