Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Melusine
Sep 5, 2013

My group rotates our GM (and thus our game) monthly, so I'm out of the GM chair and a player again.

Last month I was running Changeling in the 1920s using A Dirty World (because why not right?), this month the GM is starting up a game of Adeptus Evangelion. I know absolutely nothing about Eva beyond it has giant robots fighting aliens (and that the ending was weird), so this should hopefully be an interesting experience at the very least.

Melusine fucked around with this message at 14:31 on Mar 2, 2015

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Melusine
Sep 5, 2013

Bendigeidfran posted:

It could go a lot of ways. Is your GM more of a psychological drama person or a big fighting robots person? Because with Eva it can go either way, and in my experience people tend to latch onto one aspect or the other.

My GM pitched the game as spending half our time on character drama between the pilots and their lives as dysfunctional teenagers, and the other half on giant robot battles. So I guess he's aiming to cover both aspects.

AmiYumi posted:

And if your GM is like anyone I've ever seen run Adeptus Evangelion (including myself, in actual tabletop play, which I understand is just not done?), you should expect something more akin to Godzilla: Final Wars meets Pacific Rim.

I'm pretty sure I could cope with a game like that.

Would you mind elaborating on the bit about actual tabletop play though? The game is going to be in person, so is there something we should watch out for? Or did you mean it's just a bit maths heavy?

• Locked thread