Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Nehru the Damaja
May 20, 2005

Kyrosiris posted:

I'm still calling him Scrooge McDragon and no one will stop me.

It's Slumdog Dragonnaire or we're fighting.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nehru the Damaja
May 20, 2005

mr. mephistopheles posted:

Scrooge McDragon is vastly superior.

That clearly belongs with Hoarding Dragon or Covetous Dragon.

Nehru the Damaja
May 20, 2005

redstormpopcorn posted:

Megamorph is pretty dumb, it would work fine as regular morph with a "When ~ is turned face up, put a +1/+1 counter on it."

But you can't sell a themed set of triggers as a new mechanic if you don't put a fancy word on it. See also most non-keyword ability words.

Nehru the Damaja
May 20, 2005

So they had Cruel Edict and cut it?

Nehru the Damaja
May 20, 2005

Kabanaw posted:

Anybody that doesn't want Dragons in Magic: The Gathering: Dragons of Tarkir: We Put a Shitload of Dragons in This Set is going to be sorely disappointed.

I hate dragons so I'm hoping there's just enough cool other poo poo to make it fun.

Nehru the Damaja
May 20, 2005

bhsman posted:

Has UB/Sultai had any opponent-mill cards besides Nemesis Wave? The only other one I can think of are all Jeskai/Ojutai-related.

EDIT: As in cards meant to mill the opponent, not as a way to fuel Delve.

People asked Maro about if UB isn't going to get saddled with mill trash forever and he said like mill is still in UB but they're more cognizant now that people would appreciate some other things.

Nehru the Damaja
May 20, 2005

Kabanaw posted:

Do you hate dragons because you hate medium-to-large flying creatures with tribal elements or because they're big overhyped lizards? Because if it's the latter, good news, you can just pretend they're all sphinxes or giant rats with rotors strapped to them and the game will be mechanically equivalent.

A bit of both actually. Most of the iconic subtypes don't really have any flavor pop for me. That includes Demons though a few of them lately have been up my alley: (Bloodgift, Master of the Feast, Archfiend of Depravity.) But also I think the game is better when big flying finishers don't show up in every color. Especially green.

Nehru the Damaja
May 20, 2005

rabidsquid posted:

The most fun part of limited is a really irresponsible splash for a one of you probably shouldn't have drafted.

I once double splashed for Olivia Voldaren into a UW deck. It was the right move. She won all sorts of games better mana or another spirit wouldn't have. Also I guess it let me flashback Forbidden Alchemy.

Nehru the Damaja
May 20, 2005

Tubgoat posted:

Son of a goddamn bitch, what the gently caress is with their loving blue boner? Be this good to red mages EVER.

Print one cool blue card and it's Urza Block all over again.

Nehru the Damaja
May 20, 2005

Alaan posted:

Or a possible return to Zendikar which is probably next year at the latest. But as soon as we knew this was an ally color set that basically killed ended enemy fetches.

I don't think we're getting enemy fetches but I don't think this being an ally-colored set really requires that. Khans was more enemy than ally and that's where we got the ally fetches.

Nehru the Damaja
May 20, 2005

That is the least mythic mythic since like... Archangel's Light.

Nehru the Damaja
May 20, 2005

forbidden lesbian posted:

Zombie Lord is an easy first pick tho...

Yeah it's a good card for limited and though I'm skeptical about its constructed use outside EDH, you can't ever really ignore perpetually recurrable creatures.

It's just boring as poo poo is all. There's no mythic pop to it.

Nehru the Damaja
May 20, 2005

I'd really like to see tribal creatures get printed where the reaction is "wow that gives me a new angle to play this tribe" rather than just "okay is this guy that makes my guys bigger better than the worst guy that makes my guys bigger? If so, what's the impact on my curve?"

Nehru the Damaja
May 20, 2005

It seems like a weird about face to go from a limited environment that felt as spikey as Khans with its demanding mana bases and relatively complicated board states to LET'S JUST SLAM SOME DANG DRAGONS :byodood: that this is looking like.

Nehru the Damaja
May 20, 2005

UW monk tempo got me third place at 4-1 with garbage cards. I didn't even have the good tempo cards really. Just a decent amount of Prowess and pseudo-prowess and hecka spells.

Nehru the Damaja
May 20, 2005

All I'm getting out of Cedric here is that trainwreck of an article somehow went past multiple people who said "yes this seems good" faster than a redditor looking at Vexing Devil.

Nehru the Damaja
May 20, 2005

The last time a dude at SCG wrote about women in the game wasn't it just Chapin saying "respect women, and also shower more?" How'd we even get here.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nehru the Damaja
May 20, 2005

Still waiting on Zhalfir to phase back in, resparking Teferi in the process and the people of Zhalfir see the irradiated hellscape that's left of Dominaria and just shout "DUDE WHAT DID YOU DO."

Also it looks like Magic's going to still not be fun so that's a thing.

• Locked thread