Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
H.P. Hovercraft
Jan 12, 2004

one thing a computer can do that most humans can't is be sealed up in a cardboard box and sit in a warehouse
Slippery Tilde

ugh they closed the cave since they couldn't retrieve the corpse

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

H.P. Hovercraft
Jan 12, 2004

one thing a computer can do that most humans can't is be sealed up in a cardboard box and sit in a warehouse
Slippery Tilde

Kuvo posted:

cant wait to put my brain in a robot body

say you put your brain in a robot body and there's a war. robots versus humans. what side are you on?

H.P. Hovercraft
Jan 12, 2004

Slippery Tilde

Chorrax posted:

and she is also the daughter of a billionaire IRL so I just can never really respect her.

H.P. Hovercraft
Jan 12, 2004

Slippery Tilde

prefect posted:

i remember when i went to college, tuition was actually less than half the total cost. everything else was some kind of fee

same tho i was exempt from those due to pell grants

thx LSU for tryin to do an end run around state school tuition reqs

tuition there has literally doubled since i graduated in 2007 lol

H.P. Hovercraft
Jan 12, 2004

Slippery Tilde

BangersInMyKnickers posted:

the total cost per credit to educate students has been flat when adjusted for inflation for decades. states lower funding and tuition jumps up proportionally because you can't just magically expect budgets to deflate overnight. college and universities used to employ armies of unskilled clerical staff to handle admissions and all the other internal bureaucracy stuff. computers came in an automated that mass of people out of a job and in their place are a bunch of computers and IT people who are classified as "administration" making somewhat more individually than the army of grunts were making before them, and the difference gets sucked up in hardware/energy costs and the disproportionally inflated salaries of middle/upper management. everyone should take issue with the last bit but higher ed isn't an idiot money burning factory that you keep making it out to be and the internal waste of higher ed, government, and private sector are all in line with each other when you look at organizations of comparable scale

H.P. Hovercraft
Jan 12, 2004

Slippery Tilde
i crushed the poo poo outta the dean's hand when he handed me my paper at commencement

H.P. Hovercraft
Jan 12, 2004

Slippery Tilde

Chorrax posted:

We didn't have any frats, and we were also ranked like the 2nd safest campus in the USA. Talking like 4,000 students.

when i started at lsu there was a total enrollment of around 35k students and two serial killers were runnin around hacking them up

but hey the frats only manage to kill a pledge like once a decade so that's not too bad i guess

H.P. Hovercraft
Jan 12, 2004

Slippery Tilde

Dr. Phildo posted:

I want some moebius books but I don't know where to start and all the anthologies I find are in horrible french

this is the version you want of the incal

H.P. Hovercraft
Jan 12, 2004

Slippery Tilde

H.P. Hovercraft
Jan 12, 2004

Slippery Tilde

i can't wait to get the first piece of junkmail addressed to Dr. & Mrs. Hovercraft

H.P. Hovercraft
Jan 12, 2004

Slippery Tilde

they were supposed to be gay lovers, right?

H.P. Hovercraft
Jan 12, 2004

Slippery Tilde

Jonny 290 posted:

eh i always just read em as nonbinary

lol

mr the plague is an academy award winning filmmaker

H.P. Hovercraft
Jan 12, 2004

Slippery Tilde

FutuerBear posted:

THURSDAY NIGHT FELLAS!

tities

H.P. Hovercraft
Jan 12, 2004

Slippery Tilde
thursday nite readin up in this piece

H.P. Hovercraft
Jan 12, 2004

Slippery Tilde

H.P. Hovercraft
Jan 12, 2004

Slippery Tilde

MORE CURLY FRIES posted:

tbh even if it was just verbal abuse in public over buttes i wouldnt expect to get off

H.P. Hovercraft
Jan 12, 2004

Slippery Tilde

fart simpson posted:

so the thing i read about this was basically they predict mini black holes will form in a certain situation if we really do live in a 3 dimensional universe. if they find mini black holes forming with significantly less energy required than that, then it might be evidence for "parallel dimensions" ie the universe might have more than 3 dimensions. it's basically a test for evidence for or against string theory being a thing, not like the comic book multiverses described in that title

here, learn you some stuff about extra dimensions

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BMvT2sriq34

H.P. Hovercraft
Jan 12, 2004

Slippery Tilde

wesley snypes posted:

i thought string theory had been largely abandoned already

you're thinking of loop quantum gravity

H.P. Hovercraft
Jan 12, 2004

Slippery Tilde

H.P. Hovercraft
Jan 12, 2004

Slippery Tilde

H.P. Hovercraft
Jan 12, 2004

Slippery Tilde

Citizen Tayne posted:

Jesus Christ the British are hideous

don't forget the accent that guy certainly has

H.P. Hovercraft
Jan 12, 2004

Slippery Tilde

H.P. Hovercraft
Jan 12, 2004

Slippery Tilde

compuserved posted:

i want to compose them with other images to make a new gif.

please don't

H.P. Hovercraft
Jan 12, 2004

Slippery Tilde

Linux Pirate posted:

just a reminder

H.P. Hovercraft
Jan 12, 2004

Slippery Tilde

H.P. Hovercraft
Jan 12, 2004

Slippery Tilde

who are you

H.P. Hovercraft
Jan 12, 2004

Slippery Tilde

Beast of Bourbon posted:

how'd they get it to shift like that

they hit him w/ cold water

H.P. Hovercraft
Jan 12, 2004

Slippery Tilde

H.P. Hovercraft
Jan 12, 2004

Slippery Tilde

H.P. Hovercraft
Jan 12, 2004

Slippery Tilde

NoneMoreNegative posted:

I would much sooner a itty bitty bob or even a mournful bob over an awful bolt-on job with a wide flat cleavage you could stand a round of drinks on. ladies, don't do it pls.

habeeb it

H.P. Hovercraft
Jan 12, 2004

Slippery Tilde

Cat Face Joe posted:

*sprays u with faygo*

H.P. Hovercraft
Jan 12, 2004

Slippery Tilde

H.P. Hovercraft
Jan 12, 2004

Slippery Tilde

H.P. Hovercraft
Jan 12, 2004

Slippery Tilde

H.P. Hovercraft
Jan 12, 2004

Slippery Tilde

H.P. Hovercraft
Jan 12, 2004

Slippery Tilde
choo choo

H.P. Hovercraft
Jan 12, 2004

Slippery Tilde

Broken Machine posted:

I always get the certified humane eggs, so I know the chickens are happy and not in battery cages. Also they've found that happier chickens lay eggs that are slightly healthier.

their yolks are yellower and noticeably more firm

i spotted this last weekend on stanford's campus

H.P. Hovercraft
Jan 12, 2004

Slippery Tilde

DOWN JACKET FETISH posted:

a chance to make your dick famous AND useful

iirc they had to lock picture uploads for all kindsa things like ejaculate and gangsigns b/c people were having upload wars for getting *their selfie* of a handful of cum/fingers spellin out BLOODS

H.P. Hovercraft
Jan 12, 2004

Slippery Tilde

soy milk is spanish for "i am milk"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

H.P. Hovercraft
Jan 12, 2004

Slippery Tilde

atomicthumbs posted:

so do the borg have dicks? do they use their dicks? do they just leave them there, idle? did starfleet have to replicate a prosthetic dick for picard?

nah they cut off one of your arms and yank out an eye and gently caress up your organs

but they just bolt the armor on right over your remaining clothing and presumably your dilz

• Locked thread