Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
osker
Dec 18, 2002

Wedge Regret

KillHour posted:

I'm getting these errors every time I try to start a race in Assetto Corsa and then it kicks me out to the main menu. Any ideas?

Go to your documents folder and open Assettocorsa/cfg/video.cfg and change aa samples from zero to one. I was getting the same error a while back when I was dicking with my oculus rift settings.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

osker
Dec 18, 2002

Wedge Regret

GhostDog posted:

In regards to the RBR copy from gamesplanet, is that just a copy of the original disc or does it incorporate the latest patches?

It is just a copy of the games disc hence my linking to the official patches which you can only really find through racedepartment. The rsrbr2015 includes the patches, but if your goal is just vanilla rbr then you're gonna have to hunt them down like I did.

osker
Dec 18, 2002

Wedge Regret

KillHour posted:

This doesn't exist. There's a video.ini in the Steam folder, but changing it there doesn't work.

Holy gently caress, son. The location is C:\Users\<USERNAME>\Documents\Assetto Corsa\cfg\video.ini sorry for giving you directions off the top of my head from my phone while taking a poo poo at work.

osker
Dec 18, 2002

Wedge Regret

CaseFace McGee posted:

...but the ClubSport pedals vibrate
Yeah this is that one weird trick the government hates, but sim racers love.

Also, I'd like to point out that the load cell used on these is pretty loving good, but if for some reason you want to use another with a different loading curve, it is straight up exposed for replacement from eBay or omega engineerig.

osker
Dec 18, 2002

Wedge Regret

Control Volume posted:

Also I guess this is the best place to ask, if I were to say build a cockpit out of PVC, where the hell do I find a seat for that? Is it just a cheap racing seat with a cheap cover thrown over it or is there something I'm missing here because even the cheap seat options seem kind of pricey.

This is the best cheap bucket you're gonna find: http://www.summitracing.com/parts/sum-g2100/overview/

osker
Dec 18, 2002

Wedge Regret

Mr SoupTeeth posted:

Your back is gonna be pissed you didn't spend more than $50.

The motherfucker making a rig out of PVC...

osker
Dec 18, 2002

Wedge Regret

I said come in! posted:

At least I get to play it still but holy poo poo it's hard to defend the game and talk about how good it is when it has delays that are worse than Gran Turismo 5. People on the outside look at the delays and think it's understandably crap, experience with delays would back those assumptions up.

I think SMS pressed the PCARS discs at the same factory where Fanatec makes their gear:

quote:

Dear Valued Customer,

Unfortunately, we have to inform you that the goods (ClubSport Shifter / ClubSport shifter SQ / ClubSport Shifter Table Clamp) have not arrived at the warehouse yet. The container including our goods has arrived at the port, but this container is currently in a closed area. At the moment we cannot say how long our goods will be in quarantine and when the public authority will release our goods.

We hope that the container will be released soon and forwarded to the warehouse. Your order will be shipped immediately – after the goods have arrived in stock at our warehouse. We will keep you informed about the dispatch in time.

We fully understand if you are not willing to wait for such a long time to obtain your order. Of course, you can withdraw your order at any time. We would then refund the pre-payments immediately.

We sincerely apologize for any inconveniences arising by this shipping delay.

You can tell they have a web form which insets one paragraph of platitudes per checkbox.

osker
Dec 18, 2002

Wedge Regret
Enjoy your latency.

osker
Dec 18, 2002

Wedge Regret
Hey gut bomb, in travelling now, but I fully exported maple valley and processed all the road meshes for ac. The only thing left to do is finish uv mapping nonroad textures and then using the cap ac editor to assign shaders. Hit me up and let's coordinate on irc. I think coja even drove it.

osker
Dec 18, 2002

Wedge Regret

Cojawfee posted:

I did, needs a lot of smoothing.
I processed the export only using blender, so no magical driving surface point cloud.

I've never used bobs track builder so I'm looking forward to seeing if I can add one with some mildly randomized variation.

osker
Dec 18, 2002

Wedge Regret

GutBomb posted:

I have no idea if this will even work right, I've never done the AC side of things. Only used Bob's with rfactor and then converting to rfactor 2. If rfactor 2 is the best I can do, that's fine. I sold my Xbox 360 and the 360 compatible wheel and just want to drive on maple valley again.

Turn 10 has specifically said they won't allow any Forza tracks to be released for Sims do this will probably be just for me, but I'll gladly share with goons if I get something working.

Get in the IRC, srsly. I have so much to show you.

osker
Dec 18, 2002

Wedge Regret
Dear valued customer,

We are delaying the delivery of your CSW V2 base by another month.

Suck our dicks,
Fanatec

osker
Dec 18, 2002

Wedge Regret

OhsH posted:

like seriously lol if you haven't tried every racing game on the market lmbo if you honestly have opinions like for real oh my god sim racing is just lmbo.

I'd like to say that whatever warts PCars has, being able to right click on my steam friends list and hitting "join" on a contact is worth so loving much when you consider all the circles of hell that AC makes you walk through to get a race going, and iRacing private sessions are way too serious.

I think this past week I did like 5 races with the goon crew back to back, the hardest part was when it was my turn to pick the car.

osker
Dec 18, 2002

Wedge Regret
Holy jesus. My V2 base is shipping.

osker
Dec 18, 2002

Wedge Regret

Torabi posted:

I'm laughing my rear end off. The g29 appears to be indentical to the g27, but really ugly, shifter removed and it will cost a whopping $534 in Sweden + $79 for the shifter. Meanwhile I got my g27 six months ago for $240, shifter and all. Well done Logitech, not only did you raise the price, but the customer also gets less.

I bet they came up with the price by looking at the competition like fanatec and figuring they needed to close that gap, because gently caress it, gears are as good as belts.

osker
Dec 18, 2002

Wedge Regret
Well, if anybody is interested in a discounted set of V2 pedals in september...

osker
Dec 18, 2002

Wedge Regret

Cojawfee posted:

Yes, I did it. The csw is amazing. If you can't afford an actual direct drive wheel, it is a must get.

I tried cranking up the ffb on the csw V2 just to see what 11 feels like. It has enough torque to gently caress you up. I'm sure direct drive wheels are great, but gently caress having to set up a massive servo driver, power supply, and emergency cutoff button.

osker
Dec 18, 2002

Wedge Regret

Cojawfee posted:

Anyone else seen this?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fnugyXhVsZI

Looks like the Accuforce is the worse of the three DD wheels he tested. The guys he had on seem to like the OSW and Bodnar wheel better.

Not a surprise that a stepper motor is not as good as a servo. Steppers are open loop controlled whereas servos are closed loop. In simpler terms, you send a pulse to a stepper and the stepper can't communicate back to the motor driver to say whether it completed the rotation (or overshot it) as requested by the driving pulse.

Steppers are good for the price for bigger movements, but they have a tendency to start drifting with lots of little movements. I assume that the second plug on the sim experience is for some sort of encoder, but that is still gonna be dogshit when compared to a properly controlled closed loop servo.

osker fucked around with this message at 02:59 on Jun 20, 2015

osker
Dec 18, 2002

Wedge Regret

jonathan posted:

Is this released from the developers ? I'm not sure I understand the concept of this download.
Basically, a forum sperg is doing the developer's job by knowing their engine inside out and spending hours loving with variables that should have been fiddled with by the qa team.

osker
Dec 18, 2002

Wedge Regret

Cojawfee posted:

I don't think fanatec understands black friday sales as they only sell things they want to get rid of. Last year it was CSL seats as I assume they weren't selling well. They can barely keep production going anyway, so it's hard for them to have a sale. Expect to see old porsche based wheels this year probably.

I snagged the BMW/F1 rim combo which all told is really super tits since swapping out between a round rim and an F1 rim was a thing I didn't know I wanted in life.

osker
Dec 18, 2002

Wedge Regret

Here4DaGangBang posted:

Thanks dudes, I have friends with Pcars so that's a factor as the multiplayer in AC is loving atrocious. I might wait a while though and buy after the big patch, seeing as I've missed the Steam sale.

The having friends and multiplayer is where the selling point lies. For all of its physics and ffb warts, right clicking on a dude on steam and joining up is worth it considering the PhD degree you need to not only launch multiplayer, but to change settings once your team is together.

osker
Dec 18, 2002

Wedge Regret
Another counterpoint. If they have a wrc driver on retainer, how come the ffb was spectacular dog poo poo until some racedept schlubs fixed it?

osker
Dec 18, 2002

Wedge Regret

advion posted:

Because translating real world feeling to a wheel on your desk run by lovely little motors doesn't really work. No matter what game/sim or who you have on retainer or testing it. They do their best but even the best implementations are pretty horrible.

Maybe I'm crazy, but if your job is to translate real world feeling to a wheel on my desk run by lovely little motors, then gently caress son, have some professional pride, read a book about vehicle dynamics. SAE bookstore can hook a dude up for like 30-50 bux.

osker
Dec 18, 2002

Wedge Regret
Game Stock Car is trying to bring stadium super trucks to their sim, send help. If you don't own GSCE, you can get it here for 35 bux with access to the upcoming beta builds.

quote:

Reiza Simracing Bonanza Update 2:

Due to some confusion regarding what "access to beta builds" refer to, we have elected to make some additions which will add value to backers from all levels from 2 upwards - they are:

Levels 2, 3 & 4 will now grant backers early access to upcoming beta builds of Stock Car Extreme & Formula Truck 2013, (provided already have the games or elect to get them within your perk level);

Levels 5 and upwards (except for level 10) will grant early access to beta builds of Stock Car Extreme & Formula Truck, AND also for the next game (Q4 2016).

We cannot edit the perks to include the new info since the campaign is already in progress, so please take this under consideration when making your contribution.

osker fucked around with this message at 18:38 on Jul 4, 2015

osker
Dec 18, 2002

Wedge Regret

OhsH posted:

So uh... if i already got it im getting beta?

Since I too already have gsce, I went with the 100 dollar package. If pcars2 can get backers based on some questionable flat level, these bitches can hold on to my money based on how good the super kart is.

osker fucked around with this message at 18:38 on Jul 4, 2015

osker
Dec 18, 2002

Wedge Regret

jonathan posted:

Edit: Why doesn't Empty Box on youtube use triple monitors ?

He actually has a modest computer it seems. He also drives rally games with the fanatec F1 rim which is weird as all hell having tried it myself. The best part about emptybox is that we never see him.

osker
Dec 18, 2002

Wedge Regret

GhostDog posted:

The F1 rim is much lighter, so it reacts quicker and more precise to FFB signals because the motor has to deal with less inertia. One the graphs it's quite a difference although I don't know how much of that translates into the real world (I'll find out as soon as the F1 rim goes on sale). If you're not big on MY IMMERSION (unlike me), it might just be easier to forgoe switching rims and just leave the - technically - better option on.

I have both a BMW and f1 rim, and the difference is not all that crazy. Granted that rotational inertia is a function of mass and object radius, it is just then when rallying I grab the wheel is so many crazy ways it ain't funny. Also one handing in excess of 270 degree cars with the f1 rim is going to lead to a broken finger on my end one day.

osker
Dec 18, 2002

Wedge Regret

OhsH posted:

how easy to transfer tracks to gsce from rfactor?

http://www.racedepartment.com/downloads/rfactortools.1954/

osker
Dec 18, 2002

Wedge Regret

GhostDog posted:

Yeah, I'd be up for races on weekends and somewhat reasonably euro-friendly times.

I actually thought about springing for one of the AC hosted solutions, they cost like $5 a month. Does anybody have experience with that? And is there interest?

I had a server for a couple months, AC is an annoying bitch to configure, and having the server hosted remotely made it all the more annoying.

osker
Dec 18, 2002

Wedge Regret
They did not budge during the steam summer sale, so it is what it is. Given their recent crowd funding thing, I doubt they will drop the price so the donating spergs don't get mad.

Edit. You should get it anyway just for superkarts. Even if you are slow like me you end up having a god drat blast and you learn that ziplock is more of a kart idiot savant than ohsh

osker fucked around with this message at 00:24 on Aug 12, 2015

osker
Dec 18, 2002

Wedge Regret
Not yet. The beta doesn't have it yet, but it is supposed to be in September. To be fair, once you know that this is an issue, setting 180 degrees max rotation on a g27 and cswv2 is trivial once you know how.

osker
Dec 18, 2002

Wedge Regret
Right now it is not worth 60 bux. The promised of a parametric track modeler is pretty amazing because using blender is a pain in the dick.

osker
Dec 18, 2002

Wedge Regret

Hikaki posted:

I think the G27 killed the G29 before its even out.

Yeah, Logitech done hosed up trying to charge big iron hardware prices for warmed over poo poo.

osker
Dec 18, 2002

Wedge Regret
Ghostdog,please pick up the skip barber. Gooncar is at 5pm Sundays

osker
Dec 18, 2002

Wedge Regret

tater_salad posted:

This is not me. But this pic is hilarious... nice white sneakers the dad.

That looks like Nigel Peppercock

osker
Dec 18, 2002

Wedge Regret

IceAgeComing posted:

For some reason the identical cars are much harder to drive in this than in iRacing - at least the IndyCar and the Skip Barber are. I don't know whether that's more realistic, whether its car setup, whether its an rFactor2 thing or just me but I'm not a huge fan. .

I used to feel the same way until I learned how to set dynamic track rubber levels. Driving the Skippy on a green track was dog poo

osker
Dec 18, 2002

Wedge Regret
The negative and positive correspond to what your wheel thinks the positive direction is. If your hardware designer was not an animal, counterclockwise should be the positive direction.

osker
Dec 18, 2002

Wedge Regret
The CSGO guys are all about using nice sennheiser headphones with a Modmic (add-on stickon mic).

Bluetooth headsets always have this minute lag induced by the Bluetooth stack.

RFwireless headsets are convenient as gently caress and I use a pair even if the sound quality isn't the best it can be.

osker
Dec 18, 2002

Wedge Regret

This is what I got.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

osker
Dec 18, 2002

Wedge Regret

moxieman posted:

Return it and buy better headphones and a mic.

Negatron. Sometimes when I watch a movie I don't even pause it because I'll go to the can with these cans. Where is your god now?

• Locked thread