Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Bendigeidfran
Dec 17, 2013

Wait a minute...
It could go a lot of ways. Is your GM more of a psychological drama person or a big fighting robots person? Because with Eva it can go either way, and in my experience people tend to latch onto one aspect or the other.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bendigeidfran
Dec 17, 2013

Wait a minute...

Davin Valkri posted:

Speaking of war-fighting, I've been wondering how to represent enemies in physical conflict in games, and I'm wondering if part of the problem of absurdly long fights is that most such combat heavy games like to stat out the opposition as individuals. Like, that old classic about "40 Kobolds in playtesting of D&D 5e" is an obvious example. 40 individual enemies is obviously way too many for a person to handle without computer assistance. But if you statted it out as "Kobold Platoon Command", "Kobold Section A, B, C," and "Kobold Magic and Effects Squad", that seems a lot easier to visualize and manage. D&D started out as a wargame, why not use those roots to make things simpler? They already do it with horde enemies; standardize it to apply to any enemy, or at least smaller ones.

If we're considering wargame-hybrid things you could try a "morale" system to deal with larger numbers. Like compared to the average trash enemy a party of PCs is like a tank platoon: you could swarm them with raw numbers, but you have to be extremely brave and it's probably not going to work. But if they have the motivation and an effective commander they can actually do things that could affect you. Take out enough leaders and the rest will just run away.

And...now I'm imagining a bunch of Kobold Commandos standing in a human-suit, buying up all the whiskey in town to make Molotov Cocktails. Monsters can do some interesting stuff if they work together.

Bendigeidfran fucked around with this message at 23:05 on Mar 3, 2015

Bendigeidfran
Dec 17, 2013

Wait a minute...

NinjaDebugger posted:

http://www.maison-otaku.net/~rhea/senshi.html

Includes rules for Sailor Moon, Rayearth, Kimagure Orange Road, Miracle Girls, Wedding Peach, Creamy Mami, Fancy Lala, Saint Tail, Minky Momo, Card Captor Sakura, and Maho Tsukai Tai.

On the other hand, it's WoD.

Haha this is brilliant. Their playbook page for Magical Knights also has a ~mysterious~ Utena clone and ASUKA LANGLEY, THE RED KNIGHT OF CELEPHAÏS.

Effectronica posted:

Yeah, that's what I was vaguely referring to. Still doesn't really allow you to play Sally/Sabrina the Witch or Mary Marvel, or freaking Cutie Honey.

You could probably hack together "cuts people with swords" and that transformation pen thing to play Cutey Honey if you really wanted to.

Bendigeidfran
Dec 17, 2013

Wait a minute...
What do you mean "folklore creatures"? These are honest threats to God's Crusaders you're talking about. For shame.

• Locked thread