Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Adam Bowen
Jan 6, 2003

This post probably contains a Rickroll link!
Bloodborne looks pretty good, I skipped DS2 but I'm going to buy Bloodborne because the PS4 has no other games

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Adam Bowen
Jan 6, 2003

GalCiv 3 is coming out pretty soon, it's in early access now

Adam Bowen
Jan 6, 2003

Who the gently caress cares, GalCiv games are good games

Adam Bowen
Jan 6, 2003

Bicyclops posted:

the bee thing is real funny though

Yeah it is but it doesn't impact my desire to play his games or not

Adam Bowen
Jan 6, 2003

Retards gamers hate any game that isn't 90% cutscene and 10% QTE

Adam Bowen
Jan 6, 2003

Lunchmeat Larry posted:

Old games are still good and good things do not "age badly" except in very exceptional and specific ways.

look at this human being, he probably watched Citizen Kane even though it's old and Guardians of the Galaxy has way better graphics

Adam Bowen
Jan 6, 2003

That is literally how retarded people sound when they say older games aren't worth playing

Adam Bowen
Jan 6, 2003

Wow, if you're going to post the name of the creator of Law and Order could we get a loving trigger warning first? Thanks.

Adam Bowen
Jan 6, 2003

lol it's some horrible techno garbage, kill yourself please

Adam Bowen
Jan 6, 2003

Sorry that was pretty loving harsh, just beat yourself up a little or maybe break a finger or two

Adam Bowen
Jan 6, 2003

It's not like every single game has to be designed for every single person to enjoy. Your average contard probably wouldn't like any game that requires more coordination than a starfish possesses but that doesn't mean all of those games are bad.

Adam Bowen
Jan 6, 2003

I don't think that the fact that most NES games aren't great really proves anything, most PS3/360 games are pretty much complete trash.

Adam Bowen
Jan 6, 2003

I wish I had the right kind of autism for that, drawing maps for games pretty much owns

Adam Bowen
Jan 6, 2003

The proper name is actually Darku Souru

Adam Bowen
Jan 6, 2003

The combat isn't that great and distracts from the farming stuff but they're still pretty fun

Adam Bowen
Jan 6, 2003

FF9 is actually in a very tight competition for worst Final Fantasy game along with 8 and 13.

Adam Bowen
Jan 6, 2003

If you collected every possible bad trait of a Final Fantasy game in one place you'd find you just wasted a lot of time because it already existed and it was called Fainaru Fantajī Nain

Adam Bowen
Jan 6, 2003

I'm so desensitized to Final Fantasy clothing that I don't even notice anything out of the ordinary about that outfit really

Adam Bowen
Jan 6, 2003

Lurdiak posted:

Like when the FF4 DS port was being made, one of the devs gave an interview where he explained that he felt like you could get away with cliched and hammy storytelling when you had it as little sprites who fall over and disappear to show that they died and short dialogue. People would get the core of what you're conveying and fill in the blanks. But if you start going on and on and having lavishly produced cutscenes and extremely long dialogue sequences, suddenly people are gonna just examine your story in detail and all the flaws are going to stand out. You're not making the storytelling better by doing this, you're just making it take up more space in the experience.

This is really the fatal flaw of modern cinematic games. A person who is bad at writing can still create something enjoyable if they stick to the absolute basics and tell simple stories with one-dimensional characters, as long as those characters stick to that one dimension and don't talk too much. But if that person is given the tools or the budget to create something more, they're inevitably going to try because they never have enough self-awareness to realize that they're bad at story-telling.

Every person responsible for writing video games should be forced to look at themselves in a mirror every morning with "You are not good enough to write in any other medium" painted on the mirror in big bold letters. Except Kojima, because he owns and should make movies.

Adam Bowen
Jan 6, 2003

Way to mock someone for standing up against the ableocracy

Adam Bowen
Jan 6, 2003

This is a pretty ownage week for video games. Cities: Skylines, Hotline Miami 2, and Ori and the Blind Forest are all out now for PC. Codename: Steam comes out for 3DS on Friday. :hellyeah:

Adam Bowen
Jan 6, 2003

Also if you're a fan of really bad, overpriced and buggy as gently caress games, Battlefield Hardline is here. For an extra $50 you can get access to the entire game, spread out over the next year

Adam Bowen
Jan 6, 2003

Did you play the demo? I downloaded it but I haven't tried it yet, I just assume being made by the Fire Emblem team means it's going to be good.

Adam Bowen
Jan 6, 2003

Seinfeld and Video Games is the ultimate combination

Adam Bowen
Jan 6, 2003

"Ubisoft Weekend" lol

but Anno 2070, Might and Magic X, and Game of the Decade Rayman Legends are all for sale at least

Adam Bowen
Jan 6, 2003

It's also pretty cool how 75% of the sale screen is taken up by trash DLC. Buy some resources for AssCreed IV for $1 and you can save yourself from having to actually play the game

Adam Bowen
Jan 6, 2003

Even the boat parts aren't that great, and you have to do a lot of not boat stuff to get there. At best, the boat parts are like a really bad and shallow version of Pirates! which you can play instead.

Adam Bowen
Jan 6, 2003

Ori and the Blind Forest is hella good, it's on PC not just the bone so go buy it

Adam Bowen
Jan 6, 2003

The reviews for Codename: STEAM look pretty decent though. Nobody is saying it's absolutely amazing but few people are saying it's not worth playing.

Adam Bowen
Jan 6, 2003

Famously overrated strategy RPG Final Fantasy Tactics takes loving forever to finish a single turn but nobody seems to care about that

Adam Bowen
Jan 6, 2003

Everyone who bought that crappy new Final Fantasy spin-off game just to play the demo to the inevitably terrible FF15 please fess up now so we can make fun of you

Adam Bowen
Jan 6, 2003

Accordion Man posted:

Final Fantasy hasn't been really good since 9. 12 was solid though.

You seem to have accidentally turned your 6 upside down and implied that Final Fantasy 9 was a good game, please correct that so everyone doesn't think you're a drooling retard who posts by pounding his fat retard face against the keyboard

Adam Bowen
Jan 6, 2003

FactsAreUseless posted:

Final Fantasy 9 is a good game, and it's fun to play.

I can't reply to this post yet because I have to wait another 45 seconds for it to load

Adam Bowen
Jan 6, 2003

FactsAreUseless posted:

Final Fantasy 9 is a good game, and it's fun to play.

Ok it loaded, this is a bad post

Adam Bowen
Jan 6, 2003

14 owns, for an MMO

Adam Bowen
Jan 6, 2003

13 is a horrible game but at least it has this

Adam Bowen
Jan 6, 2003

Sounds like you're feeling down, need a pick-me-up?

Adam Bowen
Jan 6, 2003

Probably the feminati used their influence to stop him

Adam Bowen
Jan 6, 2003

Stux'd again

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Adam Bowen
Jan 6, 2003

It's a game because occasionally you have to press something

• Locked thread