Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

TheBacon
Feb 8, 2012

#essereFerrari

Residency Evil posted:

It came!!!!!!

I think I'm in love.

loving owns

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TheBacon
Feb 8, 2012

#essereFerrari

:perfect:

TheBacon
Feb 8, 2012

#essereFerrari

I feel like there is a valid Goldilocks type of argument for that sort of feel and that it’s very much up to the individual and preferences. Many people love 90s cars as the last analog cars as they are often referred to. But they have ECUs and fuel injection and most arent cable throttle either. Once you admit you aren’t going for an objective best performance measure and just a more visceral feel of something you like, it basically opens the door for any point in the spectrum to be correct.

I will give you that it does certainly erode any argument of trying to say my point on the spectrum is best and deriding those that pic further or lower on the spectrum though. Being a pompous rear end about the chosen inflection point is kind of dumb. (Even though as I say this I know I get real dumb and yells at clouds about many things, maybe time for deeper self reflection?)

TheBacon
Feb 8, 2012

#essereFerrari

KYOON GRIFFEY JR posted:

I've had the Goodyear Eagle F1 before and didn't care for it. They wore quickly and weren't so grippy.

I'm partial to the PS4S for big car high performance tire but that's ICE M5. I'm not sure if there's a specific reason to buy a designated EV tire. I guess EVs tend to be even heavier. I know the Tesla Model S runs (or ran) PS4S as the performance tire package.

Arent EV specific tires also usually made with emphasis on less rolling resistance to squeeze out more range?

TheBacon
Feb 8, 2012

#essereFerrari

KYOON GRIFFEY JR posted:

yes but do you think that low rolling resistance comes from nowhere? you trade grip for lower rolling resistance.

if I had a Taycan I'd probably take a little more grip on a better summer tire for a few miles of range, but that is a personal tradeoff.

I 100% would too. I know Jason Cammisa put PS4S on his e-golf and was hitting like over 1G lateral and raving about it, but cost a lot of milage for his car at least.

TheBacon
Feb 8, 2012

#essereFerrari

Residency Evil posted:

Some pics after a detail!

:swoon:

man I love that color

TheBacon
Feb 8, 2012

#essereFerrari

Gorgeous, that seems like an ideal coast carver or canyon carver!

Second the clear side markers though if you want to change the appearance a bit.

TheBacon
Feb 8, 2012

#essereFerrari

:hellyeah: congrats!

TheBacon
Feb 8, 2012

#essereFerrari

Last summer I went to the sierras a bit lower Toe, I met my friend in Tracy and we took 2 lane back roads all the way to placerville and back in a day and it was a pretty great ride even with things being closed. Not sure if it was just covid summer but the roads there were all super open, especially compared to Santa Cruz mountains at the same time.

TheBacon
Feb 8, 2012

#essereFerrari

Owns willroc!

TheBacon
Feb 8, 2012

#essereFerrari

slidebite, talk to me about your bike, is that a zx14?

TheBacon
Feb 8, 2012

#essereFerrari

Looks comfy as all hell, have you done much touring on it? Seems like it would be awesome to take the length of the west coast or go across west-east. I imagine there have to be some great cross canada highways with all that nature between population centers?

TheBacon
Feb 8, 2012

#essereFerrari

slidebite posted:

Just the odd day trip really and maybe up north to visit the folks in the summer instead of driving the truck or family car.

Generally like down to Kalispell, Glacier, Waterton park and areas in between. Canada is pretty god drat boring east/west once you get out of Western Alberta until you get pretty far east. I bought it from a guy in Fort McMurray years back and the ride home was ironically the longest single ride I've done.

It is a bit of a missile. If you overly twist the wrist it will happily begin to lift the front end until the traction control promptly senses a difference in wheel speed and cuts power.

But, I guess that's not really a Porsche thread discussion and of limited interest here :)

Heh, I definitely am familiar with the whoopsie wheelie

I think it owns, so thanks for indulging me :)

TheBacon
Feb 8, 2012

#essereFerrari

Wait. I thought the GT1 was designed initially the first like two prototypes using 993 front end since it was based on that car, and that they just updated the headlights to match the new design direction for the upcoming 996. That’s roughly what Catchpole was saying in his holy trinity series on carfection a couple weeks ago.

TheBacon
Feb 8, 2012

#essereFerrari

:laffo: get flexed on

TheBacon
Feb 8, 2012

#essereFerrari

H110Hawk posted:

I love the fat rear end on it in a way that I don't for the panamera for some reason. I don't know why anyone would buy a model s when this thing exists. Now they just need to make it into a station wagon. :kimchi:

They make it in cross turismo, so little cladding and a little higher but it’s drat close and probably the closest we’ll see. But who knows maybe a sport turismo will come

TheBacon
Feb 8, 2012

#essereFerrari

Bajaha posted:

Punish me Porsche daddy. You're worth it.

:hmmyes:

TheBacon
Feb 8, 2012

#essereFerrari

RoyalScion posted:

It's just a YMMV thing.

Front plates are required in CA but I've never used mine; I don't think the police (in my area at least) will pull you over just for not having one, although I would expect if you're pulled over for some other infraction they'll cite you for the missing plate too.

Ive gotten tickets from parking enforcement in SF for $120 for no front plate and no reduction upon correction, then 3 miles south living in Daly City I got one from street cleaning enforcement (I was on the correct side but i guess they decided since they were in the area v0v) it was $35 but with proof of correction $10.

In general I’ve mostly heard it as add on or whatever else or in lieu of whatever worse thing they pulled you over for like mentioned. But I’m also pretty sure if I weren’t white I’d be a lot more likely to have a different set of hearsay on it and experience.

TheBacon
Feb 8, 2012

#essereFerrari

I’m gonna get WAGOON to really own everyone!!1

TheBacon
Feb 8, 2012

#essereFerrari

Alarbus posted:

But then you have to move north

I mean…that is in the works :ninja:

TheBacon fucked around with this message at 03:23 on Aug 26, 2021

TheBacon
Feb 8, 2012

#essereFerrari

Looks really good!

TheBacon
Feb 8, 2012

#essereFerrari

Ranzear posted:

Not too relevant on older cars, but PDK will get listed as automatic too, which can get super weird on different models between 2008 and 2010.

I even looked at a Cayman listed as a 2010 that had a tiptronic. It was red and black even. Huge disappointment.

And alternatively SMG can get listed as manual :/ hell occasionally the ZF 6 speed auto in E9X would get listed as manual when I was looking

They really need a 3 pedal option or something to distinguish and have 3 options for transmissions

TheBacon
Feb 8, 2012

#essereFerrari

Man the air cooled market is absolutely insane, just gonna forget ever experiencing owning one lmao

https://bringatrailer.com/listing/1997-porsche-911-66/

TheBacon
Feb 8, 2012

#essereFerrari

Looks very good my guy, time for a nice morning drive!

TheBacon
Feb 8, 2012

#essereFerrari

Okay Porsche make this you cowards

https://www.instagram.com/p/CWXk4YJrUCa/?utm_medium=copy_link

TheBacon
Feb 8, 2012

#essereFerrari

Ranzear posted:

I'll be honest, I thought the Panamera was rear-engined for the longest time, like it was a stretched 911 wagon with everything nicely packed under the floor in the back. New Taycan wagon fits the bill.

I do like the sport turismo a lot, the taycan one sucks though because it is the slightly lifted + black plastic cladding "off road" cross turismo :/

TheBacon
Feb 8, 2012

#essereFerrari

Residency Evil posted:

Check again!

Starting at only $133k

DO HO HO I have been corrected! Well poo poo

TheBacon
Feb 8, 2012

#essereFerrari

I am an absolute SUCKER for carmine red

TheBacon
Feb 8, 2012

#essereFerrari

I don’t think I really care about the user friendliness of the packaging for a race car? It seems like if you are in the market to actually run one, driveway oil changes are probably not on the list of important features.

TheBacon
Feb 8, 2012

#essereFerrari

I mean I think the superveloce is extremely pretty, especially the Alpine edition :kiss:

That looks like some special edition Brutale and is kind of ugly to me

I’d also love an older F4, Senna edition is amazing.

TheBacon
Feb 8, 2012

#essereFerrari

Greens >>>> shark blue. But I am not really a fan of that blue (or any of the lighterish ones really)

TheBacon
Feb 8, 2012

#essereFerrari

Residency Evil posted:

I just wonder if the darker greens work as well with the carbon fiber/aggressiveness of the 4RS.

Speed yellow, problem solved :colbert:

Or, more obviously, brown so you can’t even see the CF and then you’ll totally be ‘stealth’

TheBacon
Feb 8, 2012

#essereFerrari

dema posted:

Nice amount of power and easy to drive car. Sure, maybe it would be overly expensive for a 17 year old that had just been driving for a year. Especially if you expect them to ding it up.

But, I suspect Steakandchips is older than that and has motorcycle road experience.

To be fair, not that much more motorcycle experience either!

Congrats steak on whatever life circumstances thing changed a couple years ago that seems to have brought you so comfortably into the realm of nice toys!

TheBacon
Feb 8, 2012

#essereFerrari

Tell him if he wants, I can hold on to his 812 for him no charge

TheBacon
Feb 8, 2012

#essereFerrari

slidebite posted:

Only graphics allowed on a car are when they're part of a cigarette logo :colbert:

Or liquor logo

TheBacon
Feb 8, 2012

#essereFerrari

Do you have to be a Porsche owner for that experience if you know RE? That sounded baller as hell and I think I would be willing to find $3k plus flights for that sort of fun.

I got to do some vendor trackday thing here at a mediocre track in the Seattle area and their normal pricing was like $500 for 3 hot laps with instructor in car and you couldn’t even take them out of automatic mode.

TheBacon
Feb 8, 2012

#essereFerrari

Residency Evil posted:

Nope, open to anyone as long as the check clears!

And yeah, it's tough to say it's a "value," but Skip Barber's 3 day program is 6.5k:

https://skipbarber.motorsportreg.co...5838.1668190181

:shrug:

Oh man rip my wallet that sounds like a loving hoot. My birthday next year too heh

TheBacon
Feb 8, 2012

#essereFerrari

:drat:

TheBacon
Feb 8, 2012

#essereFerrari

slidebite posted:

Can we put our finger on what gen the 911 moved from "sports car" to "sporty GT?"

991 imo, or I could say water cooling made them bloated heh. The real answer is 991 though I am pretty sure.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TheBacon
Feb 8, 2012

#essereFerrari

CAT INTERCEPTOR posted:

It's on my to do list for today

:glomp: