Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
PantsBandit
Oct 26, 2007

it is both a monkey and a boombox
My friend and I need a new badass coop game to play. We finished Divinity, got burnt out on FC4 and though Portal 2 is fun it makes me feel stupid sometimes and I don't like that.

What are some sick nasty coop games. Preferably $15 or under.

Oh and we're definitely gonna get Hotline Miami 2, pumped for that.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

PantsBandit
Oct 26, 2007

Ori and teh Blind Forest is loving gorgeous and controls really well but it's got its head pretty far up its rear end.

Still, way better game than Hotlne Miami 2.

PantsBandit
Oct 26, 2007

It's called cyberpunk: 2077 because that's when it's going to come out.

In 2077.

PantsBandit
Oct 26, 2007

Minecraft

PantsBandit
Oct 26, 2007

The only game I've ever bought on Steam (other than indie games for pennies) that I have no interest in playing ever is Overlord 1. It was cheap and I bought it but I played like an hour of the second one that I got in the same bundle and it was awful.

PantsBandit
Oct 26, 2007

I have a framed picture of batman and feel no shame in it because why should I feel bad for loving batman? Same with videogames if you ask me, frankly.

PantsBandit
Oct 26, 2007

Excels posted:

at least it's not Blue Dragon though.

I remember thinking BD was kinda fun. Never ended up finishing it though.

PantsBandit
Oct 26, 2007

Bicyclops posted:

Tidus: I'd like a whis - a scot....

*flashback*

Jecht: You can't do it, kid! You'll always be a crybaby!

Tidus: Just give me a milk.

You didn't flash back forward. What, is he asking for a milk in the past? This is why they don't listen to you people about vg stories :smug:

PantsBandit
Oct 26, 2007

The Kins posted:

So who do you think will be the first group to crack the shits and start sending out death threats over the first Pillars of Eternity review to not give it a perfect score? Alpha Protocol fanatics, Fallout New Vegas fanatics or the weirdos who recommend spending hours installing 100gb of conflicting romance mods before you can truly play Baldur's Gate 2?

This is a truly insane post and the fact that you took the time to use bbcode means that you put some degree of thought into it and didn't just fart it out in some kind of feverish stupor so that's weird too.

PantsBandit
Oct 26, 2007

I've only played through the very beginning so far but I can already tell they must have written a TON of dialogue, what with all the unique options based on stats and background. Unless they just front loaded it which I'll admit a lot of rpgs do.

PantsBandit
Oct 26, 2007

Lunchmeat Larry posted:

I don't think that's fair really. Have you played it recently? It's classic-style, sure, but it has a lot of quality of life improvements like warping you to/from quest locations instead of making you run backwards and forwards across town five times per quest.

Unless you really just hate turn-based combat I guess.

What about a rapture apocalypse game. Kick satan in the balls.

Edit: I tried to respond to a post from several pages back and I quoted the wrong post entirely. Here is my shame, immortalized in the Games forum.

PantsBandit
Oct 26, 2007

When I was a kid, anime was like this. Now it's like thiiiiis?????

PantsBandit
Oct 26, 2007

Lurdiak posted:

Now you're just missing the point on purpose.

Please don't imply that FAU would do something as base as purposefully trolling the Games Chat thread.

PantsBandit
Oct 26, 2007

The Taint Reaper posted:

They're buying it but it's not going to be an annual game.

FROM will put out games excusively for Sony systems but it's going to be their entire catalog of franchises that gets rotated in. The only thing that might not get an actual new game is armored core, but King's Field will return(supposedly as a competitor to the Elder Scrolls series).

An open world RPG with combat that doesn't suck dick? I'll believe it when I see it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

PantsBandit
Oct 26, 2007

A Spider Covets posted:

i dont remember underwear being a thing but i only played Awakening. i never would have guessed that gif is from the new one??

It's not really fire emblem, it's fire emblem x shin megami.

• Locked thread