Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

large hands
Jan 24, 2006
refried beans, chickpeas ready for hummus with no soaking. pressure steaming glutinous rice, black bean and garlic short ribs and other stuff that usually takes a while in a steamer.

Kenji's pressure cooker tomato sauce and Bolognese and risotto are all great.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

large hands
Jan 24, 2006
made this bad boy in my instant pot

large hands
Jan 24, 2006

Trastion posted:

Looks nice, recipe?

cake is cheesecake recipe #17 from the instant pot website, i parbaked the crust and followed the directions for the lighter/creamier came. topping is https://www.tastesoflizzyt.com/easy-raspberry-sauce-recipe/

large hands
Jan 24, 2006
pressure cooker is great for stock. I've made plenty of Hong Kong superior stock in mine over the years.

just made a simple pork and chicken ramen broth in my instant pot a while ago and it was great, cooked it at pressure for about 45 minutes iirc

large hands
Jan 24, 2006

Ranter posted:

OK I am making the pork feet + chicken carcass ramen broth in the instant pot right now. Loosely followed Kenji's traditional recipe without the pre-boil and obviously I'm not doing the 12 hour stove-top rolling boil.

Was it the traditional cloudy broth, or clear like Kenji says?

It was pretty clear. I wasn't going for the crazy milky tonkotsu style, though, just a basic broth...

large hands
Jan 24, 2006

Taima posted:

There's no way that's anywhere near as good as the Serious Eats pressure cooker bolognese, I'm sure it's tasty tho

yeah the recipe above just looks like the SE one but without the extra meats, parmesan, fresh sage and gelatin. i have vacuum bags full of the SE stuff in the freezer and my wife and i are totally addicted to it it's just crazy good.

large hands
Jan 24, 2006

wormil posted:

The Indian Instant Pot recipe book discussed awhile back is on sale.

Indian Instant Pot® Cookbook: Traditional Indian Dishes Made Easy and Fast https://www.amazon.com/dp/1939754542/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_apa_tM5eAbBJ1KYDD

thanks, picked up a Kindle copy. I'm excited to try some biryani in the ip.

large hands
Jan 24, 2006
Made some bun bo hue last night from this recipe. Used brisket instead of finger meat and normal wide pho noodles instead of the usual spaghetti like ones because I prefer them but otherwise the same. Absolutely delicious, I could eat it every day.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

large hands
Jan 24, 2006

mich posted:

Bun bo hue is my favorite food. By usual spaghetti like noodles, do you mean thin bun used for grilled meat noodle bowls and such? If so, look for bun specifically for bun bo hue, they are thicker and chewier.

No, not the vermicelli you get in bowls w grilled pork and whatnot, the normal round bun bo hue noodles. I guess spaghetti wasn't a great comparison. I just prefer the banh pho.