Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Kyrosiris
May 24, 2006

You try to be happy when everyone is summoning you everywhere to "be their friend".

Entropic posted:

Except Silumgar the Elder who shall be known as Jabba.

I'm still calling him Scrooge McDragon and no one will stop me.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kyrosiris
May 24, 2006

You try to be happy when everyone is summoning you everywhere to "be their friend".

Regent -> Stormbreath -> OG Kolaghan -> :stare:

Jesus christ that's mental.

Kyrosiris
May 24, 2006

I don't think the shaman is that terrible. :shobon: I can't wait to see the first on-camera blowout with it and a mono-G devotion shell with some combo of the green siege, Hornet Queens/Pulokranos monstrous activations wiping the board, and shaman finisher.

Kyrosiris
May 24, 2006

InterrupterJones posted:

Also, all this talk about not liking dragons makes me feel like more of a minority for wanting to build my dream commander deck around Scion of the Ur-Dragon. :kiddo:

Nah, don't feel bad, all these rad dragons (plus OG Kolaghan) makes me want to make something in Grixis colors that basically results in "dragons smash". :v:

(of course I also want to make a commander deck around Alesha And Her ETB Trigger Homies so I know that feel)

Kyrosiris
May 24, 2006

mcmagic posted:

He seemed like he was implying that if someone played the command on their opponents turn that they could be "gotten" by turning on landfall for their opponent.

Doesn't read that way to me. Reads to me more like they turn on their own Searing Blaze when an opponent rightfully expects Landfall to be a non-issue (absent fetches).

Kyrosiris
May 24, 2006

Casaval posted:

I have a rules question for a deck i'm trying to make:

So if i have a battlefield thaumaturge and isochron scepter imprinted with Aurelia's fury, can I target my opponent and all this creatures and ping + lockdown them every turn?

Negative.

"You don't pay the spell's mana cost. If the spell has X in its mana cost, X is 0. You do pay any additional costs for that spell. You can't use any alternative costs."

Kyrosiris
May 24, 2006

Like, I didn't know it was a thing I wanted, but now Elesh Norn riding phyresis-ridden Emrakul is definitely a thing I want.

Kyrosiris
May 24, 2006

Does it make me a bad person that I want these decks to include Enduring Scalelords as well? :getin:

Kyrosiris
May 24, 2006

Patrick Sullivan already sounds like he's on the edge of snapping.

I feel bad for finding this so hilarious.

Kyrosiris
May 24, 2006

jassi007 posted:

Mutavault is a land and only a land in your hand. You can't reveal it for that card.

Yes, but if you have it in play and animated, you control a Dragon, and thus it's full Counterspell.

Kyrosiris
May 24, 2006

Angry Grimace posted:

No, he knows that, its that not being able to reveal it and having to pay to turn Mutavault on cuts down on the upside of the card by a lot.

Fair enough. It didn't seem like it, since Samael's whole post was predicated on having animated mutavaults, so it felt like that was overlooked. :shrug:

Kyrosiris
May 24, 2006

mcmagic posted:

poo poo. NM Anafenza sucks.

If White Weenie ever made a comeback...

Kyrosiris
May 24, 2006

Bugsy posted:

Is it the watermark or does that say it instead of if?

It's the watermark.

Kyrosiris
May 24, 2006

Kurtofan posted:

In a way, the planeswalker's guide makes me think of Kamigawa, the revered dragons are back and they rule the show, gently caress non dragons.

It doesn't seem too awful if you're one of Ojutai's. Be chill, learn stuff, don't talk common in earshot of a dragon.

Kyrosiris
May 24, 2006

Kurtofan posted:

It's a massive step down from the Jeskai though.

It's Jeskai plus segregation. Dragons are dicks

Yeah, true, just saying that like, you could be in Silumgar's territory. :v: Dragons are dicks, but Ojutai's of a dick than the rest (that we know of).

Kyrosiris
May 24, 2006

Count Bleck posted:

Now if you'll excuse me, I have to vomit my brains out because they printed hornets in the color of insects.

No, but man, they're deadly flying hornets. That's a bug too far.

Kyrosiris
May 24, 2006

Balon posted:

Blue Regent:

Icefall Regent 3UU
Creature - Dragon
Rare
Flying
When Icefall Regent enters the battlefield, tap target creature an opponent controls. That creature doesn't untap during its controller's untap step for as long as you control Icefall Regent.
Spells your opponents cast that target Icefall Regent cost 2 more to cast.
4/3

Kaervek's Dragon? :v:

Kyrosiris
May 24, 2006

Those Islands are all super pretty.

Kyrosiris
May 24, 2006

Dohaeris posted:

Would that command prevent Crux of Fate from destroying creatures or only prevent direct damage spells?

Only damage. It even says as much. "Prevent all damage target instant or sorcery spell would deal this turn."

Kyrosiris
May 24, 2006

I kinda get a few of the criticisms levied, but yeah, it loses luster when it's inaccurate/confused about rotation and also is coming from a Warhammer player. :v:

I fully admit that I quit in RAV/TSP standard because I was tired of getting my poo poo ruined at FNM by "netdecked" (I've since gotten over using that as a nasty epithet, but it's the most accurate term) Dredge and Dragonstorm decks while I couldn't even afford shocklands (and I didn't/still don't enjoy the art of trading up to target pieces). But in my older, mildly wiser age now, I know that's on me, not the game. I wish Magic was cheaper to get into at a decent level, but I can still enjoy watching due to all the online content nowadays, so meh.

Kyrosiris
May 24, 2006

deftest posted:

Magic is expensive. It's not necessarily less fun when you want to play but don't want to spend $20 on Thragtusks

On the other hand, it very well can be. The LGS I played at back when I did was super competitive, and coming to FNM and getting blown out 0-4 every week is kind of a downer. I seem to remember there being something about how they handled promos that incentivized placing better to have a better shot, which was also a drag, but it's been years.

Kyrosiris
May 24, 2006

rabidsquid posted:

It would suck if the only place you can play is FNM and the only FNM available is super competitive but I really hope this isn't the case very often.

Yeah, I'm not trying to extrapolate my experiences to anyone else or use it as a condemnation of Magic in general (though I did at the time - that was me being a dumb 20 year old). Just saying that for me, there were definitely periods of "man, if I had more cash to spend on The Good Cards I could win and have more fun but I don't :smith:".

Pre-releases were always fun though, but those tend to happen at the Fort Worth Convention Center around here, which is annoying to get to without a car as a Dallasite.

Kyrosiris
May 24, 2006

I wonder if U/W heroics start using some number of Center Souls instead of/in addition to their Gods Willings. Is one colorless worth getting the effect again at the cost of the scry?

Kyrosiris
May 24, 2006

I forget, was Virulent Plague spoiled before?

Because drat. Pretty solid middle finger at token strategies.

Kyrosiris
May 24, 2006

Entropic posted:

Can we just pause for a moment to appreciate this art?

I GOTS DRAGON ARMS THEY'RE SPEWIN FIRE ALL OVER I CAN'T BE RESPONSIBLE FOR WHAT THEY BURN LOOK OUT GUYS

Yeah, I busted out laughing at it when I saw it in the spoiler, my coworker asked wtf I was laughing at, and then started also laughing at it.

Art owns.

Kyrosiris
May 24, 2006

Zoness posted:

I want this art for every aura card that gives someone firebreathing.

I was gonna say, if this art doesn't get reused somewhere it's going to be a goddamned pity.

Kyrosiris
May 24, 2006

tirinal posted:

This card makes me happiest of all cards.

I can't wait to watch LSV draft three of them and somehow make it work.

Kyrosiris
May 24, 2006

UberJew posted:

If you managed to get three of them I don't think you'd need to be LSV to make it work, the noncreature spells in DTK/DTK/FRF are really, really good.

I'm more referencing that time he drafted three Goblinslides and somehow made it work. :v:

Kyrosiris
May 24, 2006

suicidesteve posted:

For all the proof of this you'll ever need, just watch SCG's Twitch whenever a moderately attractive girl is on screen. Then watch people's responses to getting timed out. I've had to block entirely to many people using the term "SJW" unironically.

I still don't understand why they brought the chat back.

Kyrosiris
May 24, 2006

Chill la Chill posted:

Guess it kind of makes sense if you put it that way. I've never found them entertaining enough to pay for and its always been donations and never an entry fee. Movies and SA are entry fees.

Yeah, for me it's very few and far between, but I've kicked like $5 here or there to a couple of people.

I'd be more likely to donate to haumph if he'd get rid of all the stupid sound effects (or at least level/normalize them to his speech holy poo poo).

Kyrosiris
May 24, 2006

Madmarker posted:

Actually can we just get some more Tamiyo here, she is the best walker.

I did smile when she was in the between-match art on VSL this week. :unsmith:

Kyrosiris
May 24, 2006

This may be the wrong thread for this - if it is, feel free to send me on my way.

I was browsing some deck list and had a freakout moment when I saw that Crucible is $30 on tcgplayer pricing. Could've sworn I had one in what little remains I have of a "collection" (read: two decks and a smattering of singles), but I was wrong. That said I did find a few singles that are actually worth something (a Jitte and Pact of Negation that I knew about, and turns out Sliver Legions are $45 a pop on SCG? :eyepop:), and was wondering - for someone who's probably not going to play outside of drafts or prereleases and stuff, what's the best way to sell a few moderate-value singles like that? Go through one of the big stores, open up my own TCGPlayer storefront, or?

(I guess I could also throw them up in the SA-Mart megathread?)

Kyrosiris
May 24, 2006

Cool, thanks for the opinions. :)

I wasn't sure about selling them to a LGS because A) I don't even go out to one that often and B) I figured the stuff would be old enough/not in demand enough for them to want to bother aside from the Jitte.

Kyrosiris
May 24, 2006

Count Bleck posted:

Sliver Legion is expensive because it's popular and hard to find(ish)

Yeah, it was quite a nice surprise finding SCG buylists it at 30 and I have three.

Kyrosiris
May 24, 2006

Count Bleck posted:

Everyone is going Ojutai because people are sheep and actually believe Narset is a pre-release promo. She won't be.

I want to pick Ojutai because I like her the most of the dragonlords v:shobon:v

Kyrosiris
May 24, 2006

The formatting of the MODO Championships is hilarious. 3 rounds Vintage, 4 rounds Modern on Friday, 3 rounds DTK/DTK/FRF draft, 4 rounds Standard on Saturday, cut to top four, then Standard semifinals into a Vintage/Modern/Standard (if needed) finals.

Holy poo poo that owns.

Kyrosiris
May 24, 2006

Applebees posted:

Could I get a link?

It was announced during last night's VSL games, I dunno if there's a link anywhere yet.

Kyrosiris
May 24, 2006

Well, Shaheen Soorani just gave an Utter End Rebound with Narset. :allears:

E: He just gave Dig through Time Rebound. :laffo:

Kyrosiris fucked around with this message at 18:48 on Mar 27, 2015

Kyrosiris
May 24, 2006

qbert posted:

I think Narset drew like 10 cards that game?

IIRC, there were four hits on the +1, a free Utter End, a free Dig Through Time, and she drew an opponent's Wild Slash.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kyrosiris
May 24, 2006

Jeskai combo is so fun to watch go off. :neckbeard:

• Locked thread