Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
unseenlibrarian
Jun 4, 2012

There's only one thing in the mountains that leaves a track like this. The creature of legend that roams the Timberline. My people named him Sasquatch. You call him... Bigfoot.

NGDBSS posted:

Now you're just being disingenuous.

On topic, my weekly group just started Iron Kingdoms, and the players decided that they wanted to participate in a resistance movement. (Helpfully there already exists a place in the setting for this.) Considering the dour history of resistance movements this was just a bit surprising, but after reading up on things like the French Resistance during WW2 I should have some direction in which to take things.

The Llael resistance is a weird story space, since yeah it's a little bit "What if the French Resistance and the French Revolution happened at the same time." So you've got grim stories of fighting off foreign occupiers and dashing vigilantes who play the part of collaborators by day but rescue nobles and smuggle them to the resistance by night." So you've got to really make sure everyone's on board with what tone's being aimed for.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

unseenlibrarian
Jun 4, 2012

There's only one thing in the mountains that leaves a track like this. The creature of legend that roams the Timberline. My people named him Sasquatch. You call him... Bigfoot.
Star Wars d20 and the games directly based on D&D were both made by licenses directly from WOTC who created 3.x and Star Wars d20, as opposed to 3rd party companies. The OGL specifically doesn't include electronic stuff, and since it's based on the D&D rules, may get covered under any existing D&D video game license. Since Paizo's entire business is based on leveraging the OGL, they're probably playing it safe.

unseenlibrarian
Jun 4, 2012

It's still ongoing. It's from the same team as the Wasteland 2 people- and just had the release date changed to "Late 2015", looks like.

unseenlibrarian
Jun 4, 2012

Make an elf or giant spellcaster to cast it for extra self-flagellation.

unseenlibrarian
Jun 4, 2012

I think it's mostly that it already has the river for manipulating #s of successes by letting you save sets from one roll and add them to a later roll, so adding extra gimmicks might have led to a lot of hemming over how to manipulate the result best, when there's a lot of that already once you start playing with waves and marvels and what have you.

unseenlibrarian fucked around with this message at 06:11 on Mar 14, 2015

unseenlibrarian
Jun 4, 2012

I have a soft spot for Dog-Kobolds from too much Suikoden back in the day.

unseenlibrarian
Jun 4, 2012

...I don't know, but now I want a Fiasco Planescape Factions playset.

unseenlibrarian
Jun 4, 2012

Isn't the harm clock mean to be a call back to the Doomsday clock?

unseenlibrarian
Jun 4, 2012

Ratpick posted:

Actually, the Jason Morningstar connection made me think: how about a Fiasco game centered on a road trip? I'm sure there has to be a playset that fits the bill for a game like that.

Yep!

http://postworldgames.com/2011/08/18/fiasco-playset-roadtrip/

unseenlibrarian
Jun 4, 2012

Changeling: The Lost with a focus on the talespinning stuff has enough Princess Tutu in the DNA that I think I'm going to make it required viewing next time.

(Talespinning characters who don't just have limited access from some "I am a story archetype" merit go full Drosselmeyer very quickly.)

unseenlibrarian
Jun 4, 2012

...I keep reading CAH as "Cartoon Action Hour" which makes the last several posts really confusing.

unseenlibrarian
Jun 4, 2012

I'm pretty sure all the Champions conversions were just the work of this one very...productive dude, because I at least never saw one that didn't have his name appended.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

unseenlibrarian
Jun 4, 2012

Honestly if I were to go insane and want to do Naruto-based gaming I'd probably use Wu-xing: The ninja crusade, because man, it's right there and is at least slightly better than D20 anything.

• Locked thread