Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
bloops
Dec 31, 2010

Thanks Ape Pussy!
Project CARS, go gold already.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

bloops
Dec 31, 2010

Thanks Ape Pussy!

KillHour posted:

I'm getting these errors every time I try to start a race in Assetto Corsa and then it kicks me out to the main menu. Any ideas?

Verify integrity in Steam.

bloops
Dec 31, 2010

Thanks Ape Pussy!
PROJECT CARS GO GOLD ALREADY

gently caress

bloops
Dec 31, 2010

Thanks Ape Pussy!

holocaust bloopers posted:

PROJECT CARS GO GOLD ALREADY

gently caress

bloops
Dec 31, 2010

Thanks Ape Pussy!

peter gabriel posted:

I am so excited for this

I've been bouncing between Forza and Driveclub for my console racing did, and it simply is not cutting it any more.

bloops
Dec 31, 2010

Thanks Ape Pussy!

Control Volume posted:

I remember hearing good things about Assetto Corsa, what ended up happening to make it lame and bad?

A completely fine product that lacks cars, tracks, and variable racing conditions. For people who like sim racing and need a little more in terms of content, it's lacking.

I look at something like Driveclub as a racing game that pushes the genre farther than Forza/GT or any recent PC sim has in a while. That's mostly because of the incredibly impressive time of day and weather system. Honestly, it's tremendous.

bloops fucked around with this message at 23:04 on Mar 9, 2015

bloops
Dec 31, 2010

Thanks Ape Pussy!
AC will be a fixture for years. Adding easy mod support is a huge asset.

bloops
Dec 31, 2010

Thanks Ape Pussy!

Mr SoupTeeth posted:

Enabling MFAA when I moved from a GTX 760 to a 970 seemed to be the biggest visual bump since the game's max AA setting misses a lot, and neither card can supersample without killing the frame rate (running 2560x1080 native). As said, it's just not a terribly pretty game and art direction wasn't high on the dev's list. It's amazing how much effort goes into fudging things graphically in Forza and especially Gran Turismo to give it a more realistic look.

Driveclub is the most goddamn astonishing racing game I have ever seen. 1080p/30 and gorgeous as gently caress. As far as I'm concerned, it's the racing game to beat purely on visuals.

bloops
Dec 31, 2010

Thanks Ape Pussy!
Forza plays exceedingly well on a gamepad. I've never once wanted a wheel because laying on a couch running laps with an F40 is fantastically satisfying.

bloops
Dec 31, 2010

Thanks Ape Pussy!
Codemasters announced F1 2015 for a June release. I have decent hopes it'll be a good, focuses, and fun F1 sim.

bloops
Dec 31, 2010

Thanks Ape Pussy!
NCIX has the Logtech G27 for $166 plus free shipping. At that point, even I bought the goddamn thing. I've been waffling over a wheel setup for about a year now.

http://www.ncixus.com/products/?sku=45959&vpn=941-000045&manufacture=Logitech&promoid=1202

bloops
Dec 31, 2010

Thanks Ape Pussy!
One of the weirdest derails I've seen on these forums.

bloops
Dec 31, 2010

Thanks Ape Pussy!
Had to cancel my order. Moving this month plus the cat needs her teeth cleaned. poo poo is pricey. I'll pick one up on Amazon here in the next few months.

bloops
Dec 31, 2010

Thanks Ape Pussy!

jonathan posted:

The sweeping right hand turn with crest when you run maple valley reverse. Which real life track has one of those ? Its an american track. Lots of green grass on the sides.

Maybe its Watkins glen ?

Road Atlanta?

bloops
Dec 31, 2010

Thanks Ape Pussy!
Project CARS went gold and now has a May 8th release date.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2L5qZdo8584

bloops
Dec 31, 2010

Thanks Ape Pussy!
F1 2015 is supposedly making strides to be much heavier on the sim side of the equation. We'll see.

bloops
Dec 31, 2010

Thanks Ape Pussy!

I said come in! posted:

Codemasters says this with every single one of their games. It's always bullshit. They lie so much.

They were pretty forthcoming about GRID Autosport.

bloops
Dec 31, 2010

Thanks Ape Pussy!
How's the Thrustmaster T300rs?

bloops
Dec 31, 2010

Thanks Ape Pussy!

Mr SoupTeeth posted:

I dig mine despite the mediocre pedals, modifying the brake for a progressive feel made a huge difference. Only thing I don't care for is the constant individual game fuckery to make it feel proper in everything that isn't Gran Turismo 6, it's a big enough pain that I haven't got nearly the mileage I should have out of PC sims (this is probably an issue with most wheels if my experience with the Sidewinder FFB is any indication).

Huh alright. I passed on the G27 deal a while back because I'd like a wheel with PS4 compatibility. The T300rs is on my list.

bloops
Dec 31, 2010

Thanks Ape Pussy!

Falken posted:

On the fence for buying DiRT rally, as I'm probably spending around £1900 on repairing the sills and repainting the front of my car soon. Money's tight. :(

You can wait. There's not much game there.

bloops
Dec 31, 2010

Thanks Ape Pussy!
I'm having a hard time justifying a wheel purchase. Which is funny considering I own that Thrustmaster Warthog setup for flight sims. How much better is playing with a wheel as opposed to a gamepad?

bloops
Dec 31, 2010

Thanks Ape Pussy!
I bet the project cars developers can put out material like that, and the more idiotic elements of the sim community would still decry the game as simcade.

Basically don't read reddit or any other forums.

bloops
Dec 31, 2010

Thanks Ape Pussy!

mearn posted:

Project CARS getting released seems like a good excuse to upgrade my graphics card, what do you guys think it would take to get running on Ultra at 60 FPS 1080? My current card is from 2009 and it's starting to show it's age.

GTX 970 is the answer. Video card perfection.

bloops
Dec 31, 2010

Thanks Ape Pussy!
gently caress it. Bought a G27 from Newegg. Comes in next week and just in time for Project Cars. So the pedals aren't great, what can I do to improve the braking action without spending a ton of money?

bloops fucked around with this message at 06:56 on Apr 29, 2015

bloops
Dec 31, 2010

Thanks Ape Pussy!
Hey so I already own a wheelstand pro for my flight sim stuff. Can I clamp the G27 to it without needing a different plate?

bloops
Dec 31, 2010

Thanks Ape Pussy!
Does PCARS support league functions like leaderboards?

bloops
Dec 31, 2010

Thanks Ape Pussy!
G27 came in. It's slow to turn. What setting eases up on the overall tension?

bloops
Dec 31, 2010

Thanks Ape Pussy!
Disabling center spring was the fix.

And now I get why a wheel owns. I'm 12 seconds off my pace in AC driving the 12C on Spa. Getting used to the brake pedal is difficult.

bloops
Dec 31, 2010

Thanks Ape Pussy!
I'm completely sold using a wheel. That fast section right before the tight S that leads to back straight on Spa; I kept wiping out on the entry and now with the wheel I can tell that the front tires lose grip.

loving crazy.

bloops
Dec 31, 2010

Thanks Ape Pussy!
We're doing a pcars league, yes?

bloops
Dec 31, 2010

Thanks Ape Pussy!

Can't connect using steam

bloops
Dec 31, 2010

Thanks Ape Pussy!
Dirt Rally is so hard. Like so so so hard.

bloops
Dec 31, 2010

Thanks Ape Pussy!
Assetto Corsa is an entirely different game with a wheel now. Night and day.

bloops
Dec 31, 2010

Thanks Ape Pussy!
McLaren F1 GTR is a helluva car. Squirrely under heavy braking at high speeds.

bloops
Dec 31, 2010

Thanks Ape Pussy!

Xenoid posted:

How good is Dirt? It's not too expensive yet but I'm very wary of getting burned on games, especially since Codemasters doesn't have a great history of making sim type games. Y'all seem to be liking it and the reviews on Steam are Very Positive so that is moving me into the 'buy' camp but I seem to need a bit more push. I ask because I was thinking of buying P:C but that one is definitely an expensive game to be buying.

You can wait on it. As it is now, there's a lack of content and overall polish. A lot of fun, but not necessary.

bloops
Dec 31, 2010

Thanks Ape Pussy!
Ya AC is a very competent hot lap simulator.

bloops
Dec 31, 2010

Thanks Ape Pussy!
Does AC support reverse tracks?

bloops
Dec 31, 2010

Thanks Ape Pussy!

Norns posted:

Guys Project Cars is really good.

bloops
Dec 31, 2010

Thanks Ape Pussy!

Bentai posted:

I'd love to see a modified version where you run Pikes downhill. I think that could be really fun.

Brake murder is what that would be.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

bloops
Dec 31, 2010

Thanks Ape Pussy!

ethanol posted:

poor decision

• Locked thread