Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Guilty Spork
Feb 26, 2011

Thunder rolled. It rolled a six.

Megaman's Jockstrap posted:

You know I'm starting to wonder if a lot of hate for 4e comes from a lot more of the page count being given over to being a rule-book with stats and such and not a fantasy Almanac/Travelogue with some occasional easily-ignored statblocks in it. In other words, how many people defending 3.5 don't actually intend to play it and just treat it as fantasy literature?
4e, especially early on, kinda went to the opposite extreme, being hyper-focused on just what's relevant to running a campaign. I liked how some of the later 4e books started developing the setting and general flavor more, but I definitely don't want to bother with another book like the 3rd Edition Forgotten Realms setting, which at times was very much the dry fantasy almanac thing.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Guilty Spork
Feb 26, 2011

Covok posted:

That anime WoD supplement someone posted earlier made me wonder how many bad, fanmade rpgs supplements were made in the 90s based on anime. Kind of doubt any were good.
Even the actual licensed RPGs based on anime in the 90s by and large weren't very good. The major bright spots in anime-based RPGs were pretty much all from R. Talsorian.

Guilty Spork
Feb 26, 2011

Lynx Winters posted:

Don't ever imply that the DBZ RPG is a bright spot for anything, that poo poo's unplayable.
Yeah, no, I was thinking of TFOS and Mekton, and not a whole lot else.

• Locked thread