Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
FastestGunAlive
Apr 7, 2010

Dancing palm tree.

Waffleman_ posted:

Manga distributor Seven Seas has opened a tabletop game imprint focusing on TCGs, strategy board games, and miniature games with anime flair. They're going to announce their first game, based on an unknown popular series tomorrow and plan to start releasing games later this year.

Skimming thought this was in regards to Seventh Sea

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FastestGunAlive
Apr 7, 2010

Dancing palm tree.

Megaman's Jockstrap posted:

Sorry to make this my "Personal Reactions to the Adventure Zone" thread, but the following exchange just happened on the pudcast:

Fighter: Alright, I want to leap upon the spider's back!
DM: Hmm, ok, well, he'll take an attack of opportunity against you then.
Fighter: Nevermind...

Bringing back all the hits, baby! Mmmmm

To be fair, the DM was nice to the Fighter earlier and let him one-shot a monster by smart application of an environmental feature.

But it's just killing me, the Fighter player clearly wants to do rad stuff and the DM is just making him roll dice and take penalties to do piddling effects. Meanwhile the Wizard casts a spell, gets what he wants. Painful to listen to.

Just started listening to this podcast, fairly entertaining so far. Good audio quality as well which is a big one for me. Critical Hit also did this adventure recently so I'm interested to see how the groups differ in their approach.

In other podcasts I checked out Six Feats Under to hear their play through of Strike. The quality is meh and there's some background music that distracting but I am definitely going to give it a shot.

FastestGunAlive
Apr 7, 2010

Dancing palm tree.

Len posted:

Has anyone experienced a player being an rear end in a top hat about the 4 hour rest time of elves? (D&D 3.5) We have a player who uses that four hour rest and then crams as much into the day as he can. He calls the DM and talks for hours having essentially a mini-session about what he does during the time the party isn't awake. The DM is getting tired of it and has been trying to come up with a way to essentially say "gently caress you. You have to sleep with the party." But hasn't come up with a way yet.

My googling tells me Pathfinder got rid of that? If that's the case we can probably just add that rule in. The guy is playing a Pathfinder class ("the game is so much better than 3.5 we should play that instead" type of player) so if that's the case he should be okay with losing that ability.

Any ideas?

It shouldn't be a rules issue- the DM should talk to him and explain that he has a life and schedule outside the game so he can't be spending additional time doing these special 1 on 1 sessions. There's a reason this character joined the party in the first place as opposed to going it alone so he should want to wait around for them.

FastestGunAlive
Apr 7, 2010

Dancing palm tree.

bunnielab posted:

Here is an other old guy question; how is the Dragonlance setting viewed today? As a kid we dismissed it as "girl crap" but I kinda remember likening some,of the novels? Especially one that that had some lusty female dwarf merchant as a main character?

I don't think its viewed much at all today. Much like the other old school settings its pretty much forgotten except a few die hards. From time to time I see people in the fantasy books thread go back to the novels for nostalgia's sake but they don't stay long. I only read a few of the novels and never gamed in it but I'd imagine there's some community out there still discussing it, possibly updating/homebrewing with it (I know there is for Ravenloft so I'd imagine the same for the other old settings).

unseenlibrarian posted:

I have a soft spot for Dog-Kobolds from too much Suikoden back in the day.

I need to play this

also, obligatory kobold video-
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2T_yyLmRqFI

FastestGunAlive
Apr 7, 2010

Dancing palm tree.
Has anyone played Shadows of Esteren? I know they have had several very successful kickstarters; I jumped in on one last year to get the setting book. Just recently began reading it and I'm... underwhelmed by the fluff/setting. Splitting your main continent into "Religious Country", "Traditional Country", and "Magic-Science* Country" was not what I was expecting from this setting. There are hints of the wilderness, uncertainty, dark-but-not-grimdark, and slight horror I thought I was getting but the generic stuff is more prevalent. I haven't gotten to the mechanics section yet so I'm curious for others' opinions.

*the term used, "magience", sounds very dumb

FastestGunAlive
Apr 7, 2010

Dancing palm tree.

AlphaDog posted:

The A game is lower.

Punch up not down

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FastestGunAlive
Apr 7, 2010

Dancing palm tree.

Len posted:

To bring up an old topic. Cards Against Humanity is doing a science expansion pack that's set to give scholarships to women. http://www.washingtonpost.com/news/...-women-in-stem/

Please no. The five hundred posts raging last time the game was mentioned was terrible.

• Locked thread