Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Ronwayne
Nov 20, 2007

That warm and fuzzy feeling.

signalnoise posted:

Yeah, they've definitely got some kind of spirit animal magic going on. I don't really get what the conquistadors are even doing in that time period, either other than supposedly looking for the fountain of youth, but I think Ponce de Leon had been dead for like 200 years at the time of the civil war.

Necropost from the start of this thread, but fun historical fact: Some of his expedition's gear was floating around even at that time. Chief Iron Jacket of the Comanches wore a breast plate almost certainly scavenged from the Spanish centuries ago and handed down as a family artifact. :eng101:

On topic: Has anyone mentioned the Shadowrun Orcs=Black People thing? Because jesus christ. :psyduck: (Complete with mechanical enforcement of inferior intelligence, lifespan, and charisma)

Ronwayne fucked around with this message at 12:16 on Mar 12, 2015

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ronwayne
Nov 20, 2007

Yyeah, I'm gonna go with "handling poorly." Are official novels set in canon universes allowed or is that too fish-in-a-barrel?

Ed: does anyone want to tackle Exalted? I am too burned out at this point. Bury my heart at Ghost Rape hill.

Ronwayne fucked around with this message at 17:36 on Mar 12, 2015

Ronwayne
Nov 20, 2007

In an attempt to properly grimdarkify their universe they inadvertently(?) created a world where Ferguson PD and Zimmerman did nothing wrong.

Ronwayne
Nov 20, 2007

^Warhammer 40k's policy of never ever having more than one black person on screen at the same time* has likely solved more problems than its caused. Genocidal crackers 24/7.

*salamanders don't count.

Ronwayne
Nov 20, 2007

This being said, I'll say straight out the 40k rpg for playing a Chaos dude is amazingly Whyzzard free, considering the source material. I'm talking like Owod-tasteful holocaust book levels of (relatively) unembaressing.

Ronwayne
Nov 20, 2007

Yeah. There is a considerable lack of 4chan style 'lol pricks and dicks' going on with FFG slaanesh, compared to the source material. The dickgirl mutation* (which makes you incredibly popular and socially adept) aside.

*I'm being somewhat uncharitable. Its somewhat vauge and could mean either you're a hentai star or David Bowie. Either/or.

Ronwayne fucked around with this message at 04:30 on Mar 13, 2015

Ronwayne
Nov 20, 2007

Because there are limits.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ronwayne
Nov 20, 2007

Yes. You've always been our little forum nurgle.

• Locked thread