Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Gridlocked
Aug 2, 2014

MR. STUPID MORON
WITH AN UGLY FACE
AND A BIG BUTT
AND HIS BUTT SMELLS
AND HE LIKES TO KISS
HIS OWN BUTT
by Roger Hargreaves
I mean he has to try but jeez they don't have to show it.

That's gotta be tilting though.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gridlocked
Aug 2, 2014

MR. STUPID MORON
WITH AN UGLY FACE
AND A BIG BUTT
AND HIS BUTT SMELLS
AND HE LIKES TO KISS
HIS OWN BUTT
by Roger Hargreaves

Kyrosiris posted:

Am I the only one that thinks "the sleeves touched when I set it down to put the other three back" means "that was added to your hand" is insanely petty/rules-laywery? :shrug:

Also holy poo poo the commentary team sounds really against Chapin.

It's really rules-lawyery.

I don't think Randy and Marshal are so much against him as they know it's a pretty cut and dry case, in fact they sounded like they were hoping he would get the warning instead right up till the head judge came out and the first thing he said was that they won't be taking the camera footage into account because its unfair to non-feature match players. However I think once the head judge made the call they were expecting it to go "Oh ok then" and thats it, not 10 more mins of Patrick arguing when he was already told the head judges decision.

Gridlocked
Aug 2, 2014

MR. STUPID MORON
WITH AN UGLY FACE
AND A BIG BUTT
AND HIS BUTT SMELLS
AND HE LIKES TO KISS
HIS OWN BUTT
by Roger Hargreaves

Chill la Chill posted:

magic rules should be hard and fast and unflinching except when my favorite wizard is affected.

:eyepop:

Oh. So it's babby whining.

Well you know, he was 5-0 and in a position where he was only a turn or two away from 6-0 in a PT. Course he is gonna be a bit upset over a simple mistake.

What shouldn't have happened is us watching it. They should have just cut to the deck tech while it happened, then either gone back had it only been a warning or told us after the result of the ruling.

Deofuta posted:

Reading it now, I like what he is saying. It was interesting to see the dialogue but it really should have been handled the way SCG does it, with a quick cut away and not color commentating the player's reasonings.

SCG is consistently better quality coverage than Wizards though. I like Randy and Marshal, BDM is pretty fun and Rich isn't so bad; but the whole production quality and level of professionalism is better from SCG.

Gridlocked fucked around with this message at 16:47 on Apr 10, 2015

Gridlocked
Aug 2, 2014

MR. STUPID MORON
WITH AN UGLY FACE
AND A BIG BUTT
AND HIS BUTT SMELLS
AND HE LIKES TO KISS
HIS OWN BUTT
by Roger Hargreaves

Serperoth posted:

What was the first?

He dealt some drugs when he was younger. Got caught, sent off to jail for a bit, came out reformed and/or a Magic player.

DoctorOozy posted:

And this is another reason why I will never get anywhere in competitive magic. If I were Chapins opponent I'd be all "yea it was totally that card just show it me.. cool ... sick game mate let's continue!"

Same.

Although in this case it is fair to say if his oppoent did do that after the judge ruling he could also qualify for a warning for not following a official's decision.

I didn't see the start of it, did the oppoent call the judge or did a judge stop play?

Gridlocked
Aug 2, 2014

MR. STUPID MORON
WITH AN UGLY FACE
AND A BIG BUTT
AND HIS BUTT SMELLS
AND HE LIKES TO KISS
HIS OWN BUTT
by Roger Hargreaves

GonSmithe posted:

Both. His opponent said "he needs to reveal the card" at the exact moment the judge was stopping play.

Well if the judge stopped play the right thing for the oppoent was not to argue and provide accurate information when prompted.

Zoness posted:

it's actually about ethics in feature table journalism

Will admit that I laughed.

Also more Judge action now.

Ramos posted:

Oh man, Jeskai Ascendancy Combo continues to be the coolest deck ever this standard. :allears: He dug through what? A third of his deck for that Helix?

I'm going to admit ignorance to what most of the standard metagame is currently. What is the combo?

Gridlocked
Aug 2, 2014

MR. STUPID MORON
WITH AN UGLY FACE
AND A BIG BUTT
AND HIS BUTT SMELLS
AND HE LIKES TO KISS
HIS OWN BUTT
by Roger Hargreaves

Zoness posted:

What after seeing that chapin debacle you want people to motion through drawing cards faster?

Heheh.

Also Ancona now being hyper conchy about top of the deck stuff. The paranoia sets in.

Spiderdrake posted:

He was a well known Magic player before the whole crime time thing otherwise none of us would know about it.

Also the part people tend to make a big deal out of is the whole disappeared witness thing which you oddly gloss over?

Heard about the witness going missing but only in passing so I am/wasn't sure if it is true or just a case of Chinese whispers. Do tell.

Gridlocked fucked around with this message at 17:11 on Apr 10, 2015

Gridlocked
Aug 2, 2014

MR. STUPID MORON
WITH AN UGLY FACE
AND A BIG BUTT
AND HIS BUTT SMELLS
AND HE LIKES TO KISS
HIS OWN BUTT
by Roger Hargreaves

Lancelot posted:

Jeskai Ascendancy plus two mana dudes plus Retraction Helix plus Dragon Mantle. With Ascendancy + 2 dudes you get 2 mana every time you cast a spell. Dragon Mantle + Helix means you can draw your entire deck and either kill them with the now enormous mana dudes (through +1/+1 triggers off Ascendancy) or through Altar of the Brood milling.

Oh I vaguely remember seeing that a month or so ago on SCG. Hooray combo decks.

Zoness posted:

Jesus Christ let's theorycraft about CRATERS CLAWING our own loving caryatid to kill our opponents and then say we were thinking about bile's blight in RED GREEN DRAGONS.

This manages to be worse than DotA coverage by the worst casters.

I like Randys Vintage Super League Commentary :saddowns:

Gridlocked fucked around with this message at 17:16 on Apr 10, 2015

Gridlocked
Aug 2, 2014

MR. STUPID MORON
WITH AN UGLY FACE
AND A BIG BUTT
AND HIS BUTT SMELLS
AND HE LIKES TO KISS
HIS OWN BUTT
by Roger Hargreaves

Serperoth posted:

I think that Chapin-LSV-Cedric would be the Dream Team of coverage.

I think Patrick Sullivan is good on SCG too.

Current dream team is LSV, Ceddy and Dave Williams.

Gridlocked
Aug 2, 2014

MR. STUPID MORON
WITH AN UGLY FACE
AND A BIG BUTT
AND HIS BUTT SMELLS
AND HE LIKES TO KISS
HIS OWN BUTT
by Roger Hargreaves

Serperoth posted:

Patrick is pretty great, and Matthias too. I just prefer Cedric.

Cedric is definitely the best on SCG. His streams were super entertaining too, he has a great personality for being the face of things.

TheKingofSprings posted:

Randy is my Simian Spirit Guide to what not to do on a stream

I don't mean to jump on it again but Vintage Super League is great and Randy did a good job setting it up, even with the obvious clandestine set up using Skype for commentary and awkward hand cams.

Gridlocked
Aug 2, 2014

MR. STUPID MORON
WITH AN UGLY FACE
AND A BIG BUTT
AND HIS BUTT SMELLS
AND HE LIKES TO KISS
HIS OWN BUTT
by Roger Hargreaves
Well good for Chapin not bitching let alone acknowledging the incident on Twitter. If I was him I'd have been pretty annoyed that the cameras were still on me and the audience got to watch the incident.

That's still the thing that gets me about it, not that mistakes were made and rules lawyering was done in a high stakes situation; the fact that Wizards didn't have the intelligence to cut away to a Deck Tech and not televise the whole thing.

Gridlocked
Aug 2, 2014

MR. STUPID MORON
WITH AN UGLY FACE
AND A BIG BUTT
AND HIS BUTT SMELLS
AND HE LIKES TO KISS
HIS OWN BUTT
by Roger Hargreaves

MiddleEastBeast posted:

I thought that was after his opponent had said like "Um, any plans to reveal?" and he revealed, then picked up. I might have that all totally wrong.

edit: nope you're right. he picked them up entirely.

Yeah I just rewatched it.

Chapin fiddles with is Ugin and confirms it is on 10 loyalty.
Chapin then moves a dice with 1 face up onto his Ajani and says "Looking at the top 4."
Chapin draws one at a time and they are angled so the camera can see them revealing a Tasigur, two basic Plains and a Temple of Malady.
Chapin moves the Tasigur down partially touching his hand which is laying face down on the table, shuffles the 3 lands and puts them on the bottom of his deck.
Chapin grabs his hand and the Tasigur he put face down on partially on his hand and pulls them towards him; as he does so his oppoent clearly says "He has to reveal" and the judge less clearly says "Wait".
Chapin replies "Yeah sorry" and flips the card face up; the judge says "Ahhh" and he offers to reveal his whole hand claiming his oppoent already knows the other 2 cards he has.
The judge states that as the card was not distinct from Chapins hand and that he picked up all 3 cards at once it is considered a game rule violation for not revealing and thus is a Game Loss, however he also states he is aware that Chapin will appeal and is happy to fetch the head judge immediately; the rest follows.

E: his oppoent cuts in while the judge is explaining the ruling and states that he did not already know the other cards in Chapins hand.

So yeah it was a mistake on Pats behalf not to flip the card up or reveal it before he put it down, and I am sure at say FNM it wouldn't have been such a big deal; but in this case it is fairly clear the card touched his hand and was being put into his hand without revealing it and the judge was being very astute with the ruling.

Gridlocked fucked around with this message at 01:24 on Apr 11, 2015

Gridlocked
Aug 2, 2014

MR. STUPID MORON
WITH AN UGLY FACE
AND A BIG BUTT
AND HIS BUTT SMELLS
AND HE LIKES TO KISS
HIS OWN BUTT
by Roger Hargreaves

XyrlocShammypants posted:

Was it a justifiable call in the sense that "the rules must be upheld at all times to the letter regardless of.. *adjusts monocle and farts a rulebook*!!!" Yes. Is it the kind of rule-mongering that makes tournament magic seem lovely and annoying instead of fun? Yes.

Oh I agree, though honestly I don't think the table judge was particularly excited or thrilled that he had to reflex hand out a ruling; in fact I think he was likely doing so because being the last feature match, on turns with everyone watching he was making sure he didn't screw up. And as I said in a LGS FNM match it would have been "Oh it was this one" "Yeah I saw saw you put it down, all good" in this case he had to do it by the book.

Really it was one of those "for want of a nail" situations. Had his oppoent spoken up faster it may have been ok, had Pat left the card to the side, had he twirled it around as he put it down; really just a series of unfortunate events in the wrong place at the wrong time.

Gridlocked
Aug 2, 2014

MR. STUPID MORON
WITH AN UGLY FACE
AND A BIG BUTT
AND HIS BUTT SMELLS
AND HE LIKES TO KISS
HIS OWN BUTT
by Roger Hargreaves
Man I'm watching the draft replays on youtube and holy hell has Bill Jensen lost weight or what?

Gridlocked
Aug 2, 2014

MR. STUPID MORON
WITH AN UGLY FACE
AND A BIG BUTT
AND HIS BUTT SMELLS
AND HE LIKES TO KISS
HIS OWN BUTT
by Roger Hargreaves

Pyronic posted:

EDIT: are there any warning signals about bad LGS management I should look out for and/or maybe correct?

Changing the rules of sanctioned tournaments, especially with regards to prizes. There was an LGS a friend of mine played at after he moved which was very popular, but I found out for their sanctioned drafts they were re-drafting the rares for wins; as in after the draft is done they insist everyone hands their rares over and then the winner gets first pick. For 8-16 man sealed they did the same kind of thing but the winner got say X picks, then the 2nd place guy got X-1 down the line.

I heard from another friend who went there a few times that one day they were holding a Games Day event and were running multiple staggered 8 man drafts that you had to sign up for every 45min or so (in an attempt to get a few pods in one day and keep the store space usage at a good level, actually a rather good idea IMO). My friend drafted what he decided was a rather mediocre deck but managed to pull a decent money off colour planeswalker in his 3rd pack which he slammed for the cash. He lost his first round before the next draft pod was due to fire and asked if he could sign up for it, the owners said yes there is 2 spots left and he got one; so he officially dropped the first pod, pocketed his pod 1 cards and began to draft in pod 2. In round 2 of pod 2 where he was still doing badly but didn't have a reason to drop one of the owners/judges came over to him and said, although he noted politely, "When you are done with this match please hand your rares from pod 1 over and come and do the prize draft quickly." My friend refused because he dropped the event and therefore got to keep whatever product he acquired in the process, apparently the owners and regulars got really lovely because he had already told a few people he pulled a decent value walker in it. He continued to refuse and pointed out that as a sanctioned tournament they should be doing sanctioned prize formats anyway, apparently they ended up telling him rudely that's not how THEY do things HERE and that if he didn't like it he wasn't welcome. So he said he will drop pod 2 as well and left. Found out later they didn't drop him from pod 2 but just put him as 0-2'd on his matches so his opponents got better breakers for their Planeswalker Points.

Gridlocked
Aug 2, 2014

MR. STUPID MORON
WITH AN UGLY FACE
AND A BIG BUTT
AND HIS BUTT SMELLS
AND HE LIKES TO KISS
HIS OWN BUTT
by Roger Hargreaves

Little bit of a misquote there I say "another friend" what I mean is "another guy I played some Magic with at my LGS".

This was a few years ago mind.

Gridlocked
Aug 2, 2014

MR. STUPID MORON
WITH AN UGLY FACE
AND A BIG BUTT
AND HIS BUTT SMELLS
AND HE LIKES TO KISS
HIS OWN BUTT
by Roger Hargreaves

Serperoth posted:

He had to reveal the card. I posted on Tumblr as well, but IMO the least he could have done was to place it on his cards and IMMEDIATELY say "It's the top one, I will reveal it right now" or something to that effect while he put the rest of the cards in their place. It still isn't okay, but it makes it clear that it isn't actually in his hand. Obviously, he should have just set it aside and revealed it before it touched the rest.

The Judges' decision was fine as it is. Drawing Extra Cards carries a Game Loss penalty, with certain criteria for that to be downgraded to a Warning. The criteria weren't met, so the Judges couldn't downgrade. Even if it were a Game Rule Violation, which carries a Warning, it would still be upgraded to a Game Loss, as per the IPG, since it is an error that the opponent cannot verify the legality of.

Sucks for Chapin, I understand why mistakes like that are made, and he was right to appeal, but like the commentators said, the rules don't change because you're on camera. Similarly, rules enforcement at FNM is much different than even a GPT, it's not even a valid comparison.

And, speaking for myself, I wouldn't be happy to give him a Game Loss. I don't think any Judge goes to any tournament thinking "gently caress yeah these scrubs are gonna suck so bad, I'm gonna be handing out so many penalties". Even with known "suspicious" people (2Explores etc), we can't say "It would be a Warning, but you're a scumbag so we're upgrading it to a Game Loss" or something.

EDIT: About the Shenhar thing.
Yeah, his opponent could get a Warning, Game Rule Violation has a note about the opponent under Additional Remedy.

I agree entirely. Thats what I was saying. It was just an unfortunate series of events in the wrong place at the wrong time.

Gridlocked
Aug 2, 2014

MR. STUPID MORON
WITH AN UGLY FACE
AND A BIG BUTT
AND HIS BUTT SMELLS
AND HE LIKES TO KISS
HIS OWN BUTT
by Roger Hargreaves

Serperoth posted:

That can be said for all offenses. :v: Props to Chapin though for being an adult about it. Did his appeal, and in the end he asked "Is there anything more I can do/say?". When the answer was no, he extended the hand, didn't get pissy or anything. Class act.

Well all offences that aren't blatant cheating.

Chapins always been a class act like that eh. Still they didn't need to televise the drat thing, that's what annoys me the most about it. We didn't need to see 10mins of no play, arguing with judges and awkward tension; let alone have to listen to Randy and Marshal get more annoyed as time went on and adding colourful comments to the mix.

Chapin behaved as professionally as one can in the event. WOTC production team behaved like the kids watching the schoolyard fight.

Elyv posted:

Everything reversed, lands in front of spells

adrian sullivan has been doing this for 20 years why hasn't he banned from magic yet

There's nothing wrong with it as long as its clear who controls what and where the board state is currently at. He plays upside down too.

Gridlocked
Aug 2, 2014

MR. STUPID MORON
WITH AN UGLY FACE
AND A BIG BUTT
AND HIS BUTT SMELLS
AND HE LIKES TO KISS
HIS OWN BUTT
by Roger Hargreaves
Untitled Broadcast
Good work Wizards.

Wooo good work Adrian Sullivan

Gridlocked fucked around with this message at 16:52 on Apr 11, 2015

Gridlocked
Aug 2, 2014

MR. STUPID MORON
WITH AN UGLY FACE
AND A BIG BUTT
AND HIS BUTT SMELLS
AND HE LIKES TO KISS
HIS OWN BUTT
by Roger Hargreaves
Is anyone else reading LSVs What's The Play? that just went up today?

Gridlocked
Aug 2, 2014

MR. STUPID MORON
WITH AN UGLY FACE
AND A BIG BUTT
AND HIS BUTT SMELLS
AND HE LIKES TO KISS
HIS OWN BUTT
by Roger Hargreaves

Yawgmoth posted:

no no no no no no no no no

i.e. = id est = that is = "in other words"
e.g. = exempli grata = for example

This is a huge pet peeve of mine since I almost minored in Latin. Now you know!

I thought e.g was example given and i.e. was in explanation.

You learn something new every day.

Gridlocked
Aug 2, 2014

MR. STUPID MORON
WITH AN UGLY FACE
AND A BIG BUTT
AND HIS BUTT SMELLS
AND HE LIKES TO KISS
HIS OWN BUTT
by Roger Hargreaves
I agree on the Flatten the Elemental post attack; also playing around anything at least on this this attack and my next turn is pointless. Then block with Aven on Quartermasters, Hand on Elemental. Then your paths from there are:

He flickers the Elemental, you lose Aven and he has no other plays. Your turn you untap with Hand and Loremaster up; with him having 1 Island and 3/3 Elemental. Many live draws such as Tail Slash, Merciless Executioner, Ire Shaman, Ruthless Dreadfang, Marang River Skeleton to tip the balance. Or any chump blocker to maybe buy you a turn.

He doesn't flicker Elemental, you lose both your creatures and untap with Loremaster up; him with 2 Islands still up. Gives you roughly the same live draws though it will cost you your Pyrotechnics if you draw Tail Slash to remove the Quartermasters (which I would do on my turn). Merciless Executioner gets better here though.

Gridlocked
Aug 2, 2014

MR. STUPID MORON
WITH AN UGLY FACE
AND A BIG BUTT
AND HIS BUTT SMELLS
AND HE LIKES TO KISS
HIS OWN BUTT
by Roger Hargreaves
So I don't really post here much. Does anyone do stuff like post P1P1/2's and discuss it, or post a sealed pool and discuss builds?

Gridlocked
Aug 2, 2014

MR. STUPID MORON
WITH AN UGLY FACE
AND A BIG BUTT
AND HIS BUTT SMELLS
AND HE LIKES TO KISS
HIS OWN BUTT
by Roger Hargreaves

rabidsquid posted:

There should be a limited thread still

Ooh thanks.

Gridlocked
Aug 2, 2014

MR. STUPID MORON
WITH AN UGLY FACE
AND A BIG BUTT
AND HIS BUTT SMELLS
AND HE LIKES TO KISS
HIS OWN BUTT
by Roger Hargreaves

BXCX posted:

One of my favorite magic things is burgeoning rules lawyers who learn that if the match is 1-0 in your favor at the end of turns you win the whole shebang. We had a rash of them locally a couple months back, most of them were slick enough to not say it was their plan so it took some time to sort them out but one boy genius was dumb enough to tell us that was his plan when he came up to ask if he could run across the street to buy some snacks with 10 minutes left in the round.

Also, I would be totally be in favor of chess clocks at regular REL or better, slow play is so hard to determine objectively even though it's almost always the usual suspects still playing when the round goes to time.

My local judges would get around that by handing out slow play penalties like candy if anyone tried it.

Gridlocked
Aug 2, 2014

MR. STUPID MORON
WITH AN UGLY FACE
AND A BIG BUTT
AND HIS BUTT SMELLS
AND HE LIKES TO KISS
HIS OWN BUTT
by Roger Hargreaves

kizudarake posted:

Jesus loving Christ.

Yeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeep

Gridlocked
Aug 2, 2014

MR. STUPID MORON
WITH AN UGLY FACE
AND A BIG BUTT
AND HIS BUTT SMELLS
AND HE LIKES TO KISS
HIS OWN BUTT
by Roger Hargreaves

Entropic posted:

A lot of people like LSV and Marshall Sutcliffe are calling it the worst archetype in the format which means a lot of people aren't gonna even try drafting it.

Darksteel Axe on a Hearthfire Hobgoblin seems pretty scary so long as you don't face a removal-heavy deck.

I thought U/R Elemental was the worst according to CF?

Gridlocked
Aug 2, 2014

MR. STUPID MORON
WITH AN UGLY FACE
AND A BIG BUTT
AND HIS BUTT SMELLS
AND HE LIKES TO KISS
HIS OWN BUTT
by Roger Hargreaves
I remember winning a GPQ with a Gatecrash draft. No one wanted to draft U/B so I managed to snaffle up that cipher spell that made token copies, 5 of the 3 mana unblockable guys and a decent selection of removal/control spells. Was quite funny.

Gridlocked
Aug 2, 2014

MR. STUPID MORON
WITH AN UGLY FACE
AND A BIG BUTT
AND HIS BUTT SMELLS
AND HE LIKES TO KISS
HIS OWN BUTT
by Roger Hargreaves

Esser-Z posted:

A friend of mine cracked a pack and got a foil Goyf. Next pack? Regular goyf.

I knew a guy at my LGS who cracked an MM1 pack at the pre-release. Got a Goyf and a foil Bob same pack.

Exceedingly jealous especially because he was the king of guy who spent all his weekly earnings on buying the latest deck that won an SCG tourney or a GP.

Gridlocked
Aug 2, 2014

MR. STUPID MORON
WITH AN UGLY FACE
AND A BIG BUTT
AND HIS BUTT SMELLS
AND HE LIKES TO KISS
HIS OWN BUTT
by Roger Hargreaves
So when does the coverage start?

Cause I have been looking at Twitch every day and got nothing.

Gridlocked fucked around with this message at 03:10 on May 30, 2015

Gridlocked
Aug 2, 2014

MR. STUPID MORON
WITH AN UGLY FACE
AND A BIG BUTT
AND HIS BUTT SMELLS
AND HE LIKES TO KISS
HIS OWN BUTT
by Roger Hargreaves

DAD LOST MY IPOD posted:

When the event starts tomorrow

I thought it started on the 28th?

Gridlocked
Aug 2, 2014

MR. STUPID MORON
WITH AN UGLY FACE
AND A BIG BUTT
AND HIS BUTT SMELLS
AND HE LIKES TO KISS
HIS OWN BUTT
by Roger Hargreaves
Twitch chat continues to be inane.

Gridlocked
Aug 2, 2014

MR. STUPID MORON
WITH AN UGLY FACE
AND A BIG BUTT
AND HIS BUTT SMELLS
AND HE LIKES TO KISS
HIS OWN BUTT
by Roger Hargreaves

Devor posted:

If spamming "Paul" is wrong, I don't want to be right. Best part is it works for both Cheon and Rietzl.

Spamming Paul is fine.

I just don't enjoy watching a match while Twitch chat sits there complaining that everyone plays badly.

Gridlocked
Aug 2, 2014

MR. STUPID MORON
WITH AN UGLY FACE
AND A BIG BUTT
AND HIS BUTT SMELLS
AND HE LIKES TO KISS
HIS OWN BUTT
by Roger Hargreaves

Niton posted:

So, here's the situation:

It's the top 8 of a Grand Prix, and you're drafting an aggressive R/W deck. You open your second pack, and there are two cards that pique your interest:

Burst Lightning
Foil Tarmogoyf.

What do you do?

Foil Goyf every time and smile for the camera if it's there.

Gridlocked
Aug 2, 2014

MR. STUPID MORON
WITH AN UGLY FACE
AND A BIG BUTT
AND HIS BUTT SMELLS
AND HE LIKES TO KISS
HIS OWN BUTT
by Roger Hargreaves
Owen Turtenwald continues to be confirmed as one of the most annoying pros in Magic? No surprise.

Edit: Why do I get the feeling Cedric Phillips will do an editorial on it. Literately the best Magic journalist out there.

Double Edit: Awkwardly looking at twitter about the whole thing, unsurprisingly under the hashtag "goyfgate", it looks like Craig Wescoe actually has one of the more realistic responses.

Gridlocked fucked around with this message at 04:34 on Jun 2, 2015

Gridlocked
Aug 2, 2014

MR. STUPID MORON
WITH AN UGLY FACE
AND A BIG BUTT
AND HIS BUTT SMELLS
AND HE LIKES TO KISS
HIS OWN BUTT
by Roger Hargreaves

suicidesteve posted:

Probably because he said he's going to.

Indeed, I just checked his twitter feed. Looking forward to reading it, Ceddy is a realist and a great journalist.

Gridlocked
Aug 2, 2014

MR. STUPID MORON
WITH AN UGLY FACE
AND A BIG BUTT
AND HIS BUTT SMELLS
AND HE LIKES TO KISS
HIS OWN BUTT
by Roger Hargreaves

Kyrosiris posted:

Throw a rock at the pro magic community and you'll hit someone that did. :v:

Throw it hard enough and maybe we won't have to put up with Owen Turtenwald.

Gridlocked
Aug 2, 2014

MR. STUPID MORON
WITH AN UGLY FACE
AND A BIG BUTT
AND HIS BUTT SMELLS
AND HE LIKES TO KISS
HIS OWN BUTT
by Roger Hargreaves

"Kenji why don't you want to have fun?"

Gridlocked
Aug 2, 2014

MR. STUPID MORON
WITH AN UGLY FACE
AND A BIG BUTT
AND HIS BUTT SMELLS
AND HE LIKES TO KISS
HIS OWN BUTT
by Roger Hargreaves

JerryLee posted:

Uh.

:stare:

I know that game nerds stereotypically aren't very well-adjusted but I'm surprised someone made it that long with a good record on eBay while apparently being a sociopathic troll just waiting to happen.

You don't have to be a nice guy to sell people poo poo online.

Offer product at competitive price. Sell product. Send product. Receive "A++ would shop again" from people.

Gridlocked
Aug 2, 2014

MR. STUPID MORON
WITH AN UGLY FACE
AND A BIG BUTT
AND HIS BUTT SMELLS
AND HE LIKES TO KISS
HIS OWN BUTT
by Roger Hargreaves

Lieutenant Centaur posted:

Zzzzzzzzzzzz

Modern is great when you're playing homebrew decks with Modern legal cards instead of the same Modern tier 1 netdecks that everyone plays. Burn, Infect, Twin, Tron, Delver, *yawn*

That's legacy dude.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gridlocked
Aug 2, 2014

MR. STUPID MORON
WITH AN UGLY FACE
AND A BIG BUTT
AND HIS BUTT SMELLS
AND HE LIKES TO KISS
HIS OWN BUTT
by Roger Hargreaves

Lancelot posted:

lol people are using "netdecks" as a pejorative in this thread, we are officially mtgsalvation

My favorite part is people complaining about "netdecks" in this day and age; then acting like they are a bad fun thing.

• Locked thread