Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
PublicOpinion
Oct 21, 2010

Her style is new but the face is the same as it was so long ago...
Got to try my 13th Age homebrew class, the Elementalist in a session tonight. Didn't outshine the core classes, got to fiat my way out of a skill challenge by spending a resource to declare I set myself on fire, did some decently Leader-ish effects in the fight. Next fight I'm going to try and hoard power and only use the big spells and see how that changes things.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

PublicOpinion
Oct 21, 2010

The best way to make a Monsterhearts video game is obviously to make it a visual novel.

PublicOpinion
Oct 21, 2010

Captain Walker posted:

I spent 30 seconds checking DriveThru and the Funhaver website; where do I buy it? This is the giant monsters fighting each other game, right?

You buy it nowhere... because it's free! http://tinyurl.com/laststandcollection It's bug-armored hero team fighting giant monsters, mostly. I can't remember whether the giant robot rules were a thing that ever happened or not.

PublicOpinion
Oct 21, 2010

Last Stand has characters represented by an armor card and a selection of power cards, each of which granted an ability and a bonus to a few stats. The default character creation method is by card draft, but random draw also works (as does choosing all your cards, or choosing some and getting the rest at random). I'd like to see another game on something like that.

PublicOpinion
Oct 21, 2010

The thing about CAH is that it can be played for free in your browser with almost zero prep and only takes about twenty minutes, plus you barely have to deal with rules which made it ideal for winding down after the main game. I don't care for CAH itself but we never found anything else to fill that niche.

• Locked thread