Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
xiw
Sep 25, 2011

i wake up at night
night action madness nightmares
maybe i am scum

Cpig Haiku contest 2020 winner
I am going to continue to run 13th Age, and continue to poke my Sunday group of ex-roleplaying-boardgamers into running something. Jerks.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

xiw
Sep 25, 2011

i wake up at night
maybe i am scum

Fyxt is such an incredible shame because man, in 2015, presenting a new RPG as a website with online tools and support material and game database stuff seems like a no brainer.

It's just that the material this is used on is so randomly regressive. You have on the same page:

* advice to skip xp and just level people when you feel it's right - nice!
* wealth and gear by level table, and advice on how to cut people down if they have more than the 60,000 they're allowed at level 6 - ... what?

xiw
Sep 25, 2011

i wake up at night
maybe i am scum

Ettin posted:

Take it to the industry thread, please!

Somebody fucked around with this message at 09:58 on Mar 18, 2015

xiw
Sep 25, 2011

i wake up at night
maybe i am scum

Yeah they're called Grand Strategies in NZ, there are a few people regularly running them. A really nice hybrid between boardgames and larps.

xiw
Sep 25, 2011

i wake up at night
maybe i am scum

Some games that have been run here - they generally involve a large map, some boardgame-style rules, and roleplaying and diplomacy layered on top.

* Fortress America - a land invasion of the US
* several iterations of Decline and Fall of the Galactic Empire
* one based on Aye Dark Overlord
* a computer-moderated space mining / trading / war game
* WWII blitzkreig warfare on a colony planet
* post-Lovecraftian-apolcalypse survival

I ran a Tau Ceti colonisation game for 30 quite a while back based on elements of matrix games (http://www.wargamedevelopments.org/matrix.htm) and combat based on infomation war - it ended up way more peaceful than I was expecting sadly.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

xiw
Sep 25, 2011

i wake up at night
maybe i am scum

They're groggy in that you tend to be pushing cardboard units around maps, but not as far as rules go, because the rules are generally one-off rulesets with a team of GMs managing most of it, so there isn't much rules lawyering to be done.

• Locked thread