Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
mandatory lesbian
Dec 18, 2012
every new card will be good

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mandatory lesbian
Dec 18, 2012
every new card will be bad

mandatory lesbian
Dec 18, 2012
some of the cards will be good, some of them bad

mandatory lesbian
Dec 18, 2012
there, I can point to one of those 3 posts and go I told you so in 3 weeks

mandatory lesbian
Dec 18, 2012

Attorney at Funk posted:

This is hosed up and not true.

:twisted:

Angry Grimace posted:

I like hearing the FFL stories they tell and things that caused cards to get cut from the set. That was how Warleader's Helix ended up in DGM - the card was a Lightning Helix reprint, and then everyone in the FFL started running UWR with Helix and Snapcaster Mage and then they said, "let's not print this." They already had the card art ready to go, so they designed a less playable version last minute that would be able to use Lightning Helix art, but not be Lightning Helix.

I'm alright with that one, Helix is an absurd card

then again, imagine that W/R standard Burn deck that had Boros Charm with Helix *I whisper "the value" as tears start streaming from my eyes*

mandatory lesbian
Dec 18, 2012

Entropic posted:

http://magic.wizards.com/en/articles/archive/latest-developments/days-future-future-fate-reforged-2015-02-27
Whenever they post FFL decklists I always wonder how much it's warped by things having different stats or mana costs or what have you in development. Some of their lists just look obviously weird. A UB control deck that runs Temporal Tresspass and Worst Fears but only 2 Dig Through Time?

That U/B control deck has Cruel Edict in it...just pointing it out, deffo not saying it's gonna get reprinted in Dragons or anything...

mandatory lesbian
Dec 18, 2012

Entropic posted:

It says right underneath the decklist that Cruel Edict was originally in Fate Reforged but got cut.

Oh wow, I did not notice that, how unfortunate. Edicts are cool.

mandatory lesbian
Dec 18, 2012

Zoness posted:

C'mon didn't you watch DBZ? Frieza's final form is way smaller than his second and third forms.

This checks out, Kid Buu is smaller then Majin buu as well.

mandatory lesbian
Dec 18, 2012
That dragon seems really good. Like way too good for what they normally put in Red. Does Red have any other 4/4 fliers for 4 without a drawback that I've forgotten about?

mandatory lesbian
Dec 18, 2012

mcmagic posted:

The deck that is going to want to counter a stoke to the face or a creature isn't going to really care that much about the tempo factors of bringing back a Soulfire or a Seeker that you're bringing up. I think the majority of the decks that will play this won't have a legal target for the return a 2 power creature from the GY mode. Jeskai aggro would LOVE to be able to protect their MantisRider/Seeker/Soulfire/Rabblemaster from a kill spell and draw a card...

Technically, it does protect Seeker/Soulfire/Rabble from a killspell. Well, unless Anafenza is on the other side of the table.

mandatory lesbian
Dec 18, 2012

I Love You! posted:

Not rabble!

gently caress, I read it as two-power not 2 CMC, lol I'm looking forward to doing this for all the commands once i see them

mcmagic posted:

It doesn't though. You don't get to keep attacking if it dies in combat and you don't get Seeker's Prowess and Lifelink.

you know what i meant :p

mandatory lesbian
Dec 18, 2012

I Love You! posted:

^^Jeskai tokens is a very good deck with a few important weaknesses, anything that shores up those weaknesses could catapult it back into the realm of T1. Jeskai control was also once a very good deck and could be once again.

Guys I think in the wake of these ho-hum cards we are missing the real discussion which is how the return of Rebound totally makes Goblinslide and Scroll of the Masters the hottest tech in the magic multiverse

Yeah can't wait to do that in limited...oh wait....

mandatory lesbian
Dec 18, 2012

Swagger Dagger posted:

This is assuming the biorhythm ability is going to be useless 99% of the time.

If all else fails, I don't think you have to worry about this being an incorrect thing to assume.

mandatory lesbian
Dec 18, 2012

En Fuego posted:

I was hoping that she would be tri-color, but I am really okay with this card. Narset is so awesome.

I need to read the Uncharted Realms, but it seems like not accessing the R mana that is inherently within her causes the spark? That would be a neat reason.

This song is literally what happened

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1bG6PPQyxyI

mandatory lesbian
Dec 18, 2012

Angry Grimace posted:

I don't know that "you have a 50/50 chance to draw a card" is a great use of 4 mana, and in control her -2 is basically just double-Treasure Cruise.

Do you think Double Treasure Cruise is bad?

mandatory lesbian
Dec 18, 2012

bhsman posted:

e:fb but Narset is really cool.

:lol: I didn't think you'd still be butthurt about me mentioning Goblinslide a whole day later, but here we are.

you might think that guy was trolling you, but really, he was trolling angry grimace

mandatory lesbian
Dec 18, 2012

bhsman posted:

There was an entire spat yesterday where he assured me he wasn't making a personal attack and then called me mad for people insulting a pet card that I already admitted wasn't great, so yeah.

I know I read it, that guy you quoted was actually on your side

mandatory lesbian
Dec 18, 2012

mcmagic posted:

Narset's rebound ability would be pretty nuts in Jeskai Tokens with Acendency out...

I agree, but I don't know why you quoted me for this post

mandatory lesbian
Dec 18, 2012

Big Ol Marsh Pussy posted:

Narset + doubling season is going to lead to so much EDH salt

That's a spicy meatball, ouch

mandatory lesbian
Dec 18, 2012

that is some busy as hell art, i'd like to see it blown up

mandatory lesbian
Dec 18, 2012

Zoness posted:

Tarkir 3.33: You can (not) speculate.

mandatory lesbian
Dec 18, 2012

Angry Grimace posted:

Risen Executioner
Creature - Zombie Warrior
Risen Executioner can't block.
Other Zombie creatures you control get +1/+1.
You may cast Risen Executioner from your graveyard if you pay an additional (1) for each other creature card in your graveyard.

Like, I get that it interacts with Delve favorably but I'm really eh on this.

mandatory lesbian
Dec 18, 2012

Angry Grimace posted:

I'm guessing the "exploit" is recasting him after using an Exploit ability, e.g. Sidisi-2 (who is also a Zombie).

Oh yeah, I guess that's also a thing. It's still really not very exciting tho.

mandatory lesbian
Dec 18, 2012

Nehru the Damaja posted:

That is the least mythic mythic since like... Archangel's Light.

Zombie Lord is an easy first pick tho...

mandatory lesbian
Dec 18, 2012

Nehru the Damaja posted:

Yeah it's a good card for limited and though I'm skeptical about its constructed use outside EDH, you can't ever really ignore perpetually recurrable creatures.

It's just boring as poo poo is all. There's no mythic pop to it.

I don't think he's exciting either, it's just, man, comparing it to Archangel's Light, it just feels too brutal, you know.

mandatory lesbian
Dec 18, 2012

Angry Grimace posted:

The funny part is that when that happens, they are usually stuck with the art and have to invent a card that fits the art, rather than the other way around. See also, Warleader's Helix.

Warleader's Helix is like, the least inventive reinvention ever lol

mandatory lesbian
Dec 18, 2012

Niton posted:

Even if it's not Force of Will proper, I could see them trying a free counter variant that plays homage to it. Especially in the block that brought us Treasure Cruise.

Force of Will that requires you to exile a white card

mandatory lesbian
Dec 18, 2012

Attorney at Funk posted:

It's definitely Force of Will, and they're going to spoil it along with the Wasteland reprint which is also assuredly in this set.

I can't believe they're reprinting Yawgmoth's Will

mandatory lesbian
Dec 18, 2012

Lancelot posted:

here's a screencap so you don't have to sit through the community manager attempt to inject inflection into his voice like a real human

Well, it's cooler then the U/W command at least

mandatory lesbian
Dec 18, 2012

mcmagic posted:

Landfall only turns on if the land is under your control.

did you read the command?

mandatory lesbian
Dec 18, 2012

Lancelot posted:

:siren: stop replying to mcmagic posts :siren:

don't be a bitch dude

mandatory lesbian
Dec 18, 2012

I like it, even if it isn't gonna be played in constructed.

Entropic posted:

I love this. I just wish it was like a 5-mana 5/5 or something instead of a 6-drop.

yeah that would have been cool.

mandatory lesbian
Dec 18, 2012

Spiderdrake posted:

So the phoenix turns over and suddenly raptors everywhere! I think this might actually be good? It's certainly cool anyway. Raptorvine.

Bring back the dinosaur type wizards

they weren't lizards you fucKS

mandatory lesbian
Dec 18, 2012

dragon enthusiast posted:

Would it have been more accurate to make it a Bird Beast

yes, but i allow concessions to reality on that since nobody wants to see a bunch of killer turkeys running around in Magic, even if they have six inch claws that can eviscerate you

mandatory lesbian
Dec 18, 2012

mr. mephistopheles posted:

These opinions do not align with my own.

this guy ain't gonna cause 5 year old me to stay up at night worried about the dinosaurs coming to eat me *crosses arms*

mandatory lesbian
Dec 18, 2012

Rinkles posted:

Mini impulse

How is 4 cards so dramatically better then 3 that they felt this kind of change was necessary, what a waste

mandatory lesbian
Dec 18, 2012

whydirt posted:

Impulse is also not a great name for a blue card (Maro has mentioned this on his podcast before). There's nothing impulsive about draw-go control.

An impulse reprint would be fun for nostalgia reasons, but I can also understand not wanting to let the old misprint back into Standard just because of people who will end up shuffling because the card says to.

When people say to reprint a card they don't mean literally without changing errata and stuff. it would not have that text.

Gyshall posted:

Here is a man

this is good

Entropic posted:

Impulse would probably be OK in Standard, it's probably a case of them being wary of letting Modern have it.

yeah, i guess but I'm still not happy :/

mandatory lesbian
Dec 18, 2012

neetengie posted:

might have missed this earlier but why is zurgo a bellstriker now?

Um, did you miss the whole time-travel thing?

mandatory lesbian
Dec 18, 2012

neetengie posted:

No, just wanna know the story reason for him becoming a bellringer now.

They haven't really explained but the bell-ringer seems to be the guy letting people know when other dragon clans are nearby so the Kologhan can attack them and stuff.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mandatory lesbian
Dec 18, 2012

Chamale posted:

When Sligh first came out it was dominant, because that deck invented the idea of a mana curve.

I played Ironclaw Orcs two years ago in a Legacy Tribal Wars tournament that had a special price for anyone who went 2-1 with a deck using only cards from the first five sets in Magic history. That one didn't work, but I managed to go 2-1 with a land-destruction Bird tribal deck the next week. I had to run Bird Maiden because those early sets do not have many birds.

Haha at first I was like hey that's not the most terrible card but then I noticed that there was a weird blotch beside the mana symbol...

• Locked thread