Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Elfgames
Sep 11, 2011

Fun Shoe
Man if i didn't use my real name on roll 20 i would totaly start a game to do a trip report.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Elfgames
Sep 11, 2011

Fun Shoe

Guilty Spork posted:

4e, especially early on, kinda went to the opposite extreme, being hyper-focused on just what's relevant to running a campaign. I liked how some of the later 4e books started developing the setting and general flavor more, but I definitely don't want to bother with another book like the 3rd Edition Forgotten Realms setting, which at times was very much the dry fantasy almanac thing.

i read both 3.5 and 4e and i felt like i had a way clearer picture of the world of 4e than i ever did of 3.5.

Elfgames fucked around with this message at 06:17 on Mar 11, 2015

Elfgames
Sep 11, 2011

Fun Shoe
Do you consider another D20 game completely different?

Elfgames
Sep 11, 2011

Fun Shoe
But if i wanted to play that why wouldn't i start a game as the lord and you know probably play a system that was designed to support that playstyle much better.

Honestly i think the biggest problem with games often enough is trying to cram 30 odd levels into a game and trying to make players play for years to reach the "end".

Elfgames
Sep 11, 2011

Fun Shoe
Well of course you cant see the fire it's head isn't here right now but oh just trust me it shoots fire like a volcano.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Elfgames
Sep 11, 2011

Fun Shoe

Ronwayne posted:

Is Plutonis the guy with the topknot and katana? Or am I thinking of something Kevin Sorbo was in?

I don't think he's The guy with tthe topknot and katana but i have it on good authority that he owns both of those things.

• Locked thread