Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Beastie
Nov 3, 2006

They used to call me tricky-kid, I lived the life they wish they did.

I still have THPS 2 and Toy Commander I could probably get like $300 for it and two controllers but it would finally mean the end of an era.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

Do you want to own it, to play games on it?

Mr. Sophistication
May 16, 2014

I know this wasn't your original avatar but I just love this game. Cheers, rediscover.
do whatever the gently caress you want to, retard

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

i think the old games being super valuable thing is a bubble that will pop any day now and you should get a ridiculous sum of money for old useless poo poo while you can

givepatajob
Apr 8, 2003

One finds that this is the best of all possible worlds.

Beastie posted:

I could probably get like $300 for it

Good luck with that. I suggest you take it on Antiques Roadshow to find the true value.

THE PENETRATOR
Jul 27, 2014

by Lowtax
a dreamcast is worth like 40 bux op

man nurse
Feb 18, 2014

A Dreamcast it not worth much yet has an incredibly win library of games not found elsewhere that are very easy to obtain. I would think you a fool to sell it

Black Baby Goku
Apr 2, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo
someone send me a dreamcast and record of the Lodoss war

Stink fag
Aug 21, 2014
Virtua Tennis

Quirk
Oct 11, 2004

You might surprise yourself.
NO GODAMMIT

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

Though the battle might be endless, I will never give up
lol $300

Extra Large Marge
Jan 21, 2004

Fun Shoe
Are you that desperate for 30 dollars?

metricchip
Jul 16, 2014

300 Pesos at best.

The Taint Reaper
Sep 4, 2012

by Shine
The last time I heard someone selling a dreamcast, it was bonzi buddy and he used the money to buy a carton of cigarettes.

Great Joe
Aug 13, 2008

No, OP.

Beastie
Nov 3, 2006

I have been in touch with a local museum who wishes to feature it in their "pinnacle of video entertainment exhibit".

Guy Freeman
Aug 31, 2006
You should buy a second Dreamcast.

NickRoweFillea
Sep 27, 2012

doin thangs
OP, if I am not mistaken you can burn dreamcast games on any old dvd-r and play them no sweat, so take that into consideration

Fredrik1
Jan 22, 2005

Gopherslayer
:rock:
Fallen Rib
Never ever sell your video games.

Soral
May 30, 2009

buy a sega saturn with your dreamcast money, op

a.lo
Sep 12, 2009

worth it for the skies of arcadia

SeXReX
Jan 9, 2009

I drink, mostly.
And get mad at people on the internet

:emptyquote:

Fredrik1 posted:

Never ever sell your video games.

This

I've sold exactly one game my entire life, it was yoshi's story and I regret it to this day.

Frank Horrigan
Jul 31, 2013

by Ralp
I traded my copy of XIII for a copy of Blood Wake. I have never forgiven myself.

Bolverkur
Aug 9, 2012

Beastie
Nov 3, 2006

I wish I had XIII so I could hear the b-grade voice acting of Mulder.

Myron
Jul 13, 2009

Buy Fur Fighters and enjoy owning a Dreamcast with a complete library.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Beastie
Nov 3, 2006

Anyone remember Dynamite Cop? They sure don't make 'em like that any more ill tell you what.

liquid courage
Aug 12, 2011

sell the games, take out the drive (because dreamcasts disc drives are poo poo) and put one of these in it. sell your games, play the entire library instead, and keep the dreamcast.

barkbell
Apr 14, 2006

woof
dreamcast is maybe the best console ever released

Gobblecoque
Sep 6, 2011
i'll buy your dreamcast for 300 zimbabwean dollars

The Taint Reaper
Sep 4, 2012

by Shine
Does anyone want to see my dreamcast collection? It's pretty big and I keep it right next to a 3ft tall mt dew bottle.

THE PENETRATOR
Jul 27, 2014

by Lowtax
Should I sell my copy of Destiny for the PS4?

Beastie
Nov 3, 2006

If you reset the system clock some of the games have seasonal changes, that's worth like $60 alone, show me a current gen system (excluding pc) that does the same thing.

Mikedawson
Jun 21, 2013

Sell it on 9 AM on September 9th.

Heran Bago
Aug 18, 2006

The entire library could be a stack of CD-Rs. If you're willing to mod it then it could also be hard drive or maybe USB stick soon.

You can carry over your Shenmue (European) save data to Shenmue 2. Don't do it OP.

Beve Stuscemi
Jun 6, 2001

The dreamcast is a very cool system with a lot of fun games and also happens to not be worth much money so I say keep it op, it's not like you're going to get rich off it

Extra Large Marge
Jan 21, 2004

Fun Shoe
Instead of selling your Dreamcast you should be drinking red bull and playing Bangai-O all night

chaosbreather
Dec 9, 2001

Wry and wise,
but also very sexual.

ok here's life 101. do you have an addiction you need to feed because you're a disgusting junkie? if so, yeah sell your poo poo for peanuts, otherwise no, keep it, it's yours, idiot, or give it to someone you want to make happier who will like it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pookum
Mar 5, 2011

gaming is life
if its one of the older dreamcasts that runs windows you can burn a cd with a snes emu on it.

also marvel vs capcop 2 is great if you have friends to play with

• Locked thread