Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Rhymenoserous
May 23, 2008

Pesticide20 posted:

again: this counselor is a shining example of what not to do and furthers my belief that "guidance counselors" and the like are some of the dumbest people out there with a job that exists simply to exist

Guidance Counselors/Human Resources are just upward career paths for secretaries. Think on that while making any assumptions you need to whenever one of them opens their flap about career growth or what the gently caress ever.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rhymenoserous
May 23, 2008

Soulex posted:

I love those people because they always get flabbergasted when you laugh at them in their face

I was never in the military (I use these threads to justify my decision to not contract) but I was a contractor and that environment is ate up with incompetent retired SNCO's who think it's fine to talk to normal people like they are privates. And yeah nothing is more fun than having a good yuck in their face when they do it. Especially when they aren't even in my department.

There are no "Ranks" in the real world, just titles and authority doesn't really cross departments.

Fake Edit: The exception being one company I was in where the owner was some fuckhead passed over for promotion twice O3 who was ate up with moto stupidity and decided he was going to try and structure everything like the Army. It worked ok for the first couple of years when he was only hiring soldiers, but when that hiring pool dwindled and the soldiers saw civilians literally going "Lol gently caress this" it created basically a cascade of people realizing there were no PCS dates in the civilian world.

I liked the bit where they tried to intimidate me into not quitting most of all.

• Locked thread