Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
odiv
Jan 12, 2003

But that works with manifest and megamorph specifically doesn't.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

odiv
Jan 12, 2003

Oh, I wasn't nitpicking, just pointing out an important difference. I'd actually prefer it synergize well with Manifest, but that probably broke something in testing.

odiv
Jan 12, 2003

I like that it's EtB and not "when you cast". Potentially good possibilities incoming for Whip and Alesha.

odiv
Jan 12, 2003

Really want mono R Devotion to be at least semi - playable. Eidolon of the Great Revel, Phoenixes, this, and Stormbreath are a great start.

odiv
Jan 12, 2003

Eugene.

odiv
Jan 12, 2003

I know it's not amazing or anything, but I'm looking forward to the simple pleasure of curving Dragon Fodder into Rabblemaster.

odiv
Jan 12, 2003

Amoeboid Changeling's time to shine?

odiv
Jan 12, 2003

Entropic posted:

This doesn't actually seem that amazing. It's Counterspell when you have your Ojutai in your hand and a really bad Force Spike every other time.
I agree with you that it doesn't seem that amazing, but you're missing half of it.

odiv
Jan 12, 2003

Rinkles posted:

Morph is deceptively powerful, but this cycle seems pretty weak.
Oh sweet a +1/+1 counter on each other... oh... dragon... nevermind.

odiv
Jan 12, 2003

It's a goddamn (planned) tragedy I can't draft this with Parapet, Flock, Savants, etc.

odiv
Jan 12, 2003

To add insult to injury I don't even get the +1/+1 counter on Herdchaser Dragon if I somehow manage to manifest it and then flip it up for 5G instead of 5GG. Let's make sure this poo poo isn't broken!

odiv
Jan 12, 2003

MiddleEastBeast posted:

He was obviously referring to the case where you hit a noncreature/nonland card, since that's the actual situation where it's good and possibly comparable to the Jaces that are guaranteed to draw you a card. Saying "well you don't have to reveal the card [in the situation where Narset is way worse than the planeswalkers people are saying is better]" is missing the point of what other people are arguing against you about.

This is a stupid loving argument, but "No, I mean sometimes you just don't get anything, and you have to show your opponent what it is." initially read to me as if you always have to show. I get what he was trying to say now, but that's not how I originally read it. Someone quoting mcmagic explaining what he thought the quote meant as if that was his own interpretation of the card and then correcting him was pretty funny though.

odiv
Jan 12, 2003

So you're saying I only need 13 mana to megamorph my dragon and activate one of these in the same turn to combo off for a +1/+1 counter on it? Sweet!

odiv
Jan 12, 2003

Gensuki posted:

I hope this is Taigam's art, assuming he gets a card that is...

Hm, he does look like he's scheming.

odiv
Jan 12, 2003

I'm pretty sure it's because the sky is blue.

odiv
Jan 12, 2003

Maybe there's been a printing error, but I don't see Delve on that card.

odiv
Jan 12, 2003

LordThorn posted:

I have an urge to play howl of the horde with that new dumb blue copy spell. Get 8x your board.
If you could settle for just 4x then having Temur Ascendancy out makes them hasty.

odiv
Jan 12, 2003

With these Exploit cards around, Soulflayer is looking a little better in limited.

What else? Sudden Reclamation? hm.

odiv
Jan 12, 2003

How is it there are way better enchantments in this block than the enchantment themed block?

odiv
Jan 12, 2003

I wonder what's changed recently with people being willing to pay for content. It seems like even 5 years ago people wouldn't be able to get donations for this sort of thing; getting people to pay for content was like pulling teeth. I think it's maybe the social aspect? Everyone egging each other on and streamers making their subs feel like part of a community. Maybe microtransactions on f2p and phone games has made people a little more willing to shell out cash?

odiv
Jan 12, 2003

gang sines posted:

lol guys i don't get why people would pay money for thing?? <-- a sick "burn" or "diss"
If that was to me, don't get me wrong, I think it's awesome. I'm just curious as to what's driving the change.

odiv
Jan 12, 2003

If they didn't charge essentially the same for paper and online it might help too, but maybe it wouldn't make a difference and people would flock to it regardless.

odiv
Jan 12, 2003

Kind of annoying that the double faced cards came about only after almost everyone was using sleeves.

odiv
Jan 12, 2003

Went 2-1-1 playing Atarka pool. Promo was the 5/3 sweeper dragon.

Fate rare was Rally! Woo!

Opened Anafenza, but couldn't play her, sadly. Round 1 my opponent dropped her turn 2 both games. He also had 3 Misthoof Kirins which were super annoying. Lost that match easily, he had a super sweet Dromoka deck that was great at curving out and stomping down.

Second match I tied because someone said to my opponent, "Why don't you kill his Sabertooth now with that kill spell because has no other creatures to bounce to make it invincible?" during our second game so I lost. They then stuck around talking and taking up our drat time so we ended up going to turns and ultimately drawing game 3. (I'm a little salty, can you tell?)

I won the next two matches.

odiv
Jan 12, 2003

I see prereleases and fnms as casual things so I don't want to be an absolute hard rear end about the rules at the expense of fun. And it turned out my opponent didn't know how Sabertooth worked, so I am not going to get too bent out of shape about it since it really was a no-brainer play. The chatting is absolutely a problem though and I should have said something, but I didn't realize we were that close to time.

Back when I was playing mono green devotion in standard I did have to politely tell people to gently caress off though, because apparently everyone wants to keep track your devotion for you. Having 3 people say 3 different numbers while I'm trying to count got on my nerves pretty loving quick.

odiv
Jan 12, 2003

It also doesn't remove Auras or +1/+1 counters.

odiv
Jan 12, 2003

Also, it's 1-player.

odiv
Jan 12, 2003

Source your quotes.

odiv
Jan 12, 2003

I still have two Khans packs online. Sell, open, draft? Hmmm.

odiv
Jan 12, 2003

Dohaeris posted:

Drafting DTK is 20 bucks on MTGO? It's usually 15 or so at my various local game stores. Or am I doing this wrong?

Let's round up and say that boosters are about 3.75 each from bots, + two tickets that's $13.25.

odiv
Jan 12, 2003

Aw poo poo I forgot about game day. I have a lovely Temur midrange deck I can maybe throw a new Surrak in. I don't have too many DTK cards yet.

odiv
Jan 12, 2003

Count Bleck posted:

That deck is strong and beautiful and don't you dare insult its magnificence :argh:
My Temur midrange is lovely though. I've basically been throwing in whatever looks good and what I can get my hands on in RUG. I've got a fair amount of one and two ofs, not even a full set of Wooded Foothills, etc.

odiv
Jan 12, 2003

I can't wait until they do a show inspired by this on Law & Order: MTG.

odiv
Jan 12, 2003

and playing against a 50 card deck. :D

edit: About to play the same Silumgar's Command for the third time...
edit2: fourth time

odiv fucked around with this message at 00:54 on May 7, 2015

odiv
Jan 12, 2003

odiv posted:

I can't wait until they do a show inspired by this on Law & Order: MTG.

"I'd love to help you out officer, but I've really got to get back to sorting these uncommons."

odiv
Jan 12, 2003

I don't know if I missed it, but that Vice doc is up: http://www.vice.com/video/the-mystical-universe-of-magic-the-gathering-000

They must have changed the URL recently, because Google and Vice search keeps trying to send me here: http://www.vice.com/video/a-college-dropouts-quest-to-be-king-of-magic-the-gathering-000

odiv
Jan 12, 2003

On the subject of documentary television about magic:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iTqXfq4sZe8

odiv
Jan 12, 2003

Also fun: Fight spells and Assault Formation.

odiv
Jan 12, 2003

Can't play live magic any time soon, so I dropped into the LGS and bought a pack just for the hell of it. They were $13 CAD each with GST which doesn't seem terrible. I'd love to hear what other Canadians are paying.

Got a Karn Liberated, which is nice since I'm building a cube.

Might see if I can squeeze in a DTK draft tonight. Wish I was good enough for 8-4s. The Swisses take forever.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

odiv
Jan 12, 2003

Lorwyn is a real place, but can you say the same for Modern Masters? Obviously not.

• Locked thread