Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Delizin
Nov 9, 2005

It may not be interracial, but it is black and white.
When I did ACAP they didn't give a poo poo if you showed up for it or not. There was a sign in on day one and they even told you then that it was going to be the only form of attendance for the entire thing and you were welcome to not come in. However my out date ended up getting pushed back more than year and in that time orders came down from up high that ACAP was mandatory for everyone and attendance was going to be monitored. Right before I got out they told me that I'd have to repeat ACAP since it had been more than a year since I did it and they had all those new rules in place. I said gently caress that and turned in my retirement paperwork with my old ACAP sign off and it went through fortunately.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Delizin
Nov 9, 2005

Geirskogul posted:

Deploying to gitmo, what should I smuggle back?

Khalid Sheik Mohammad

Delizin
Nov 9, 2005

Aranan posted:

Some things never change. When I was there, I went to sick call for a PHA and saw flyers posted up for some kind of brony party. In the sick call trailer. Sigh.

Well where else are all the bronies going to be hanging out?

Delizin
Nov 9, 2005

I had a pair of Altamas that were pretty drat comfortable, but I've also heard good things about the Nike boots. If you got a bunch of money, you should order a bunch of different pairs from an online store that accepts returns, try them all out and then return the ones you didn't like.

Delizin
Nov 9, 2005

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2015/04/14/rachel-lynn-lehnardt-naked-twister_n_7066236.html

This chick was married to one of my buddies when I was at Fort Gordon. From the sound of the article weren't together when this happened. He was a bit of a right wing nut and real religious, but they seemed like nice enough people.

Delizin
Nov 9, 2005

I used to get a lot of Australian military coming through my course. My students would always take them out to the outback steakhouse

Delizin
Nov 9, 2005

lol at the Army trying to address the concerns of crazy people who think Jade Helm is a coup against Texas. Now they are sending LtCols to town hall meetings with people too stupid to understand what is going on.

http://www.occupydemocrats.com/watch-paranoid-texas-lunatics-harass-an-army-colonel-with-texas-takeover-conspiracies-2/

Delizin
Nov 9, 2005

:shrug: I just wore normal white athletic socks in my boots and never had any issues with my feet. gently caress all those gay green wool socks. No one was out there giving me sock inspections. Also it sounds like your boots are way too big for you.

Here is some info on how to fit boots:

quote:

Once you are standing, wearing both boots, look for these three signs of a good fit:

Your entire foot should feel snug in the boot EXCEPT for your heel. Don't worry! Your heel should always slip in a properly fitted new boot. As you begin wearing your boot, you will find the heel leather will soften, and your boot will then conform to and move with your foot. The slippage will disappear!
The ball of your foot should sit at the widest part of the sole of the boot. Unlike feeling for the fit in your toes (as you would in trying on a shoe), the proper location of the ball of your foot in the boot will ensure a good fit throughout. Consequently, if the ball of your foot sits too far forward in the boot, your toes will uncomfortably crowd in the toe box of the boot.
The instep (vamp) of the boot should fit snugly over the top of the arch of your foot (more snugly than the fit in your normal shoe or sneaker.)

Finding Your Perfect Boot Size:

Begin with your normal shoe size. It's a good idea to have your feet measured every year or so, as the size of your feet may change over time.
Note that socks (even tights or nylons!) can add a 1/2 size to your feet.
If you are an "in-between" size, we recommend ordering the larger of the two sizes you are between.
If your feet are a narrow width (and no narrow sizes are available to purchase), you may need to order a 1/2 size smaller than your normal size.
If your feet are a wide width (and no wide sizes are available to purchase), try ordering a 1/2 size larger than your normal size.

Delizin
Nov 9, 2005

Nostalgia4Murder posted:

You loving piece of poo poo..

You don't know the half of it. My last few years I had an incredibly cushy job as an instructor in a super air conditioned building doing mostly what I wanted to do. When I got out I hadn't even met my company commander or my first sergeant since they had been replaced a year or more earlier and I had absolutely zero reasons to interact with my company.

Delizin
Nov 9, 2005

I know someone from Fort Gordon stole my identity to get cable installed in their trailer. Unfortunately I couldn't get Richmond County Sheriff to get off their lazy asses and investigate or so much as file a report even when I gave them the guy's home address. Luckily I had credit monitoring from USAA so I caught it before it turned into anything else, but still pisses me off.

Delizin
Nov 9, 2005

http://www.cnn.com/2015/07/03/us/north-carolina-mall-gun-arrest/index.html

82nd Airborne soldier walked into a Fayetteville mall with an AR-15 and IBA on to go get pictures taken at a photo studio in the mall. None of the articles list his rank, but I am guessing he is was probably an E5-E6 by now since he was a PFC in this 2010 photo:

Delizin
Nov 9, 2005

I have never actually used MILES gear that was turned on/working/had batteries. We would have to wear it for some exercises then yell BANG BANG at each other and throw pine cones and poo poo.

Delizin
Nov 9, 2005

http://www.dispatch.com/content/stories/local/2015/07/23/recruiting-center-shot-fired.html

Highlights posted:

LANCASTER, Ohio — The armed civilians who have been guarding a military recruitment center here are gone, ordered off the property after one of them accidentally discharged his rifle on Thursday.

Reed told police that he was holding his rifle outside the recruitment center when someone asked if he could take a look at it. Reed agreed, and while he was trying to clear the ammunition from the weapon, he accidentally fired one shot into the asphalt pavement.

Reed was convicted of the same offense in 2013, and was fined $50, court records show.

“I’m nobody special,” Reed said in a telephone interview on Thursday. “I’m just a guy doing my job because my own government wouldn’t do it.”

Reed said he is not a military veteran. He described himself as an active gun enthusiast who makes a living working side jobs.

Ashbaugh, 48, of Lancaster, whose husband is a Marine veteran, said she was heartened to see the volunteers guarding the recruitment center.

“We have recruiters who can’t defend themselves. Thank God for these people willing to defend them,” she said.

Delizin fucked around with this message at 18:17 on Jul 24, 2015

Delizin
Nov 9, 2005

If you are medboarded, your discharge should be categorized as an honorable unless you are already being separated under a different category then it is the first general officer in your CoC that decides the categorization of discharge I believe. You should also receive your entire GI Bill, even if you haven't served a full qualifying 3 years, if you receive a medical discharge. There are also some conditions that allow them to discharge you administratively instead of through a medboard and these could result in your general discharges. All of this should be covered in AR 635-200.

Delizin
Nov 9, 2005

I struggle to remember my phone number or home address sometimes these days. gently caress any chance of me ever recalling my rifle that I barely even shot since I was such a pogue that my job isn't even allowed to deploy.

Delizin
Nov 9, 2005

I was given that profile for a problem with my autonomic nervous system that pretty much hosed up all my subconscious body systems. Real doctors ruled out anything hereditary and thought it was most likely caused by an infection or something like the anthrax vaccine.

That profile was the ultimate get of jail free card for my last year or two of playing Army. The profile said I wasn't allowed to do anything, but I enjoyed my actual job and was actually really good at it so my bosses just let me come in just for that and go home whenever I wanted. By the time I got out I hadn't been to a single NCOPD, formation, suicide prevention class, etc in over a year. I didn't even know the name of my company commander or 1SG or what they looked like.

Too bad I am still hosed up after getting out, but at least I get the sweet sweet 100% P&T paycheck to make it hurt a little less.

Delizin
Nov 9, 2005

EVA BRAUN BLOWJOBS posted:

Six months for kiddy diddling? :wtf:

McNally posted:

Name: Sgt. Maj.

http://thisainthell.us/blog/?p=61978

Ugh. rear end in a top hat was part of my old unit. Looks like he was part of the Missile Defense side of SMDC so I have no idea who he is.

Delizin fucked around with this message at 08:09 on Sep 26, 2015

Delizin
Nov 9, 2005

psydude posted:

The Army: a bunch of grossly incompetent dudes fussing about men's hair

Delizin
Nov 9, 2005

Booblord Zagats posted:

Guy who delivered my Papa Johns lastnight is a 33 year old active duty E-6.

What the hell is going on in the Army?

One of the E6s on my team was delivering pizzas and living in a trailer park because he lost everything in a divorce and had to pay a loving ridiculous amount for alimony and child support.

Delizin
Nov 9, 2005

MurderBot posted:

I just want to go to a school where they teach me how to be a james bond type soldier. The one who learns how to dress fashionably, force women into having sex with me on boats, can drink copious amounts of alcohol but still round-house kick bitches in the face with precision accuracy, drive/fly anything. Also would allow me to not adhere to AR670-1 and grow sick hair-styles and not shave while I'm in the Bahamas plowing women for secrets of their bosses intention to sell plutonium to ISIS.

Getting women to have sex with you on a boat is easy. You just get them all tipsy topside then bring them to a comfy spot below deck. They can't refuse, you know, because of the implication.

Dude, dude, think about it. She is out in the middle of nowhere with a dude she barely knows. She looks around and what does she see? Nothing, but open ocean. "Ahh, theres no where for me to run, what am I gonna do, say no?!".

If the girl says no, then obviously the answer is no, but the thing is she isn't going to say no. She would never say no, because of the implication. The implication that things might go wrong for her if she refuses to sleep with me, you know, not that things are going to go wrong for her, but she's thinking that they will.

Great episode: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MZ1lc6KASWg

Delizin
Nov 9, 2005

Try getting a conviction for littering in the mean time. See if that still works.

Delizin
Nov 9, 2005

http://www.duffelblog.com/2012/12/mandatory-christmas-party-is-completely-voluntary-says-sergeant-major/

You could always contact the Military Religious Freedom Foundation and complain about your unit proselytizing Christianity with a Christmas party instead of a having a secular holiday party. I'm sure that it will work out perfectly.

Delizin
Nov 9, 2005

For a lot of the online courses you could just change to URL to the final page and print out your certificate. AT lvl 1 was just like /certificate.htm or something similar. Way less effort than photoshop.

Delizin
Nov 9, 2005

So with the new process (last like 5 years or so) the VA determines the ratings for the Army and your VA disability. The Army only gets to say whether you stay in or get out, they no longer have any say whatsoever in your rating or whether or not you are retired.

After the PEB decides that you are no longer fit for duty the VA has to give you a rating and they usually schedule a QTC appointment with some contracted doctor's office to determine how hosed up you are. The doctor will fill out a form provided by the VA called a Disability Benefit Questionnaire, or DBQ, which then gets sent to the VA. They then compare the DBQ to the VA Schedule for Rating Disabilities (VASRD) to find your condition, or the closest analogous condition, and how bad it affects you to determine your ratings. Those ratings are sent back to the PEB and you have one opportunity to appeal it before are separated. The Army will take the ratings for all of the conditions that the PEB decided made you unfit for duty and that will determine whether you are medically retired or separated with severance.

You can and should take a look at the DBQs here and find the ones that relate to your condition:
http://www.benefits.va.gov/compensation/dbq_ListByDBQFormName.asp

Remember with these QTC appointments, they want to know your limitations on your worst day, not your best. Make sure to tell them how bad and limiting your condition really is when it is at it's worst to make sure that you get rated properly.

Delizin
Nov 9, 2005

My section was really small, but some how we ended had every single UPL from the company in our section. I never spent any time whatsoever with the company so I always got an NCO I had never met before to be my peter peeker when it was my turn to test so we always got to have fun. Some of my favorites techniques were pulling the bottom of my shirt up through the neck to make the t-shirt knot bra and then dropping my pants all the way to the floor, stripping completely naked to be more comfortable, and no matter what always trying to stare the observer directly in the eyes. When I had to observe I'd do the uncomfortable over the shoulder from behind while tapping my foot insistently.

The purpose of an urinalysis is really to make it as uncomfortable as possible for all parties involved.

There was one E5 in my company from another section who had to be approaching his RCP. That motherfucker was insanely dorky and by the book, but he would unintentionally make UA so uncomfortable for whoever he had to observe. He had huge coke bottle glasses and was the guy who'd kneel down inches from your dick to be sure that he'd see the urine leaving the body. He'd talk to the guy pissing the entire time and people would complain that they could feel his breath on their cocks. Most of the time he'd say poo poo like "think of a flowing waterfall" which I get, but sometimes you'd get weird poo poo like "just relax and pretend you are with a pretty girl" :wtf:

Whenever soldiers would get him the game would be to try to hit the edge of the cup and splash back into his face. Overall some of the best times I had in the Army.

Delizin
Nov 9, 2005

psydude posted:

It happened when I was on active duty two years ago, so I doubt they would give me any retirement since I didn't bring it up at DEMOB.

Benefits wise it is honestly the smartest move to get them to start a medboard. Sanity and time wise you'd be better off just getting out.

Delizin
Nov 9, 2005

You have three choices on how to get your Army rating increased to 30% to get your retirement benefits.

1. You appeal the ratings on the conditions that fail to meet retention standards to the VA and try to get them to 30% combined. The PEB no longer assigns ratings, they just take the rating assigned by the VA for any conditions that fail to meet retention standards.
2. You appeal to have another condition added to your medboard that fails to meet retention standards.
3. You appeal to the PEB and argue that one of the conditions that they determined meets retention standards in fact fails to meet retention standards.

First, it sounds like you should review the VA rules regarding bilateral conditions and see if it is something that can help you: https://www.law.cornell.edu/cfr/text/38/4.26

You should also review AR 40-501, Standards of Medical Fitness. It is goes into detail on what kind of conditions make you unfit for duty and can help you in arguing that a certain condition, by itself in the absence of your other conditions, would have made you unfit for duty.

If you make any appeals to the PEB, I strongly encourage you to go in person and to retain the local DAV rep in San Antonio to represent you before the board. That man is a wizard and will strongly advocate for you.

Delizin
Nov 9, 2005

Aranan posted:

I forgot the trick to skipping the stupid online cyber awareness training. There's something with changing the URL to let you go right to the end, but it's been a while. Does anyone know what it is? I thought it was just changing all the "FALSE" to "TRUE" but that's not working.

You just need to go to the url of the last page. IIRC it was like /certificate.htm or /certificate.html. This was the case when I last did it, but I've been out for two years now.

Edit: I am thinking of AT level 1. I don't remember the trick that one off the top of my head, but knowing the Army it is probably something like that.

Delizin fucked around with this message at 22:33 on Jun 2, 2016

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Delizin
Nov 9, 2005

I'm still around (and alive for the most part), just never posted a ton. I got that profile when all of the automatic parts of my nervous system got hosed up suddenly. It started with a ton of chest pain as I was getting to the last mile of a Friday unit run, but figured it was probably nothing and kept going. After that it felt like my heart was hiccuping for the whole weekend afterwards. The next Monday I couldn't even make it half a mile without falling out. Tuesday I went into sick call and they did an EKG and told me to go to the post hospital for a chest x-ray. I told the doctor that my unit banned us from driving on post since someone had a DUI a couple days back, so I'd have to walk there get the x-ray and walk back. So a few miles to the hospital, got the xray and came back to find the clinic had closed. I was on the night shift so I went on to work after that.

I showed back up at the clinic the next day and the doctor told me that she was up all night worrying that I had "croaked in the night" (her words). Lady had my cell phone number, my office number, my unit and my unit's phone number, but did not call anyone. Apparently my EKG, the same EKG she looked at before having me walk to the hospital, was really hosed up and I was told to go the ER immediately. Spent a few days in the hospital getting a workup, but they didn't find anything conclusive. My wife and I would sit around watching my heart miss nearly every other beat on the heart monitor. The cardiologist they sent to "examine" me literally just walked into the room, told me I was too young to have a heart problem and left. After that they discharged me with a diagnosis of 'chest pain' and gave me a print out for acid reflux.

The Army hosed with me for like two years while I was getting worse calling me a malingerer and implying that somehow I was faking my heart not beating right and up to 140 bpm while sitting. Eventually I was able to piece together enough evidence myself to figure out a couple of likely causes and I went to the patient advocate and the commander of the hospital and pressured them into letting me see a cardiologist. I showed the cardiologist everything I had and he did some tests and confirmed that it actually was one of the two rare conditions I had found. He didn't know how to treat it so I got sent TDY across the country to some civilian specialists who verified the diagnosis and gave me some preliminary treatment before I got recalled back to post to continue treatment under Army guidelines, which promptly through out half of their treatment guidelines.

The issue is that all of the automatic functions of my nervous system break whenever I am upright. So my veins don't contract properly which causes my blood to pool into my lower extremities. My brain senses this and floods my body with adrenaline to make my heart pump faster to get blood back to my brain. It also messes up my short term memory and other cognitive functions pretty bad if I am up for too long.

My MEB took years to finish and during the last year and a half or so, the civilian doctor in charge of the MEB wrote me that profile after reviewing my medical records. Part of it was due to my limitations and part of it was to keep me from being hosed with. For the last part of my time I stopped showing up to anything related to the unit. I didn't know who my commander or 1SG were and couldn't have picked them or their names out of a line up. I liked my real job and the people I worked with so I still showed up to section office and worked for a few hours each day.

Ended up getting hosed by the VA. They don't have anything like my condition in their big book for ratings and they kept picking conditions completely unrelated to it as an "analogous" condition. First they gave me 10% for it as tachycardia, then after years of appeals it finally went up to 30% as a heart condition and then the rest as "depression" and various little things, but it ended up coming to 100% so my VA rep told me to just stop fighting and go with it.

Now that I am out, I've been seeing civilian doctors who still don't really know how to treat me, but as long as I take it really easy and don't do too much at once I can still kind of function. Can't really work or do anything active, but I can at least go to the store or see friends and family for a few hours out of the day.

So, that's the story behind the profile. Also the AV is panda's loving.

• Locked thread