Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Johnny Five-Jaces
Jan 21, 2009

This is some Commander one-man-jerkoff poo poo

edit: mastery of the unseen manifests into a whisperwood, revealing another whisperwood. jesus christ

Johnny Five-Jaces fucked around with this message at 19:36 on Mar 29, 2015

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Johnny Five-Jaces
Jan 21, 2009

You can have both Silumgars out at the same time?

Johnny Five-Jaces
Jan 21, 2009

Kyrosiris posted:

Yup, they aren't the same creature.

OH yeah, the planeswalker "legend" rule is different from the creature one

Johnny Five-Jaces
Jan 21, 2009

that elves deck owns. I hate modern so I think I am going to trade out of Twin to put that together.

Johnny Five-Jaces
Jan 21, 2009

you might say

it obliterates it

Johnny Five-Jaces
Jan 21, 2009

Owen Turtenwald seems like kind of a cock

Johnny Five-Jaces
Jan 21, 2009

Gyshall posted:

hes fat too

whoa whoa whoa let's not say anything we can't take back haha

*pulls on 4XL shirt collar*

Johnny Five-Jaces
Jan 21, 2009

I cast that card once, put three cards on the bottom of my deck, and never wavered from blinking Thragtusks ever again.

Johnny Five-Jaces
Jan 21, 2009

black potus posted:

casual format: buy some all commons repack, preferably w/ cards in languages you can't read, get drunk, shuffle in lands, play w/ taht

holy moly this is a good namechange

Johnny Five-Jaces
Jan 21, 2009

He also has a fat bee avatar in tyool 2015

Johnny Five-Jaces
Jan 21, 2009

Count Bleck posted:

I want to splash Green in Merfolk for it.

Let me live the dream.

Then you can finally have good blue creatures in your deck, such as Tarmogoyf

Johnny Five-Jaces
Jan 21, 2009

Please stop quoting Toshimo in this thread

Johnny Five-Jaces
Jan 21, 2009

okay I won't drop out this time

Johnny Five-Jaces
Jan 21, 2009

Ah yes, the tried-and-true "hope my opponent cannot read my cards when selecting a spell with targeted discard" strat

Johnny Five-Jaces
Jan 21, 2009

The coolest thing about that standard was when I got to put bonfire of the damned into Wolf Run Ramp and by coolest I mean the thing that allowed me to make the loudest fart noise

Johnny Five-Jaces
Jan 21, 2009

Ramos posted:

Remind me what kcw is short for, please.

Kind Cheese Wizard

Johnny Five-Jaces
Jan 21, 2009

Serperoth posted:

I think that Chapin-LSV-Cedric would be the Dream Team of coverage.

I think was the team that did GP Richmond

Johnny Five-Jaces
Jan 21, 2009

Alaan posted:

For whatever reason Chapin was visibly super hopped up/nervous that entire game even before anything happened and it was wrecking his play the entire time. I'm not sure I've ever seen a guy with a day 2 berth looking so rocky.

something something cocaine

Johnny Five-Jaces
Jan 21, 2009

Toshimo posted:

Look, fuckers. I know it's hip and edgy to poo poo on anyone who exhibits anything less than perfection on stream, but these dudes did fly halfway around the world to compete on camera. Sometimes dudes get jet lagged or have personal poo poo going on or or just have a bad loving day. Chapin is a known criminal, but in the context of loving Wizard Poker, I've not heard a lot of bad poo poo about him (as opposed to someone like Dezani). So, why don't you guys just clam the gently caress down for a minute and talk about some Ojutais and Silumgars and other cool loving dragons and let the dude who got a game loss for loving up and had some other assorted bad-play-itis have his bad loving day to himself. Christ.

nice meltdown

Johnny Five-Jaces
Jan 21, 2009

Ramos posted:

It's gone forever.

In fact, you have to tear it up and throw it in the garbage.

Johnny Five-Jaces
Jan 21, 2009

rabidsquid posted:

Most high level players agree that it's an extremely high level skill testing card, and it's mentally taxing to play a card like that over the course of multiple rounds or even an entire weekend. Plus nobody wants to be caught making misplays on camera, so you see all but the most confident of players shying away from these complex cards and deck types like "g/b/x" or "red cards."

lol

Johnny Five-Jaces
Jan 21, 2009

Partial Octopus posted:

We've gone over this before Steve. Ron hates money.

Vintage chat: How critical is the Black Lotus to a UR/x Delver's plan? Obviously 3 mana for free is insanely powerful in every deck but I can see a lot of games playing out where the lotus being something else doesn't really matter. I've been keeping my eye out for the on-color moxes and the two blue pieces of power and... it ain't that expensive.

Johnny Five-Jaces
Jan 21, 2009

Fuzzy Mammal posted:

Here's my buddy's ahh, 'tournament report' you could call it, from the pro tour. It's different and I think it says a lot about our community:

http://legendstech.tumblr.com/post/117807127391/the-pt-sucks

e: turns out Speck cheated in for funsies drafts too. Another friend of mine got t1'ed against him back at GP Vancouver...

point me to the parts of that wall of text that are funny or good, tia

Johnny Five-Jaces
Jan 21, 2009

oh lol I gave up on that stupid article so soon that I didn't realize he got in the classic "yeah, well I have sex :smug:" nerd jab. haha what a loving piece of garbage

Johnny Five-Jaces
Jan 21, 2009

BXCX posted:

Almost everyone still plays it out for shits n' gigs, but when presented with "you can split for a promo and 3 packs or play it out for 4 packs+promo for the winner and 2 packs for the loser" I'd argue that the person who chooses the latter is the wrong kind of person. Coincidentally, the top players at our much more competitive standard FNM almost always split since that event pays out in store credit based on standings and the gulf between being 4-0 and 3-1 can be pretty wide depending on how many people showed up.

Alternatively, crushing the person that didn't want to split 2-0 rules

Johnny Five-Jaces
Jan 21, 2009

Sigma-X posted:

realchat should I hold onto my sealed boxes of MM2 or should I crack them

stack the packs into creative shapes and sell the photographs you take of the sculptures

Johnny Five-Jaces
Jan 21, 2009

Cool, a really bad post on a really bad website. Thanks 4 dis

Johnny Five-Jaces
Jan 21, 2009

GonSmithe posted:

The best was Humility+Opalescence+March of the Machines+Mycosynth Latice+Life and Limb

Well????

Johnny Five-Jaces
Jan 21, 2009

This Jeskai Tokens player is giving me cancer

e: missed lethal two turns in a row so he could get cute on camera. cheesus crust

Johnny Five-Jaces fucked around with this message at 01:09 on May 3, 2015

Johnny Five-Jaces
Jan 21, 2009

I'm probably going to throw the modern version together because people feel really silly when they get aspect of the hydra'd

Johnny Five-Jaces fucked around with this message at 20:03 on May 3, 2015

Johnny Five-Jaces
Jan 21, 2009

What are those islands the Esper Dragons player is using on stream right now?

Johnny Five-Jaces
Jan 21, 2009

End of Life Guy posted:

Really? That's a shame. What about the most fun deck then? That Puresteel Paladin / 0-drop Equipment deck looks like a blast.

Mono Red Tron with Trash for Treasure and Trading Post

Collected Company Elves

goryo's vengeance with Narset to chain Fury of the Hordes

suicide zoo

Johnny Five-Jaces
Jan 21, 2009

Good, good, now do a reprint of that sick old frame Noble Hierarch so I can get my playset of those.

e: Yeah, for mono red tron the list was basically the last list in that Pucatrade article, except with trading posts instead of the chandras and two of the banefires. It was an old Dissolution of Eternity brew and he doesn't stream anymore, but there might be a replay on his channel.

Johnny Five-Jaces fucked around with this message at 16:31 on May 4, 2015

Johnny Five-Jaces
Jan 21, 2009

The March Hare posted:

http://hitbox.tv/marchhare

Streaming some tempest remastered drafts until I get sick of it.

are you streaming from underwater or in a tornado

Johnny Five-Jaces
Jan 21, 2009

god damnit, I knew I should have picked up collected company. cards should cost less if I they're going in a bad deck

Johnny Five-Jaces
Jan 21, 2009

Collect Call Elves :getin:

whatever, the fad will fade and I can pick it up at my leisure

e: I was unclear. I meant if *I* want to play a bad deck with a card the card should cost less

Johnny Five-Jaces
Jan 21, 2009

Nope. That's what made the play possible when CVM monstrous's his Stormbreath in combat (with a Rakdos' Return in hand) and then opponent goes Dictate of the Twin Gods, untap, Sparktrooper, kill you?

Johnny Five-Jaces
Jan 21, 2009

jassi007 posted:

I love nothing more than to see LSV playing out of his mind. I want to see him have some PT success again soon.

It helps that he drafted a completely insane deck

Johnny Five-Jaces
Jan 21, 2009

Alexander Hayne giving his Territorial Roc haste with his Kolaghan Stormsinger, just like he drew it up

oh also killed a Thundermaw Regent and a Kolaghan with a Dromoka Warrior, Abzan Runemark (not turned on), Temur Battlerage

what the gently caress happened in this draft

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Johnny Five-Jaces
Jan 21, 2009

jassi007 posted:

Honestly I should stop talking about it in this thread. My issue isn't with the natural of the crime but with the way our society treats convicted felons. I disagree with the idea that a felon has an obligation to inform everyone at an event like a GP that he is a convicted rapist.

That's because if they did that, you'd have to inform everyone at the GP of your terrible posts!!!!!!

• Locked thread