Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Cole
Nov 24, 2004

DUNSON'D
this thread sucks

the army sucks

i'm out

one day you all will be too

unless we go back to iraq and you die

godspeed.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cole
Nov 24, 2004

DUNSON'D

psydude posted:

ACAP was terrible because I already had a job but still had to sit through their lovely lectures and fill out their lovely workbook.

you can actually sign a waiver to not do acap :ssh:

Cole
Nov 24, 2004

DUNSON'D

Pesticide20 posted:

We have a sign-in sheet in the morning and afternoon each day. I have appointments most afternoons for physical therapy. They're telling people that we can't miss more then an hour the entire week. I gives no fucks about that. There's no way I can come to a week long class without having three appointments during that week.

The scheduled my ACAP for the week before I was supposed to go on terminal leave. I went to the ACAP counselor and said I didn't want to do it because you had to clear ACAP before you could clear other things, which means I would have had to stay a few days after terminal started. They just signed a piece of paper and sent me on my way.

Cole
Nov 24, 2004

DUNSON'D
UTI means urinary tract infection and I won't hear different

Cole
Nov 24, 2004

DUNSON'D

psydude posted:

Can't wait for a MASCAL to occur when a rocket hits a bunch of people marching in formation and, instead of removing that retarded policy, the post requires everyone to be in full kit while marching in formation.

And then when it happens again, they will require everyone to be in full kit while marching in formation with a PT belt.

Cole
Nov 24, 2004

DUNSON'D

Suntan Boy posted:

If I ever accidentally nail some rear end in a top hat running in the loving dark poor bastard with my car, the very first thing I'm doing is throwing their pt belt into the bushes.

this is the mil version of "sprinkle some crack on 'em"

Cole
Nov 24, 2004

DUNSON'D

Pesticide20 posted:

My plan is to get enough credits from a community college in order to transfer into a four year school, since my GPA is hosed from my first attempt at college. From there it's an accounting degree and internship, then either work on a Master's degree of get a job.

But to get there I've got to not kill myself/my leadership before I get out, which according to my physical therapist I need to see my orthopedic surgeon and have him start a med board for me. I'll probably write up a long effort post tomorrow and either post it here or the QP thread.

Call the community college you're looking to go to. See if they accept tuition assistance for distance learning (they probably do; they'll take money however they can get it). Knock out your two year degree before you even get out of the military.

Cole
Nov 24, 2004

DUNSON'D

LeoMarr posted:

I have a friend who got hit with a stolen valor claim. He let the dude talk poo poo for a good 5 minutes until he wheeled himself backwards and the dude realized his lower body was lacking two legs. Honestly that poo poo is so stupid, why do people go Stolen valor hunting, is it really that special to yell at a dude wearing a hosed up uniform and make a gigantic scene?

youtube hits bro

should have reverse stolen valored him and videoed his reaction upon seeing him with no legs.

Cole
Nov 24, 2004

DUNSON'D
I spent 18 months in a WTU. I wore my uniform for a half hour a day and did nothing but play PlayStation. I never got put on a single detail.

Cole
Nov 24, 2004

DUNSON'D
well you answered him so apparently it's this one

Cole
Nov 24, 2004

DUNSON'D
Fort Meade, FL just authorized the sale of alcohol in the city.

The circle of life.

Cole
Nov 24, 2004

DUNSON'D

EVA BRAUN BLOWJOBS posted:

It would be kinda cool to train for stuff like sabotaging rail lines and blowing up bridges even though you'll never use it.

training provided by the army tho

Cole
Nov 24, 2004

DUNSON'D
Ugh, retards. If you're going to have a racial day you make it every day, that way nothing seems out of the ordinary.

The platoon I went to Afghanistan with had some of the most blatantly racist people I've ever met in it. friend of the family this, spic that, kike, whatever. Nobody gave a poo poo though. It was racial harmony.

E: We had a few black dudes and a large population of spanish people. If we can all get along even though like 50% of the people were racist as gently caress, why can't everyone else?

Cole
Nov 24, 2004

DUNSON'D
Isn't there some kind of regulation that says you get 24 months in garrison before you deploy again?

A friend of mine just got to Hawaii and his unit is set to deploy to some wacky places like Indonesia, and he just got back from Afghanistan in like... November. Apparently they are that unit that is on worldwide call or some bullshit. I don't know how that works.

Cole
Nov 24, 2004

DUNSON'D

psydude posted:

He can't stay on the rear det?

I'm not sure, I was just wondering if there is some regulation somewhere that he can use to back him up instead of basically just going in and pissing on his feet.

Cole
Nov 24, 2004

DUNSON'D
Is it considered a deployment if it's just some worldwide peacekeeping bullshit?

Cole
Nov 24, 2004

DUNSON'D

White Chocolate posted:

I believe that DS school is the same exact length at BCT(9 weeks).

this is correct. you basically go through basic training all over again, including marching to chow.

Cole
Nov 24, 2004

DUNSON'D

Pine Cone Jones posted:

Dear Ft. Bliss, thank you for not clearing me from post for well over a year after my ets date on Aug 18 2013. With this job I've been trying to get, I had to figure out why I had a loss of jurisdiction on my clearance and apparently someone failed to check a box until November 18th 2014. Thank you for the giant mess this has made and making everything take far longer than it should.

army.txt

Cole
Nov 24, 2004

DUNSON'D

Icon Of Sin posted:

Oh, when you finally start a class don't be That Guy that gets hammered and shits on the floor of the cadre bathroom, then leaves it for one of the platoon TAC officers to find the next morning.

on the other hand, definitely be that guy

the enlisted will like you more if you tell that story

you still should hang tho

Cole
Nov 24, 2004

DUNSON'D

Mustang posted:

Doesn't seem to bad.

it's a trap dude

trust me

Cole
Nov 24, 2004

DUNSON'D
we got to make one last 5 minute phone call on ours at like 3am on that first night. i think the joke was that it was 3am and nobody would be awake.

Cole
Nov 24, 2004

DUNSON'D
ki have no idae what therwad o'm posting in but the ambien has me khllucinating and the laptop is part of the e..... the letters are floating,.. this shis is siwie

Cole
Nov 24, 2004

DUNSON'D
infantry officers go to infantry basic officer leadership course, or ibolc. had an LT who called it "i-ball-lick." hope this helps.

Cole
Nov 24, 2004

DUNSON'D

EVA BRAUN BLOWJOBS posted:

Armor school taught me what happens when 100+ guys run out of nicotine on day five of a twelve day FTX. Other highlights include: a Lebanese exchange officer shoving a Big Mac in my hand like it was drugs and telling me to eat before the cadre saw, volunteering for 2 AM nights shifts to smoke cigars and listen to Stevie Wonder so I could have some time to myself, and watching tanks break in every conceivable way. I think we had three complete engine replacements total during the exercise along with all the various track and suspension issues.

on a long enough timeline, everyone will suck a dick for a cigarette.

Cole
Nov 24, 2004

DUNSON'D

Zeris posted:

At least they don't redesignate themselves air assault and jerk off to black & white memories of having once had that role

BAND OF BROTHERS
-every change of commander speech in the 101st ever

hey buddy, when we were in afghanland we boarded a chinook and it took off and landed and we walked off that chinook and we called it an air assault mission

Cole
Nov 24, 2004

DUNSON'D
having to rebookmark the thread every month is like having to rebookmark the dick in your rear end when you reenlist

it's triggering

Cole
Nov 24, 2004

DUNSON'D
http://www.armytimes.com/story/military/careers/army/2015/04/01/army-tatoo-policy-change/70783186/

A surge is a-comin'
Unless it's april fools.

Cole
Nov 24, 2004

DUNSON'D

Nimmy posted:

So the subtext is basically, "SMA gets to change this stupid policy on a whim whenever he wants". Has it even been a year since the current one was implemented?

standards only get relaxed in the mil when they are trying to keep people around.

they make the standards stupid if they are trying to cut the force down.

these are the only reasons current standards ever get altered one way or the other. last SMA was doomed from the start because he's basically the face of dumb regulation and there was a drawdown in effect through his time til he retired. this SMA will be a goddamn hero, "one of the guys" just because they want more people in and he gets to be the face of good news for enlisted, rather than the face of dumb regulation.

Cole
Nov 24, 2004

DUNSON'D
"THE BIG RANGER GOD MIGHT NEED YOU TO COME PULL SECURITY AT HIS BIG FOB IN THE SKY"

-ACTING CSM IFORGETHISNAME FROM 1-502 IN 2010

Cole
Nov 24, 2004

DUNSON'D

Whipped Buttcheeks posted:

If the rationale for something is "back in the army," it's probably stupid and gay.

Cole
Nov 24, 2004

DUNSON'D
https://www.facebook.com/video.php?v=10202932093941608

this probably happened at like 10am because if the army is on time about anything its about gay poo poo, and this dumbass probably had to stay at work for another 8 hours lmao

Cole
Nov 24, 2004

DUNSON'D

Eulogistics posted:

The OP to this thread is great, I'll read the whole article eventually. I was an NCO for a year before I separated, and I probably heard "just pencil - whip it" about 300 times on forms for required pricedures. I remember two instances where I was advised by my platoon sergeant to forge my commanders signature because he was unavailable, and one time when my battalion IA told me to pull files off a secret laptop with my personal thumb drive because he needed them for some report he was doing. I never got counseled for refusing to do any of those things, but it made me sad that all these breaches were happening when I had to memorize and recite all those loving creeds that said I would never do stuff like that.

lol creeds don't mean poo poo like... ever.

Cole
Nov 24, 2004

DUNSON'D

LeoMarr posted:

they let the senior NCOs know that I have what it takes to be an E-5 when asked with "Hard" questions.

yeah but the creed could be "i am an NCO so now i will literally suck the CSM's dick" and you would still say it even though you don't really plan to follow anything it says

Cole
Nov 24, 2004

DUNSON'D

LeoMarr posted:

This was a promotion board joke.

You have to say the for example infantrymens creed and if you fail to recite your creed you won't get promoted.

My Brigade similar to the rest of the army had a massive failure rate because people couldn't recite their creeds.

only one i was ever required to say was the NCO creed for the e5 board and the soldier's creed in every board ever. gently caress a infantryman creed.

Cole
Nov 24, 2004

DUNSON'D

Aranan posted:

116th MI at Gordon. How lame is it? Are we talking normal levels of Army lame, worse, maybe better?

There is literally no one around if they don't have to be. Fort Gordon is a ghost town on weekends and holidays.

Cole
Nov 24, 2004

DUNSON'D

Geirskogul posted:

I'm in atlanta, and just learned the unit I'm going to doesn't even loving know I'm coming yet. I just texted the commander and she was surprised! WTF

my unit at campbell was pretty much a coin flip. we went in and sat at a desk and where we sat determined what company we went to.

Cole
Nov 24, 2004

DUNSON'D

Geirskogul posted:

I already have done that for days.

gently caress it I'll shave in the "head" and sleep in the autopilot vending machine lounge again

you're an idiot

Cole
Nov 24, 2004

DUNSON'D
altimas owned

never had to break them in

Cole
Nov 24, 2004

DUNSON'D

Delizin posted:

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2015/04/14/rachel-lynn-lehnardt-naked-twister_n_7066236.html

This chick was married to one of my buddies when I was at Fort Gordon. From the sound of the article weren't together when this happened. He was a bit of a right wing nut and real religious, but they seemed like nice enough people.

where the gently caress were these whores at when i was 16

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cole
Nov 24, 2004

DUNSON'D
just set up a prostitution ring like everyone else

• Locked thread