Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Rasczak
Mar 30, 2005

Woo I'll do Cowboys

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rasczak
Mar 30, 2005

Disillusionist posted:

I'll do the Cowboys. I've drafted for them the last two seasons though so if someone else wants to step in go ahead.

Rasczak posted:

Woo I'll do Cowboys

:colbert:

Rasczak
Mar 30, 2005

They're like leprechauns: yes they probably exist but if you wanted to get a hold of one you'd likely have to build a trap

Rasczak
Mar 30, 2005

warcrimes posted:

Whoa, should we at least wait a week for the major FAs to be sorted? Although I guess that won't impact the first round much.

I remember last year I might've gone a different route in the 1st round after seeing what my team did in the first days of free agency, but since my team this year is picking so late anyways I guess I'm good either way! :shrug:

Forever_Peace posted:

Huh, JAX might be harder than I thought. Lot of young guys on the roster without a clear sense of how good they can be.

Like, the O-line LOOKED like a train wreck last year, but the front office apparently really likes the talent they have coming through (outside of right tackle probably). Luke Joeckel and Brandon Linder are the real deal, and Zane Beadles just signed a big contract. The CBs (Colvin/McCray) look promising, and the safeties could be alright too (though who knows).

Outside of drafting DL at the top of the first and taking all the linebackers (I like Telvin Smith though), there's a lot of tough choices to make. Do they take a WR, or keep rolling with Hurns/Robinson/Lee? If Gurley/Gordon is there at the top of the second, do they take him (presumably over signing a FA in a year or two)? Do they take LB before RT, at the risk of having JAG instead of a potentially above-average line?

Halp.

Hmm Telvin Smith where do I know that name from

Rasczak 2014 Mock Draft posted:

That was the last pick the Bears have, so might as well review. Bears defense last year was Real Bad, maybe even approaching 2013 Cowboys bad (ok maybe not quite that terrible). As a result I guess I somewhat focused on defense in this draft:

1.14 Timmy Jernigan, DT Florida State
2.51 Kareem Martin, DE North Carolina
3.75 Jaylen Watkins, CB/FS Florida
4.?? Telvin Smith, OLB Florida State
6.?? Dezmen Southward, SS Wisconsin
6.?? Preston Brown, ILB Louisville

I might not've traded the 5th if I knew the draft would actually make it this far, and I wanted Carl Bradford over Smith because I would've preferred a Sam over of a Will, otherwise I'm good with how things shook out.

:smug:

Rasczak
Mar 30, 2005

ShakeZula posted:

Pick is in. Tough choice, but I felt like the DL talent-level drops off this year faster than some other positions of need.

Yeah, I didn't really plan to go RB so early with a class this deep but Gordon was the clear BPA there and a position of need so I said gently caress IT STICKIN' TO THE BIG BOARD

Rasczak
Mar 30, 2005

Yeah, I didn't really expect Gordon to make it past Arizona

Rasczak
Mar 30, 2005

I remember regretting trading away something like a 5th round pick last year because I didn't think the draft would make it that far and then it totally did.

Rasczak
Mar 30, 2005

seiferguy posted:

I think Devin Smith was the best WR available. He's got great speed, so maybe this would open up the deep game for Russell Wilson.

I thought that was a really solid pick there

Rasczak
Mar 30, 2005

I know the positional value of RBs has declined or whatever but gat drat y'all

Rasczak
Mar 30, 2005

If you don't get rock fuckin hard at the prospect of drafting linemen then I don't know what to tell you

Rasczak
Mar 30, 2005

If I didn't get Gordon in the 1st, unless somebody crazy dropped the primary target would've been Coleman at the bottom of the 2nd

Rasczak
Mar 30, 2005

The Puppy Bowl posted:

I'll trade you Kelechi Osemele for Dez Bryant straight up. Best WR for the best guard is fair.

When a top 5-10 prospect drops for dumb reasons that's a whole other thing tho

Rasczak
Mar 30, 2005

Mod request to changename b0ng to d0ng, thanks in advance

Rasczak
Mar 30, 2005

You know Lechler's getting a little long in the tooth, maybe the Texans should consider a new punter

Rasczak
Mar 30, 2005

Feeling pretty good about the value of my picks so far, I didn't think Alex Carter would still be on the board at the bottom of the 3rd

Rasczak
Mar 30, 2005

I'm in this thing for the long haul fuckers so put on your big boy pants and get it done

Rasczak
Mar 30, 2005

New York Giants/ZenVulgarity are up next.

Rasczak
Mar 30, 2005

ZenVulgarity posted:

Who the gently caress should I pick

Kyle Loomis

Rasczak
Mar 30, 2005

William Robert and Patrick Raymond

Billy Bob and Ricky Ray

Rasczak
Mar 30, 2005

seiferguy posted:

Since b0ng failed to draft on time with the last pick, should we bug Intruder to pick for him again?

Yes.

On a related note, I see that my changename request for b0ng to be changed to d0ng did not go through

Rasczak
Mar 30, 2005

swickles posted:

Round 5 order up:

b0ng picks twice in the next round :negative:

Rasczak
Mar 30, 2005

johnfw50 pick whoever that player was that you picked one spot early

Rasczak
Mar 30, 2005

Right on, TheFlyingLlama and the Carolina Panthers are now up

Rasczak
Mar 30, 2005

Just got off the treadmill, will be picking shortly

E: Pick is in, ShakeZula is up

Rasczak fucked around with this message at 17:28 on Apr 13, 2015

Rasczak
Mar 30, 2005

Coldforge posted:

He's also probably going to be very good, though. Doesn't seem right.

Edit: Do they need a RB? Thomas Rawls would be perfect (3 felony charges, academic issues).

They drafted Abdullah in the 2nd round. How about A.J. Johnson, ILB, Tennessee. Indicted by a grand jury on two counts of aggrevated rape.

Rasczak
Mar 30, 2005

I support whatever results in them not getting good draft picks because they clearly don't deserve them

Rasczak
Mar 30, 2005

Arabian Jesus posted:

Hey guys this has been the weekend from hell and I'm sorry for slowing this thing down. If I miss another pick just draft punters the rest of the way for me.

Nah, we wouldn't do that

For one thing you'll also need a long snapper for that punter

Rasczak
Mar 30, 2005

Coldforge posted:

Welp, ZenVulgarity posted in another TFF thread this afternoon, but still hasn't made his pick here.

Punter?

Yeah, pull the trigger

Rasczak
Mar 30, 2005

seiferguy posted:

Seriously ya'all, if you have PMs, try to be cool and message the guy in front of you once you make a pick.

Zen doesn't have PMs or I would've, and we tried to get a hold of him!

Rasczak
Mar 30, 2005

Gatts pick is in, Silly Burrito is up next, sent him a PM

Rasczak
Mar 30, 2005

ZenVulgarity posted:

You could have went the extra mile and bought me an upgrade. :colbert:

I don't know what kind of communist utopia you think this is, we need to be able to differentiate from the forum poors

Rasczak
Mar 30, 2005

Crazy picks are in, Coldforge is up

Rasczak
Mar 30, 2005

d0ng b0ng has been AWOL since his 2nd round pick, and Andrew East out of Vanderbilt is probably the best long snapper on the board

Unless y'all wanted to give him the worst long snapper, that's fine too

Rasczak
Mar 30, 2005

Fine, give him the worst long snapper then.

....who is the worst long snapper?

Rasczak
Mar 30, 2005

Atticus Finch posted:

I've never done it so me.

Where did you go to college?

Rasczak
Mar 30, 2005

I guess SA2K is up then?

Rasczak
Mar 30, 2005

We're only like seven picks away from my 5th round pick, c'mon axeil :negative:

Rasczak
Mar 30, 2005

ShakeZula posted:

I was hopeful we could at least finish up the 5th round.

I swear to god I'm going to drag this thread the rest of the way to my 5th round pick

Should we go ahead and pick for axeil, or give him a little more time? I sent him a PM a few hours ago

Rasczak
Mar 30, 2005

Unless someone has a better suggestion: Wil Baumann, P, NC State is a punter of footballs

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rasczak
Mar 30, 2005

Alright the Eagles picked, the Bengals and korrandark are on the board, PM sent

• Locked thread