Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Tonetta
Jul 9, 2013

look mother look at ME MOTHER MOTHER I AM A HOMESTIXK NOW

**methodically removes and eats own clothes*
just in time for maro to ruin magic again, and for us posters to ruin the thread again

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tonetta
Jul 9, 2013

My spirit animal

Tonetta
Jul 9, 2013

mcmagic posted:

Ashcloud is fringe playable and this is worse than Ashcloud.

dang i cant think of any other card in standard with similar effects that is even remotely playable either but you really should stop sieging this thread like this

Tonetta
Jul 9, 2013

uggy posted:

judge's familiar

That's a lie, let me just tap out

Tonetta
Jul 9, 2013

haha holy gently caress new commander rules own as in it really owns i sold my commander stuff gently caress you sheldon

Tonetta
Jul 9, 2013

Would anybody be interested in a stream of bloom titan/amulet combo being played competitively on modo?

Tonetta
Jul 9, 2013

twitch.tv/tonetta42

I'm 0-1 in this preliminary, lost a really close match to the merfolk, both games I lost came down to the last turn and the one I won was a blowout because turn 1 kill lol

Tonetta fucked around with this message at 03:06 on Jun 25, 2015

Tonetta
Jul 9, 2013

if it didnt say nonlegendary, that would be really unfair to play against in standard. Seriously turn 7 tutor up nissa, get the land from nissa, play it.

Tonetta
Jul 9, 2013

I'm gonna stream another Modern Preliminary (using amulet combo) here in a half hourish, I'll turn it on when the tourney starts twitch.tv/tonetta42

Tonetta
Jul 9, 2013

yeah that's gonna be in my 75 for amulet, just not sure if it's mainboard or sideboard material. leaning towards sideboard

Tonetta
Jul 9, 2013

Lancelot posted:

Why, though? Isn't Tolaria West -> Summoner's Pact -> Prime Time almost always better?

It's good against lili, and it's good in the control matchup when you are afraid that you can't get your pact through but have a cavern of souls to play.

Tonetta
Jul 9, 2013

its a 5 mana card that requires more lands to be played to actually do anything at all

Tonetta
Jul 9, 2013

bhsman posted:

Yeah, but it's in a color that encourages or even needs to put more lands in play. Debating whether or not this is good with Amulet Bloom (particularly if they feel like Hive Mind should be banned).

it's really bad with that deck because it doesn't automatically win the game when I play it

Tonetta
Jul 9, 2013

making goyf chumpers sounds like a losing proposition to me

Tonetta
Jul 9, 2013

bhsman posted:

Maybe, but I'm just brainstorming. If you have two karoos (one in hand, one in play), this technically just continues to pump out chump blockers. It's unfortunately not a creature so it can't be tutored for via Pact, but I think it could have some sort of narrow use. If nothing else, it'll be a cheap uncommon to obtain.

Also, since I know you play Bloom on Twitch, what were your feelings on that 6-drop that tutors for a green 3-drop?

you actually only need one karoo, since it can bounce itself.

the 6 drop doesn't tutor for anything I want to play, or even can play.

my interest is in that xx artifact and I don't even know if that will be totally viable

Tonetta
Jul 9, 2013

bhsman posted:

Ah, that's also true, re: Karoos.

I only mentioned the 6-drop because I know of some builds that use Eternal Witness and/or sideboard Restoration Sage, so I guess it seemed like interesting tech in the Abzan matchup or somesuch. As for the XX, I'm a little down on it; it can be tutor'd for via Tolaria West, but so can Pact, and that can find Hornet Queen. There also isn't a lot of situations where an opponent just allows you to sit there and durdle with it and make it bigger, and dumping so much mana into it still only makes it half as good. I'l grab an 'experimental one-of' but other than that, meh.

Yeah it could be argued that this particular combo is pretty good as a sideboard option but I don't really like the idea of using Restoration sage as it doesn't prevent you from losing at the speeds you need it to, and generally speaking you don't want to slow down a combo deck to put in cards that aren't going to stop you from losing.

Tonetta
Jul 9, 2013

bhsman posted:

Totally fair; I'm ~5 cards away from finishing the deck (been working on it since Justin Cohen and Sam Black showed it off at PTFR) and was just curious about an established pilot's take on these new cards, so thank you. :)

Also, I'm assuming you have the shirt that goes with the sweet avatar?

I do not. If you intend to play the deck, get ready to lose a lot. It's one of the most difficult decks to run optimally, even the best players make mistakes constantly.

Tonetta
Jul 9, 2013

I said come in! posted:

Thank you for the suggestions. :) Do you have a recommendation for bots that sell mass cards for 1 ticket? I found one last night that I got 642 cards from for 2 tickets. $2 to basically clean the bot out.

I find the clanteam bots beat out the wiki prices on almost everything.

Tonetta
Jul 9, 2013

it is in the mail!!!! thx

Tonetta
Jul 9, 2013

Starving Autist posted:

I don't think the enchantment is good, I just don't see how the XX guy really contributes much to the game plan either.

e: To elaborate, the artifact creature doesn't help you ramp and it seems much less powerful than other things you could be doing with lots of mana, like casting Titan or Hive Mind. What am I missing?

Tonetta posted:

It's good against lili, and it's good in the control matchup when you are afraid that you can't get your pact through but have a cavern of souls to play.

Tonetta
Jul 9, 2013

Irony Be My Shield posted:

My advice to players concerned about this action would be to not rape anyone.

*in a big ol' conservative voice* slippery slopes

Tonetta
Jul 9, 2013

Sickening posted:

Are you saying there is a huge rape related sub-culture to magic? I am confused here.

try being a woman in the community

Tonetta
Jul 9, 2013

mcmagic posted:

Not sure what that guy's overdose has to do with anything..

conspiracy that chapin killed a man for ratting

Tonetta
Jul 9, 2013

mcmagic posted:

Oh, while we're talking out of our asses....

actually it is not all that uncommon for this type of stuff to happen but it could have easily been anybody connected to that deal who got pissed off

Tonetta
Jul 9, 2013

if youre a rapist you should be considered a second class citizen, if a citizen at all.

Tonetta
Jul 9, 2013

if you think that the rape guy shouldnt be banned then please step back for a moment and imagine yourself as a rape victim, someone whose life was traumatized greatly by another human beings' actions to the point where even living a day to day life becomes difficult and you relive the nightmare in your sleep often. You use whatever you can to escape; to think about something different, imagine that thing being competitive magic the gathering. now you're paired against a known convicted rapist, how would that make you feel, being forced once again to confront all of that for as long as the match goes or to give them the match? It doesn't matter that they "feel sorry" for the horrible act they committed. One of three victims consider suicide, and one of three of those will attempt it as a direct result of those actions.

Tonetta
Jul 9, 2013

Sickening posted:

How do you know if your opponent is a rapist?

ah yes, the legendary "but how did you know i was a rapist" rebuttal.

Tonetta
Jul 9, 2013

Sickening posted:

So should all current players with sexual assault convictions be banned?

yeah

Tonetta
Jul 9, 2013

Sickening posted:

Great! Now how do you find all of them?

i realize that you are a cis white man but there is this thing called the sex offenders' list you can check out on the internet.

Tonetta
Jul 9, 2013

Ciprian Maricon posted:

lmao that the community who wants anyone it suspects of cheating banned for life deems a lifetime ban for an admitted rapist some sort of grave injustice

rabidsquid posted:

I am fine with a witch hunt.

Tonetta
Jul 9, 2013

DAD LOST MY IPOD posted:

Also I hate that in cases like this it's so easy to dismiss arguments as "pro-rape." I'm not pro-rape, I don't think anyone here is pro-rape. I just think it's worryingly illiberal to be happy to define certain categories of people by their crimes. I am unhappy with current incarceration rates but I'm also unhappy with non-State actions, like unwillingness to hire convicts. The private sector contributes to to the stigmatization of convicts, so I don't think playing Magic is a civil right but I still don't like it as part of the larger social treatment of convicts.

my life was defined by some handsy rear end in a top hat when I was 12, what's the difference?

Tonetta
Jul 9, 2013

we know he's a convicted rapist what else do you want?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tonetta
Jul 9, 2013

yeah gently caress this stupid game and community bye

• Locked thread