Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Cernunnos
Sep 2, 2011

ppbbbbttttthhhhh~
Man that's a disappointing thread title after the last one.

I hope most of the Mythic Dragons end up at $2 like the Mythic Khans so I can pick them up for nothing. Same for the Not-Khans.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cernunnos
Sep 2, 2011

ppbbbbttttthhhhh~

mr. mephistopheles posted:

Even the unplayable multi color gods are like $10. I think they're popular casual cards.

Karametra and Ephara are like $1, and Kruphix is like $2.50. The rest are like $5 except Keranos who see's actual play and is $10-12.

Athreos is just a weird outlier.

I wish my Karametra and Kruphix were worth $10. :negative:

Cernunnos
Sep 2, 2011

ppbbbbttttthhhhh~
Didn't one of the Fate Reforged articles straight up say that Temporal Trespass used to be like 10U or something and was changed in response to Cruise doing what it did.

Cernunnos
Sep 2, 2011

ppbbbbttttthhhhh~

Zoness posted:

Caw-Blade the deck, the format, the rotation, the banning, the lunchbox.

And, my favorite, Caw-Blade the Flamethrower.

Cernunnos
Sep 2, 2011

ppbbbbttttthhhhh~
If we get a bunch more dragons with "Whenever a dragon creature you control..." I'll really want to see some kind of Dragon-Ramp strategy.

Probably Temur with Ascendancy and Dragon Tempest as sources of Haste for your dragons and Rattleclaw Mystics for color fixing ramp. I know it'd be awful but I'd still love to see it.

Cernunnos
Sep 2, 2011

ppbbbbttttthhhhh~

jassi007 posted:

If nothing else on the finance side that thing has to be EDH gold, foils seem a great pickup. Pre-release boxes are going to two color I'd guess so good chance for that to be one of the RG promo's.

Nope. That's Kolaghan's watermark. The breathing Lightning was also a clue

Maybe the BR box will have it though.

Cernunnos
Sep 2, 2011

ppbbbbttttthhhhh~

Sigma-X posted:

Elder dragon chat - everyone who is mad that these guys are stepping on bolas are aware of another 10 elder dragons, right? Invasion and then the time spiral block ones?

They're bitching about them having the Elder type which the Invasion and Planar Chaos dragons don't have.

t:elder

jassi007 posted:

Jeez Sarkhan, sorry i'm not a Dargon master. :P

Don't mind me. I'm just :spergin: over here.

Cernunnos fucked around with this message at 05:16 on Mar 3, 2015

Cernunnos
Sep 2, 2011

ppbbbbttttthhhhh~

Mayostard posted:

I see, so it's not like the old games of the early 2000's where the top rarity level is roughly one or two in a box.

Yeah but not everything at Mythic is super great. It's mostly just the Planeswalkers and maybe 1 or 2 others.

Cernunnos
Sep 2, 2011

ppbbbbttttthhhhh~

TheKingofSprings posted:

So post Theros for the former and Never Ever for the latter two

All of those cards are leaving standard at the same time.

They might reprint Strike in Origins but Bile Blight will probably be gone for a while.

Cernunnos
Sep 2, 2011

ppbbbbttttthhhhh~
I almost don't want to see what they put on Silumgar's Command. Ojutai's is good but not breaking the bank like Cryptic was. I get the feeling Silumgar's might come close.

Cernunnos
Sep 2, 2011

ppbbbbttttthhhhh~

TheKingofSprings posted:

All it needed was to not specify a graveyard and then it would be incredibly playable in control. Cantripping Goyf Grabber sounds like a fairly strong thing and it gives some added utility vs. burn

White doesn't take things from other graveyards that's more Blacks thing.

Cernunnos
Sep 2, 2011

ppbbbbttttthhhhh~

rabidsquid posted:

Remanding your own spell in a counter war is kind of fun, especially if its being countered by something with value like Cryptic or a Flusterstorm you could never beat.

At the Open this past weekend we saw a stack of: Goyf > Opposing Remand targeting Goyf > Remand targeting Goyf > Opposing Remand targeting first Opposing Remand.

That was a little bizarre to watch and also kinda impressive.

Cernunnos
Sep 2, 2011

ppbbbbttttthhhhh~

rabidsquid posted:

I once splashed an INDEX and a Jace Memory Adept in R/B off of literal two islands, but this was 4 pack sealed where Memory Adept may be the most powerful limited card in any format, and where I was more likely to be rewarded for my extreme greed. I was.

If you have proper fixing that's not really a splash, that's just your deck.

Jace Memory Adept is nuts in Limited yeah. Similarly Sword of Body and Mind.

Anything that says Mill 10 and can be easily repeated is stupid good. We had a guy passed Jace pack 3 in a Chaos Draft (everyone picks any 3 packs) at our store and we all just :catstare: at the guy who passed it to him.

Cernunnos
Sep 2, 2011

ppbbbbttttthhhhh~

Entropic posted:

Are there clear sleeves designed to go over top of normal sized sleeves (which could have perfect fits inside them already) to protect them or did I just imagine that in a fever dream?

Yes KMC Character Guards I believe.

Cernunnos
Sep 2, 2011

ppbbbbttttthhhhh~
My LGS manager has Doge sleeves with clear sleeves over them with the "much <X>, very <Y>, so <Z>" on them.

He uses these sleeves for his EDH UW Grand Arbiter control deck. :v:

Cernunnos
Sep 2, 2011

ppbbbbttttthhhhh~

Count Bleck posted:

All this talk about card protection is making me think about getting a new binder.
How's this for cringe:
I'm currently using an old 3 ring with some ultrapro pages, I have a bunch of 30-40 dollar rares in there, no sleeves.

My shocklands and fetches are also stuck in stacks of 2, again no sleeves.

Any suggestions on better practice besides get a not poo poo binder?

You can keep using the 3-ring binder and pages (assuming it's not too bulky for you) but at least sleeve those cards.

Cernunnos
Sep 2, 2011

ppbbbbttttthhhhh~
Foils do weigh more than regular cards but we're talking fractions of grams here. Unnoticeable to a human scaling by hand.

Maybe you have a gift? :v:

Cernunnos
Sep 2, 2011

ppbbbbttttthhhhh~

Starving Autist posted:

Random thought: In Tempest Remastered, I hope they print Portcullis as a mythic. That card was an insane limited bomb, though not unbeatable since it requires that you be ahead on board when you play it, and it's hard but not impossible to get around it (for example with creature removal).

They seem to be pretty good at balancing Limited only environments (mostly, putting Battle Screech at Common in VMA, down from Uncommon in Judgement, is probably their biggest miss from what I've heard) so if it's in the set it'll probably be at an appropriate rarity.

Cernunnos
Sep 2, 2011

ppbbbbttttthhhhh~

Scroll Rack reprint? :v:

Cernunnos
Sep 2, 2011

ppbbbbttttthhhhh~
Buy-a-box Promo:

Cernunnos
Sep 2, 2011

ppbbbbttttthhhhh~

Mercury Crusader posted:

My brother is actually going to do the same thing. Between Foundry Street Denizen, Dragon Fodder, Hordeling Outburst, and Goblin Rabblemaster, hell I kind of want to build that also

Don't forget Mardu Scout. :getin:

Cernunnos
Sep 2, 2011

ppbbbbttttthhhhh~
Reprint Path in Dragons.

And then I'll be sad when it has new art that's cooler than my Event Deck/Modern Masters ones. :(

Cernunnos
Sep 2, 2011

ppbbbbttttthhhhh~

Angry Grimace posted:

The order of cards by color and type always stays the same and is listed in alphabetical order. Basic lands are numbered separately from nonbasic lands and put at the very end (there are always 3 of each basic in large sets). Therefore, if Evolving Wilds is 249/264, there aren't any non-basics after it.

That doesn't exclude nonbasics alphabetically before Evolving Wilds. Though it does exclude the Enemy Fetches.

Cernunnos
Sep 2, 2011

ppbbbbttttthhhhh~
When we get the Arcana article that tells us how many Basics are in the set (or any article showing a non-basic in a slot we expected a Basic, like #252 or something) we'll know (roughly) how many non-basics are in the set but until then it's all wild speculation.

Cernunnos
Sep 2, 2011

ppbbbbttttthhhhh~

goferchan posted:

I wasn't playing then but you made me look it up, and then the comments on Gatherer referred me to Gnaw To The Bone, and holy poo poo Archangel's Light is a horrible, horrible card

What we got was a last minute replacement for something else.

Cernunnos
Sep 2, 2011

ppbbbbttttthhhhh~

Irony Be My Shield posted:

It's in red though, which doesn't usually get that kind of mana ramp. That into turn 3 Thunderbreak into turn 4 Stormbreath seems sweet as hell, although probably not reliable enough to really work.

You either end up playing that guy T2 and curve out or play Dragon Tempest T2 and give your T4 Thunderbreak Haste and get some extra damage in.

Cernunnos
Sep 2, 2011

ppbbbbttttthhhhh~
/\/\/\: If Stormbreaths weren't obscenely priced compared to the rest of the deck I'd probably build something like that just to dick around with.

Starving Autist posted:

Or you draw it on turn 6 and silently weep.

I never said they were good or going to shake up standard. Just that they were "a thing you could do."

Cernunnos fucked around with this message at 02:26 on Mar 5, 2015

Cernunnos
Sep 2, 2011

ppbbbbttttthhhhh~

Fuzzy Mammal posted:

Not any more!

MegaMorph still makes a facedown 2/2. They just get a +1/+1 counter when they flip.

The creature is supposed to be a :ssh: secret :ssh: and if MegaMorph made them 3/3s there wouldn't be much secret there.

Cernunnos
Sep 2, 2011

ppbbbbttttthhhhh~
What would the EV of a pack of DTK be at release if they reprinted Force of Will in it? :signings:

Cernunnos
Sep 2, 2011

ppbbbbttttthhhhh~
I would run 4-of Zurgo over my Firedancers honestly.

I'm gonna miss Crowd's Favor more than Foundry Street Denizen when M15 rotates personally. Also Satyr Hoplite, Titan's Strength, Dragon Mantle, Hammerhand, and Coordinated Assault.

Man my whole Sligh deck dies to rotation. I'll have to build a deck with a curve and poo poo. :smith:

Cernunnos fucked around with this message at 20:31 on Mar 5, 2015

Cernunnos
Sep 2, 2011

ppbbbbttttthhhhh~

qbert posted:

Weird. There's already alternate art version of Dragonlord's Servant?

https://twitter.com/marshall_lr/status/573554454651273216

http://mythicspoiler.com/dtk/cards/dragonlordsservant.html

Is there like a whole comic strip of this little dude's adventures?

That's the one that's in the set proper. The other one we saw earlier was the alternate art one you can get from the dice game at Pre-release.

Cernunnos
Sep 2, 2011

ppbbbbttttthhhhh~

Molybdenum posted:

What was the selection criteria for urza block reserved list cards?

Example: goblin welder: not reserved
grim monolith: reserved.

Like 80% of the entire Reserved List was picked at random.

Cernunnos
Sep 2, 2011

ppbbbbttttthhhhh~
They seem to be pushing for a new (or underused) Tribe every block to be playable. Minotaurs was T2 but fun as hell, Warriors is/was the same.

Cernunnos
Sep 2, 2011

ppbbbbttttthhhhh~
So today we have our regularly scheduled spoilers in like an hour and change, and later we get PAX spoilers (which will probably just be Sarkhan and Origins stuff) right?

Cernunnos
Sep 2, 2011

ppbbbbttttthhhhh~

Some Numbers posted:

You're probably missing that it says "another?"

2 of them + a Bolster card makes them infinitely large (bolster on one > trigger the other > trigger the first > trigger the other > Ad Nauseam)

It's magical-christmas-land as all hell but I'd love to get to do it at pre-release/release day sealed. :v:

Cernunnos
Sep 2, 2011

ppbbbbttttthhhhh~

Gensuki posted:

I have two coins whose value is 30 cents. One of them is not a nickel.

Another enduring scalelord is still another creature. You give anything a +1/+1 counter and then they both trigger off of that. Then they trigger off of each other. Then they trigger off each other. Then they trigger off of each other...

Each instance of the ability is a seperate instance of putting a +1/+1 counter on a creature you control, and thus triggers another instance of their ability until your opponent breaks the fun and wraths you, or until you time out in mtgo.

It's a "may" trigger so you can stop at any time.

Cernunnos
Sep 2, 2011

ppbbbbttttthhhhh~

Starving Autist posted:

I don't understand spanish beyond a couple words, but google translates the flavor text as "was tortured by honoring their ancestors; now walks among them" which maybe means she was just experiencing internal conflict over the ancestor worship stuff that Dromoka isn't cool with?

I think it may be in reference to the old Anafenza maybe? So far she's the only previous Khan to have Flavor Text so it's difficult to say what they were going for.

Also Narset is ruining my plans to collect all the Khans and Dragonlords on the cheap. :argh:

Cernunnos
Sep 2, 2011

ppbbbbttttthhhhh~

Dehtraen posted:

"Settle down with a bag of Doritos, Mountain Dew, and a dream theater cd" - Patrick Sullivan on the Gw mirror

At least this one will end with a time call and not go on to like a 1 hour game 1 unlike the last time he had to sit through Whisperwood + Mastery. :v:

Cernunnos
Sep 2, 2011

ppbbbbttttthhhhh~
Maybe they'll reprint Rain of Gore or make something like it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cernunnos
Sep 2, 2011

ppbbbbttttthhhhh~

Entropic posted:

I'm watching the replay, and is it just me, or is the commentary way better this GP?

Do you mean "SCG's commentary is better than Wizards' commentary" or do you mean "the commentary on this SCG hosted GP is better than their previous GP" (Orlando I think?)?

The former is because Wizards' commentators are (mostly) just bad, and the latter may have to do with the format they're commentating on. Standard is kinda Cedric and Patrick's deal at this point so they know its in and outs pretty well but Orlando was a Limited GP.

• Locked thread