Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Fayez Butts
Aug 24, 2006

Did you try googling any of them? What are your computer specs?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fayez Butts
Aug 24, 2006

I have a g27 and it's been loud as gently caress since day one.

Fayez Butts
Aug 24, 2006

I saw a review somewhere that said that Dirt Rally currently doesn't support high degree wheels and that about 300 degrees is the best. If you have a g27 or g25 you can do this https://www.gtplanet.net/forum/threads/g27-g25-dfgt-undocumented-wheel-lock-settings-guide.286646/

Fayez Butts
Aug 24, 2006

I don't see any reason to believe that the internals are any different either. The base looks identical to my g27, the pedals are the same and in the cutaway it's got the same gear setup as the g27 as well. How they're charging 400 USD for it without a shifter is nuts.

Fayez Butts
Aug 24, 2006

GTA V is a pretty good open world driving game

Fayez Butts
Aug 24, 2006

Got it, thanks! Sure you didn't redeem it just because you didn't want to give AMD your email address, phone number, birthdate, country and state?

Fayez Butts
Aug 24, 2006

jonathan posted:

Mine neither. The guy barely turns the wheel even though I can turn mine seemingly forever.

If you're on a G27 click your middle two red buttons on your shifter and the 9 o'clock button (where X would be on an Xbox controller) on the face pad at the top. That will switch you to a 540 degree setup. It's the best I've found for Dirt Rally

Fayez Butts
Aug 24, 2006

I checked out that force feedback mod for Dirt and it makes my wheel immediately clip. On tarmac, and it's a G27 so it's loud as gently caress. Is there anyway I can just reduce the ffb overall without affecting other games?

Fayez Butts fucked around with this message at 17:39 on Jun 26, 2015

Fayez Butts
Aug 24, 2006

Yeah, that's probably what I'm gonna do. It just seems dumb

Fayez Butts
Aug 24, 2006

365 Nog Hogger posted:

Well, it will be the first official track that isn't laser scanned, won't it?

Barely-related: someone else needs to figure out a good bumper-scanning rig coupled with gps data so I can capture the malibu canyons for sim-touge enthusiasts everywhere.

That hill climb track Kunos released a while ago isn't laser scanned.

http://www.assettocorsa.net/forum/index.php?threads/cheap-alternative-to-laser-scanning.3053/

Here's a guy who built a dual camera rig for his car and software that can generate point clouds.

Fayez Butts fucked around with this message at 03:50 on Jul 23, 2015

Fayez Butts
Aug 24, 2006

Harminoff posted:

I was thinking of upgrading to a g27 from a dfgt however after reading a lot it seems like it isn't that much of a difference unless I want a quieter wheel. It seems like my next best upgrade would be to get some new pedals. Thinking about some clubsport v2's however not seeing that many available. Any other good alternatives?

I can assure you that the G27 is not quiet.

Fayez Butts
Aug 24, 2006

holocaust bloopers posted:

Is Dirt 3 competent in delivering some fun?

Yes but get Dirt Rally

Fayez Butts
Aug 24, 2006

KillHour posted:

So... this then?

Do you really have to have both Dirt 3 and Dirt 3 Complete Edition installed?

Fayez Butts
Aug 24, 2006

Every review I've seen has said that the wheels are essentially identical. One definite thing the g27 has over the 29 is that it comes with an H shifter vs just a wheel and pedals

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fayez Butts
Aug 24, 2006

Is Shift 2 good? Steam reviews say it crashes a lot. Like a lot

• Locked thread