Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Beer4TheBeerGod
Aug 23, 2004
Exciting Lemon

MrLogan posted:

If no one wants the Redskins, I will take them. I'm still giving input on Raider's picks, though.

I'll take them unless your heart is set on the shitshow.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Beer4TheBeerGod
Aug 23, 2004
Exciting Lemon

MrLogan posted:

Go ahead. I was simply going to go BPA every round for them since they have so many holes.

Hopefully our new GM does the same after trading down as much as possible.

Beer4TheBeerGod
Aug 23, 2004
Exciting Lemon
I agree with waiting a week. Maybe in the interim we can discuss our thoughts on what our teams need..

Beer4TheBeerGod
Aug 23, 2004
Exciting Lemon

swickles posted:

No. If the team you are representing makes a trade in real life before we start drafting, then the order will change. So if the Broncos jettison Manning for a 1st and 2nd, then that would be reflected. No one on this board is allowed to make trades. Last time they did trades literally every pick was shifted around and I am sure as poo poo not tracking all that. Also, most trades involve future picks as well, so its kind of silly when there is literally no consequence to trading the next 4 years of 1st round picks to move up 10 spots.

Isn't there a pretty well acknowledged draft pick value chart that the NFL uses? What if we required that all trades had to be equitable based on that chart?

Beer4TheBeerGod
Aug 23, 2004
Exciting Lemon

No Butt Stuff posted:

Why do we care about trades? It makes this overly complicated and we wait forever and people lose interest before the second round.

It's not like we are going to be close to accurate anyway.

Works for me. I'm cool with whatever at this stage (with the exception of starting before FA).

Beer4TheBeerGod
Aug 23, 2004
Exciting Lemon
If any Redskins football nerds wants to PM me so we can talk draft, I'm all for it.

Beer4TheBeerGod
Aug 23, 2004
Exciting Lemon
There. zimbomonkey is now free to draft Marcus Mariota.

My dream is that we get to this point and then Cleveland gives us their two first rounders for the chance to waste draft Mariota.

Beer4TheBeerGod
Aug 23, 2004
Exciting Lemon

No Butt Stuff posted:

I'm surprised the Washington racists didn't draft a certain QB to take over rg3s spot.

We're not allowed to get any new toys. We broke the last one.

That said I would love to have Mariota fall in our lap and get Cleveland to trade the #12 and #19 for him. Then draft Brandon Scherff and Ereck Flowers.

Beer4TheBeerGod
Aug 23, 2004
Exciting Lemon

Gatts posted:

The real Browns might do that, but not Mr. Armchair here.

You haven't heard about my cunning plan yet:

1. Find every homeless man in Cleveland.

2. Give them $10 and this picture:

3. Tell them they'll get $20 more if they tell that man to get Marcus Mariota from Washington at any price.

Beer4TheBeerGod
Aug 23, 2004
Exciting Lemon

axeil posted:

I need help Eagles goons. Please send me your PMs/insane ramblings.

Given Chip Kelly's current run, I'd say drafting a kicker in the first is your best bet.

Beer4TheBeerGod
Aug 23, 2004
Exciting Lemon

TheFlyingLlama posted:

Whoops, sorry for the bit of a hold up. Pretty happy that Flowers was on the board though, I think he's as good as any LT prospect in the draft, and lord knows the Panthers need someone decent there.

Nice choice.

Beer4TheBeerGod
Aug 23, 2004
Exciting Lemon
Looking over needs and the Redskin's position, it seems obvious that they would easily benefit from trading back. While having an elite pass rusher is good there are holes throughout the entire roster and many of those needs could be addressed near the end of the first.

Beer4TheBeerGod
Aug 23, 2004
Exciting Lemon
Godammit.

Beer4TheBeerGod fucked around with this message at 19:30 on Mar 20, 2015

Beer4TheBeerGod
Aug 23, 2004
Exciting Lemon
Selected. Defenses win championships, right?

Beer4TheBeerGod
Aug 23, 2004
Exciting Lemon

Coldforge posted:

I've got six players targeted in round two, and just seven picks to go. I likes my chances :dance:

Don't worry, they'll all be gone.

Beer4TheBeerGod
Aug 23, 2004
Exciting Lemon
I was debating between Armstead and Johnson, but Johnson looks super promising after MrLogan set me right.

Beer4TheBeerGod
Aug 23, 2004
Exciting Lemon

Yeah yeah, you helped too.

Beer4TheBeerGod
Aug 23, 2004
Exciting Lemon
Oh god more loving dog chat in the Football Forum.

(More dogge chat please.)

Beer4TheBeerGod
Aug 23, 2004
Exciting Lemon
Yeah, Fisher is a solid pick.

Beer4TheBeerGod
Aug 23, 2004
Exciting Lemon

No Butt Stuff posted:

Good News: Moving to KC.

Bad News: Wife's pregnancy is apparently getting more complicated, the hospitals in the area haven't decided if they'll "accept" her into the maternity program, the housing market is on fire so all the good ones in the areas we're looking are gone in like a day, and the trip we were going to take to KC tomorrow through Sunday may now not happen because the twins may have Twin-to-Twin Transfusion Syndrome.

I'm about to be very busy. Or not busy at all.

If any other Chiefs fans would like to be on stand-by in case I have to disappear for a bit, I can PM you a couple guys I'm keeping an eye on for other rounds, at least to cover round 3.

I have PMs, but you can just post in the thread and I can text/e-mail you if need be so we can work it out.

Holy poo poo. You're moving and your wife is pregnant with twins? You're either insane or a far better man than I. Probably both.

As a fellow husband to a pregnant wife, best of luck and I hope for everyone's health and sanity.

Beer4TheBeerGod
Aug 23, 2004
Exciting Lemon

No Butt Stuff posted:

I also have two other children who are currently at their grandparents in Missouri already. I'm working my way up to Phil Rivers status.

Do you own a bolo tie?

Beer4TheBeerGod
Aug 23, 2004
Exciting Lemon

Coldforge posted:

Diggs looks really, really good. Shame he kept getting freak injuries in college.

Everybody was getting freak injuries in Maryland. One year we were on our fifth string quarterback by the end of the season.

Beer4TheBeerGod
Aug 23, 2004
Exciting Lemon

Metapod posted:

maybe the field quality is poor

I believe it was the same year they installed FieldTurf.

Beer4TheBeerGod
Aug 23, 2004
Exciting Lemon
Perriman was ranked as a super early second rounder so I consider that a total steal.

Beer4TheBeerGod
Aug 23, 2004
Exciting Lemon

wandler20 posted:

Surprised no one grabbed Devin Smith, or am I missing it?

Nope. Still out there.

Beer4TheBeerGod
Aug 23, 2004
Exciting Lemon
And that is how you know you made the right choice.

Beer4TheBeerGod
Aug 23, 2004
Exciting Lemon
Serious draft nerds ITT.

Beer4TheBeerGod
Aug 23, 2004
Exciting Lemon
Pick made. I'm going strict BPA right now, and my sheet says this guy is it. Walter Football and Draftek have him as a mid 2nd rounder and Scouts as a late 3rd. Our secondary is a disaster and converting a corner to safety would make sense (and has already been talked about).

Beer4TheBeerGod
Aug 23, 2004
Exciting Lemon

Forever_Peace posted:

D Smith could turn out to be the steal of the draft so far. If I hadn't already taken an OT in the 2nd that I liked, I'd be all over him. He was clearly the BPA, but Lorenzo was too good of a fit at too good if a value to pass up.

I checked the list of drafted players twice because I figured there was no way he could still be there.

KettleWL posted:

I promise I'm not an ole miss fan, but I think this is the BPA that fits a need for Chicago, and they need a lot of secondary players in general.

Cody Prewitt was one of the players I was considering, and aside from one other was definitely BPA on my list. Nice pick.

Beer4TheBeerGod
Aug 23, 2004
Exciting Lemon
CB seems super deep.

Beer4TheBeerGod
Aug 23, 2004
Exciting Lemon
Robert and Griffin.

Beer4TheBeerGod
Aug 23, 2004
Exciting Lemon
At this stage I just look at my big board and pick up the highest position of need. This time it worked out really well because Mike Davis was both a position of need (with Helu gone we need a pass catching RB for 3rd down work) and the highest guy on my draft board.

Beer4TheBeerGod
Aug 23, 2004
Exciting Lemon

Shath Hole posted:

Yeah, this is pretty much me. Some of you nerds have lists and rankings and poo poo and are ready like 10 picks in advance. I go "Oh poo poo, it's my turn" and spend all of 3 minutes researching before picking a guy. I would make an excellent GM irl

In my case I had no loving clue what I was doing so I treated it like it was a fantasy football draft. Grabbed every ranking I could find, aggregated the results, and started drafting by need. On the plus side it's made me learn a lot more about potential picks which is cool. As for my team (depth charts found here):

Pre-FA 2015 Depth Chart

Free Agency Moves: Chris Culliver (CB), Stephen Paea (DT), Terrance Knighton (DT), Jeron Johnson (S), Michael Hill (RB), Justin Rogers (CB), Colt McCoy (LOL)

WAS Team Needs: Secondary, Offensive Line, Pass Rush, RB Depth, Owner

1.5: Vic Beasley, DE, Clemson
2.6: Kevin Johnson, CB, Wake Forest
3.5: Cedric Ogbuehi, OT, Texas A&M
4.5: D'Joun Smith, CB, FAU
5.5: Mike Davis, RB, South Carolina

Overall I'm fairly pleased with this. One of the nice things about having a team that's in such disarray is that I can really focus on value and still address needs. Cornerback is incredibly deep this year and while Chris Culliver addresses some need DeAngelo Hall isn't getting any younger. D'Joun Smith might also be a good fit at safety. Ogbuehi should help with the offensive line and I like him as a third rounder, and Mike Davis will hopefully fill the void that Roy Helu left. In retrospect I could probably have dropped one of the CBs for an offensive linemen, but drafts are such a crap shoot that it probably doesn't matter. Hopefully the defensive improvements will at least make us competitive.

Coldforge posted:

You stole my RB :colbert:

Are you expecting to be third and long a lot this year?

Beer4TheBeerGod
Aug 23, 2004
Exciting Lemon
I keep track of this thread but if I don't respond in time blame a newborn induced lack of sleep.

Beer4TheBeerGod
Aug 23, 2004
Exciting Lemon
The funny part is that based on PFF grades the Redskins could use an upgrade at long snapper.

Beer4TheBeerGod
Aug 23, 2004
Exciting Lemon
I was all worried about being the slacker, but fortunately it seems like you guys are still a ways away.

Beer4TheBeerGod
Aug 23, 2004
Exciting Lemon

Beer4TheBeerGod posted:

In my case I had no loving clue what I was doing so I treated it like it was a fantasy football draft. Grabbed every ranking I could find, aggregated the results, and started drafting by need. On the plus side it's made me learn a lot more about potential picks which is cool. As for my team (depth charts found here):

Pre-FA 2015 Depth Chart

Free Agency Moves: Chris Culliver (CB), Stephen Paea (DT), Terrance Knighton (DT), Jeron Johnson (S), Michael Hill (RB), Justin Rogers (CB), Colt McCoy (LOL)

WAS Team Needs: Secondary, Offensive Line, Pass Rush, RB Depth, Owner

1.5: Vic Beasley, DE, Clemson
2.6: Kevin Johnson, CB, Wake Forest
3.5: Cedric Ogbuehi, OT, Texas A&M
4.5: D'Joun Smith, CB, FAU
5.5: Mike Davis, RB, South Carolina

Overall I'm fairly pleased with this. One of the nice things about having a team that's in such disarray is that I can really focus on value and still address needs. Cornerback is incredibly deep this year and while Chris Culliver addresses some need DeAngelo Hall isn't getting any younger. D'Joun Smith might also be a good fit at safety. Ogbuehi should help with the offensive line and I like him as a third rounder, and Mike Davis will hopefully fill the void that Roy Helu left. In retrospect I could probably have dropped one of the CBs for an offensive linemen, but drafts are such a crap shoot that it probably doesn't matter. Hopefully the defensive improvements will at least make us competitive.

Since we're winding things down what do you guys think of Washington's draft?

Beer4TheBeerGod
Aug 23, 2004
Exciting Lemon

ZenVulgarity posted:

I'd be right on Scherff if Washington wasn't dumb

At least the Giants don't have to get Armstead

I actually contemplated drafting Scherff 5th overall.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Beer4TheBeerGod
Aug 23, 2004
Exciting Lemon
MrLogan helped, although he did talk me out of drafting Scherff. :laugh:

• Locked thread