Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
poopkitty
Oct 16, 2013

WE ARE ALL ONE

krispykremessuck posted:

he's so old he got hemorrhoid surgery in bootcamp instead of getting his wisdom teeth pulled

next month's thread title.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

poopkitty
Oct 16, 2013

WE ARE ALL ONE

Pandasmores posted:

Better with being up front with who is doing what, leadership is more than just telling people what to do such as delegating workload around so that the team remains balanced and you gain trust in the people around you to do whatever they're assigned. If they don't know how to do and you have a body to spare, have them teach the fucker. If fucker is an idiot, then don't just let him loaf around and do something about it, bring in 3rd or 2nd or 1st classes to teach him something if there's some issue with them doing it, Chief being the last guy that needs to be bothered with it because his coffee might get cold.

Really, we should all just ask Panda our leadership questions. On the nose as always. :chiefsay:

poopkitty
Oct 16, 2013

WE ARE ALL ONE

bengy81 posted:

IRREGARDLESS of your feelings Petty Officer, it would BEHOOVE you to UNFUCK your ATTITUDE before I have to put my size 10 boot up your rear end. :chiefsay:

You have potential, Shipmate.

poopkitty
Oct 16, 2013

WE ARE ALL ONE

"personing the rails"

poopkitty
Oct 16, 2013

WE ARE ALL ONE

nacirema posted:

I got orders to Okinawa naval hospital as a scrub, woo! Anone know what to expect from the island or surrounding islands?

Curfews and rain.

poopkitty
Oct 16, 2013

WE ARE ALL ONE

LingcodKilla posted:

What if you really like dick?

I'm asking for a friend.

In that case be a female corpsman. Ours on USS Oneofmyships was charging for late night medical visits.

poopkitty
Oct 16, 2013

WE ARE ALL ONE

Nwabudike Morgan posted:

i should just get adsepped

Yes.

poopkitty
Oct 16, 2013

WE ARE ALL ONE

buttplug posted:

What are you freaking out about? It's a frocked E5 eval after only 2.5 years in. Yes, it is going to look like "bottom of the barrel" that's literally how the system works, even if you're the biggest cock on the block. You 6 are literally the most junior E5s at the command, of course you're going to get bare minimum Ps.

The name of the game isn't about getting straight perfect marks across the board, it's about upward-trending. You will undoubtedly continue to trend upward in your new rank, but it would do you a disservice to be frocked and rate an MP/EP and then have to demonstrate progress from that point. Trust me, a P/3.0 on a frocked eval is a GOOD position to be in.

Whoa whoa whoa. That's enough of your "logic," Mr. ButtPlug. You leave that poo poo at the door when you come here.

poopkitty
Oct 16, 2013

WE ARE ALL ONE

buttplug posted:

Did she get busted, or is this just something that the females aboard ship "know"?

Both. We knew, and she was lending out the key for other trysts. She lent the key one night to a BM3, supposedly for a date night. Turns out BM3 had been dating HMC and just wanted to wreck his stuff. That was a fun deployment. She was a fat homely girl, too. (HM3. BM3 was loving hot. She's married to an SO1 now.)

poopkitty
Oct 16, 2013

WE ARE ALL ONE

buttplug posted:

Hot-hot or boat hot? :smug:

She was "i used to be a model" hot. Actually hot. Pinup hot. Cute face, big tits, fat rear end. But she knew it and oh my god was she a bitch. No use for that.

poopkitty
Oct 16, 2013

WE ARE ALL ONE

Laranzu posted:

Friend of mine met a former BM3 in a strip joint in San Diego. He was broke so I had to cover the lap dance he demanded. I'm imagining she took her boat business legit and it is the same person

Pretty sure she never stripped. Do you know her name? (like actual name?)

poopkitty
Oct 16, 2013

WE ARE ALL ONE

Panda's growing up and getting logic! J/K, but YES. This. You are a body and a number.

poopkitty
Oct 16, 2013

WE ARE ALL ONE

Dingleberry posted:

So when it's okay to be a lady-boy or a boy-lady in the Nav can a male say his hair identifies gender-wise as a female and thusly be permitted to grow it long?

God I hope not. Then someone will try and hold me accountable for my high fade that I don't cut very often. Or make me go to the salon instead of the barber (where they look at me like I'm crazy because I have boobs) and I'll have to pay literally 3x as much for the same haircut.

poopkitty
Oct 16, 2013

WE ARE ALL ONE

Angry Fish posted:

realized just how bad a deal that Survivor Benefit Plan turns out to be. I should have just purchased a large $1mil term life plan for the same amount of money.

And when you turn it down they counsel the poo poo out of you. My husband is retiring next month and I have a year left. SBP made NO sense for us. We BOTH had to go get counseled by a PSC with less time than us and a non-working green card holding spouse. We just sat through it, said "thanks, we're good" and walked out with our signature. Stupid.

poopkitty
Oct 16, 2013

WE ARE ALL ONE

PneumonicBook posted:

I be never actually looked at it because I've never thought to I guess. Whys it terrible?

It's a considerable amount of money lost. It's a percentage, so YMMV, but basically you're giving the Government a cut of your retirement money on the off chance that you die before your spouse. Then your spouse will get 50% of your retirement for the rest of HIS/HER life. If you retire at 40, and live until 70? Terrible deal. But the military requires that your spouse sign the form acknowledging that they understand that you are turning down SBP.

poopkitty
Oct 16, 2013

WE ARE ALL ONE

krispykremessuck posted:

I don't think this is much of a concern for most

I would wager that 95% of the folks who wish to opt-out of SBP are dual-working or dual mil couples. VERY few folks with stay at home spouses will be opting out. It is MUCH harder to opt out than it should be, and it's blatant robbery. It's offensive.

poopkitty
Oct 16, 2013

WE ARE ALL ONE
LOL. Being that I am a Female and also a Chief, :chiefsay: I am in a few groups on FB with other female CPOs. I have one of those women blocked so I don't have to see her offensive, immature prattle. Good to see that the Mess is representing as always.

Also, 420 days.

poopkitty
Oct 16, 2013

WE ARE ALL ONE

Arione posted:

I really doubt MCPON gives a gently caress about some dipshit cheifs, If you've read the times he already knows 1/2 of em are a worthless pack of wannabe frat boys who shout things like tradition and deckplate leadership, whilst knowing the definition of neither. :chiefsay:

Truuuueeeeeee. If you spot one wearing NAVY CHIEF clothing outside of work, chances are good that they are part of this frat. See also: stickers of goats wearing CPO hats on trucks.

MCPON pretty much just cares about MCPON.

poopkitty
Oct 16, 2013

WE ARE ALL ONE

orange juche posted:

holy poo poo it's like people who get poached out of active duty into a gs job carry their dumb gay bullshit with them

Oh my god so much. The last two days have been spent listening to old Navy now GS dudes who retired at HYT bitching about the new Navy and how we suck at it.

quote:

one other small thing I disagree with above is just because a guy is technically sound in his field does not mean he has the ability to lead/manage a work center. I've seen people who excel at their job but suck at leading.

It seems like the folks advancing to E-7 lately are folks who are good at neither. They're really good at hanging out in the CPO mess and the Bar wearing NAVY CHIEF PRIDE HOOYAH poo poo and backstabbing and breaking rules while hammering young people who are better educated than them for stupid poo poo like curfew violations. So many poo poo CPOs on the waterfront who don't know a thing about PMS or their gear or leading a division.

poopkitty
Oct 16, 2013

WE ARE ALL ONE

Mr. Nice! posted:

They are. They get a special uniform allowance for all their poo poo.

Edit:

FY-2015 Navy Special Initial Clothing Allowance
Special Reason Male Female
Advancement to CPO $1,096.21 $927.50
Selection to OCS, ECP, or Seaman to Admiral Program $1,872.57 $2,002.47

For the new officers that's the last uniform allowance they'll ever get. The Chiefs still get their annual allowance as well.

Not only do we get a uniform allowance, but the NEX gives new CPOs an INTEREST FREE loan until your uniform allowance comes in. Them shits is free. And if you're not a dumbass you can make some coin.

poopkitty
Oct 16, 2013

WE ARE ALL ONE

Fart Sandwiches posted:

So those fundraisers? A scam? I do believe now the integrity of the CHIEF PETTY OFFICER has been besmirched good madam

If you thought the fundraisers went to uniforms you were sadly mistaken.

poopkitty
Oct 16, 2013

WE ARE ALL ONE

Howard Phillips posted:

but what about ma girl howard?

I puked in my mouth a little.

poopkitty
Oct 16, 2013

WE ARE ALL ONE

Grody posted:

Anyone ever been stationed in lemoore? is it as bad as it looks?

I just had a friend get humanitarian xferred out of Lemoore because her kid kept getting lung infections from the air quality.

poopkitty
Oct 16, 2013

WE ARE ALL ONE

vulturesrow posted:

That was our resident former JAG I believe.

She doesn't have a weenie, though. Bet she's touched some.

poopkitty
Oct 16, 2013

WE ARE ALL ONE

Howard Phillips posted:

Dunno if you've seen the "4 Reasons I Am Resigning My Commission As A Naval Officer" article that's been making the rounds. http://taskandpurpose.com/4-reasons-i-am-resigning-my-commission-as-a-naval-officer/

The online response by senior (meaning mostly terminal O4s and O5s) has been "How dare she complain and criticize without recommending solutions! Priviliged millennial!" Which speaks volumes for itself. The fact that the institution doesn't tolerate any criticism or legitimate complaint basically dooms itself to continue to make the same mistakes over and over again.

I have seen some seriously cringe-worthy responses to this article that amount to "BooHoo, get your rear end in the kitchen and leave this to the menfolk." On official Navy websites. It's sad.

poopkitty fucked around with this message at 02:06 on Apr 26, 2015

poopkitty
Oct 16, 2013

WE ARE ALL ONE
Hmm. I'm headed to Sas in May for assessments on a sweep. I'm a girl, so if you see me, Hi.

poopkitty
Oct 16, 2013

WE ARE ALL ONE
I hate the "new navy spouse" posts on FaceBook most of the time, but this is gold.

quote:

Hi everyone - I've posted here a couple of times and folks have been helpful. I have a sensitive question and really no way to find an answer and hope someone can help.

I found out Friday that my husband, before he went to basic got very drunk and committed assault and destroyed well over 1,000.00 in property. He went to Basic on the 21st.

The people that this happened to, at their home, showed up and our house Friday with video of the incident. Initially I think they were in shock, but now they are madder than hell.

I guess my question is, what happens if they go to the Police Station, and it sounds like they will, and a felony warrant gets issued? Is the Navy going to kick him out or try to help him? Will they let him go to court, does he have to appear?

Needless to say I have been up worrying about this and have no idea what happens next. If anyone has some insight into how the Navy handles this I would appreciate it.

poopkitty
Oct 16, 2013

WE ARE ALL ONE

Sir Lucius posted:

drat, that'd be a really good question for ActusRhesus but he's on probation. So are you subject to UCMJ for poo poo you do before you swear in but charged with after you swear in?

I actually have her email - she was helping me with some (still unresolved) legal poo poo.

This saga is getting worse, anyway, and it looks like RTC may be called about it.

poopkitty
Oct 16, 2013

WE ARE ALL ONE

Sir Lucius posted:

VADM Tighe is the first women to command a numbered fleet (10th).

Woman. Unless she is super fat, and then perhaps she is plural.

poopkitty
Oct 16, 2013

WE ARE ALL ONE
Welcome back, Mr. Sarkazm. How's the beard?

poopkitty
Oct 16, 2013

WE ARE ALL ONE

Sir Lucius posted:

It brought me no sense of accomplishment, and the only reason I did it is so my chain wouldn't get pissed off at me.

This is my career TBH.

poopkitty
Oct 16, 2013

WE ARE ALL ONE
This allllllmost makes me what to stick around to see it all go down.

poopkitty
Oct 16, 2013

WE ARE ALL ONE

LingcodKilla posted:

That is not the case in the Fleet. So we
will open a CAC-accessed 24-hour a day, 7-day a week gym on every Navy base worldwide

I really hope this at least makes it.

Ours is just open 24/7 and it's pretty awesome. I do kind of wish they'd CAC-access it so the dependent CrossFit Nazis would go use the other gym instead of the one with FLEET in the name. I need to work out, Karen, get yo' poo poo offa my treadmill!

poopkitty
Oct 16, 2013

WE ARE ALL ONE
gently caress this Sasebo weather. But hell's yeah bicycle rental. We need bike rentals in Yoko. Maybe it won't be awful tomorrow.

poopkitty
Oct 16, 2013

WE ARE ALL ONE

DuoGodOfDeath posted:

It's Sasebo, it rains nearly every day and its barely hot just wait around July/August.

I will not be here that long, thank goodness. Just til next Friday - going home sooner if I can, but the ship has 3 other things to do besides our assessment. Of course. Today was nice.

Where do I line up to get my 3 day weekend brief?

poopkitty
Oct 16, 2013

WE ARE ALL ONE

Arione posted:

i bet the tug pilot is Japanese

Same.

poopkitty
Oct 16, 2013

WE ARE ALL ONE

Nostalgia4Dicks posted:

Great you said chief and alerted poopkitty

Poopkitty is out of fucks and is waiting for the XO to return so I can submit my papers for retirement (that they refused to take last time, despite the fact that it's not a request.)

Sus Whitman is a tool. Also, fact, most Female Master Chiefs are black or Lesbian. I am neither (although I have short hair, so folks think I am gay but nooope.) :chiefsay:

poopkitty
Oct 16, 2013

WE ARE ALL ONE

Nwabudike Morgan posted:

Dog Zebra is dope fire and if you disagree you are poopy

Welp. Guess I disagree.

poopkitty
Oct 16, 2013

WE ARE ALL ONE
The director of fleet maintenance is a reservist. Which I think is odd, but she seems cool, so whatevs.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

poopkitty
Oct 16, 2013

WE ARE ALL ONE

Cerekk posted:

We had four women serve on my submarine while I was on it. Three of them were highly competent and an asset to the ship. A 3:1 ratio of useful:fucktard is about the same as it is for the male officers.

It was kind of annoying having to wait to use the shower sometimes. They also got staterooms regardless of seniority which is kind of bullshit from the viewpoint of the male officers. Also they really put the wardroom at a disadvantage for the Chiefs vs. Officers softball game.

Also some people went overboard with political correctness/walking on eggshells. This tapered off somewhat over time. (we were all-male for the first half of my tour)

There is some definite favoritism for the female submariners w/r/t things like detailing, JOOY consideration, etc. They tend to get easier checkouts from the enlisted guys too.

All of the problems I have with it are cases of "special treatment" rather than "equality". These will probably become less commonplace as female submariners become the norm instead of new and special.

Overall it worked well enough. Integrating female enlisted is going to be a lot more expensive and a lot more of a pain in the rear end though. (that's coming next year FYI)

Same poo poo happened when we went on combatants in the late 90's. It was SUPER awkward at first and all the not ugly chicks did gently caress all and took forever to get qualed and suddenly had all of their signatures at the last minute, because guys had no idea how to treat us. Also we got hit on a ton, and inappropriate touching and language was more common then, but it was a different atmosphere altogether. It'll be fine.

• Locked thread