Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Chuckle
Feb 9, 2013

vulturesrow posted:

Having to wear NWUs on the regular now really blows.

Making the change over from the flight suit?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Chuckle
Feb 9, 2013

Nwabudike Morgan posted:

how the heck do i access my navy email from home?
i got my cac reader and etc

NMCI or ONE-NET?

Chuckle
Feb 9, 2013
i usually used either one of the following depending on the coast you're on

Navy East https://webmail.east.nmci.navy.mil
Navy West https://webmail.west.nmci.navy.mil

select your email certificate when using this, and make sure you're using IE for this, as much as it pains me to say so, sometimes chrome is hit and miss with the certificates for cac enabled websites.

Chuckle
Feb 9, 2013

maffew buildings posted:

What black magic is needed to access NKO pr NSIPS from home, I am on a PC with a CAC reader.

Yesterday I went to a warehouse on Gulfport and found DARE pencil case holders from 1990. Learned a lot

Pretty sure to be able to access those you need to be on a .mil domain. Not 100% sure on that, and looking it up while at home... :effort:

Chuckle
Feb 9, 2013

Pandasmores posted:

The gently caress is sel?

Selected

Chuckle
Feb 9, 2013
My personal favorites are the ones that request a title change in outlook/exchange to reflect their (SEL) status. Pure amusement there.

Chuckle
Feb 9, 2013

vulturesrow posted:

You've actually witnessed that? That is beyond doucebaggery somewhere into the realm of pathetic.

I get it every time here at the Airwing especially on the boat. Mostly CPO selects, only one officer so far, but he was shamed endlessly for it.

Chuckle
Feb 9, 2013

CMD598 posted:

So I'm reading this thread from the boat and before I logged in all the ads were getting a big govt cockblock.

Also, made 3rd.:toot: (gently caress starting at E1)

Here's a guy that's stuck on the same prison barge as me, also grats on making it.

Chuckle
Feb 9, 2013

CMD598 posted:

I liked the part where they went and called the entire boat and airwing's advancing personnel out. :v:

It made for a great time to smoke, but then is there a bad time?

Chuckle
Feb 9, 2013

Octopode posted:

New PFA rules starting in cycle 1 of next year it looks like, but current fatties get another shot:

http://www.navytimes.com/story/military/careers/navy/2015/07/30/new-fitness-standards-easier-girth-focus-health/30849729/

The next few pages should be entertaining, thanks for this. :munch:

Chuckle
Feb 9, 2013

Godholio posted:

I guess I should start reading this thread now.

Monday I start work at Fallon as a dirty contractor. Anybody there now?

I'm here for the next month or so babysitting pilots.

Chuckle
Feb 9, 2013

Geizkragen posted:

A bartender in town for air wing?

Unfortunately no, attached to the current air wing, one of their printer jockeys

Chuckle
Feb 9, 2013

Geizkragen posted:

Slanted Porch. Amazing sandwiches and salads.

That place is great, there's a Vietnamese restaurant (vinh pho I believe) that is pretty good, the wok is a good Chinese place with a great egg drop soup. There's also the Waterhole, has $1 tacos on Monday, and decent burritos.

Chuckle
Feb 9, 2013

CMD598 posted:

CVW5 mid cruise Fallon det?

That's the one, all month long.

Chuckle
Feb 9, 2013

Godholio posted:

If you're an LNO or something like that we may cross paths. I'll be the guy who's loving worthless because I haven't learned my job yet or even gotten approved for computer access.

I've driven past VN Pho a few times...it's on my list to try. Good suggestions. Mongolian at the o-club is actually pretty good.

As an enlisted I will never be allowed to grace the O-Club and am stuck with the flightline grill/bar or subway

Chuckle
Feb 9, 2013

CMD598 posted:

I'm doing that one too, but my flight out of NI hasn't left yet so I'm just hungover/chillin in San Diego.

I was lucky enough to get flown off the boat early to attempt to get things setup ahead of time. and I stand corrected on the O-Club, but I will definitely avoid it, I see enough of our officers on a day to day basis.

Chuckle
Feb 9, 2013

CMD598 posted:

I'm going to be giving certain people weird looks now...

Your command doesn't have a Q in it anywhere does it?

I'm one of the IT's attached to CAG from 77

Chuckle
Feb 9, 2013

vulturesrow posted:

Mean Genes was a burger place inside the E-club.

Wait, you're stationed in Fallon now too?

Anyhow, I may be coming down there sometime in near-to-medium future to sit in on some classes at Havok. There should be a goon meet, we could all go LARPing or something.

Mean Genes is gone. They've got a starbucks and mini restaurant on one side, bar on the other. and apparantly a live band tomorrow (gently caress that going to reno)

Chuckle
Feb 9, 2013

Anita Dickinme posted:

Now I'm going to the Reagan. :woop:

sorry to hear that

Chuckle
Feb 9, 2013

Anita Dickinme posted:

Is there someone ITT aboard the Reagan/in Japan that wouldn't mind telling me about life and stuff? I'm full of dumb questions.

Currently on the reagan, but not ship's company thankfully, ask away.

Chuckle
Feb 9, 2013

CMD598 posted:

By the time Ford is fully operational I expect berthings to look exactly the same, as in I expect zero improvements.

In other news there were apparently too many AMs signed up in 2013, so anybody know how life as an IT is?

Yes, pretty sure we're both in the same airwing, hit me up on the boat and i'll answer whatever questions you have

Chuckle
Feb 9, 2013

CMD598 posted:

I was gonna ask our guys, but my smoke breaks have been a lot less frequent lately (what with actually flying) so I haven't seen them much lately.

yeah, just swing by our shop, ask for the LPO and i'll answer any questions

Chuckle
Feb 9, 2013

maffew buildings posted:

Well have our don't rape training tomorrow. 7th Fleet is the coolest

Just out of curiousity, who are you with out here in Atsugi?

Chuckle
Feb 9, 2013

hogmartin posted:

Show of hands, who's actually still in the loving Navy vs. who's just here because they got out a decade ago and sometimes miss talking Navy to people who who know wtf they're talking about.

What's up with people coming in the building through the door on their left, amirite? :PO2 Seinfeld:

IT1 with 10 in, just re-enlisted for 6, i think i may need help. Currently in japan with the airwing (if you're an IT, stay the gently caress away from this airwing.)

As for things to do in japan, just look at the train map, pick a station at random, go to it and go for a walk around. Go find a random restaurant to check out, see the sights and enjoy it. It's the way i've had the most fun with seeing things around here.

Chuckle
Feb 9, 2013

Tokyo Sexwhale posted:

Which squadron? I'm on the other side of the flight line bro

Chuckle
Feb 9, 2013
http://www.japantoday.com/category/crime/view/u-s-serviceman-arrested-for-drunk-driving-in-okinawa

More excellent decisions coming out of Okinawa. loving idiot.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Chuckle
Feb 9, 2013

CMD598 posted:

You mean you'll just disable my account and keep losing the Saar form, the cyberawareness cert and then the emails containing them.

Edit: Hey rates are back tomorrow!

You forgot about kicking it back three times for the most minor of poo poo that ONE-NET needs.

• Locked thread