Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Whybird
Aug 2, 2009

Phaiston have long avoided the tightly competetive defence sector, but the IRDA Act 2052 has given us the freedom we need to bring out something really special.

https://team-robostar.itch.io/robostar

Nap Ghost
I for one look forward to playing their World War 2 occult horror game and saving the world from the insidious legions of black-clad, gold-stealing wizened gnomes.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Whybird
Aug 2, 2009

Phaiston have long avoided the tightly competetive defence sector, but the IRDA Act 2052 has given us the freedom we need to bring out something really special.

https://team-robostar.itch.io/robostar

Nap Ghost

El Estrago Bonito posted:

It should be noted that the reason Gnomes are the communications people in Ebberon is literally due to the old joke about tiny people living inside your TV set.

I'm not actually joking, the dude who wrote the setting has confirmed this in an interview. One of the initial brainstorming sessions for the setting was literally them sitting around figuring out how you would mimic modern day technology using high fantasy D&D tropes, which lead to "there would be a gnome in a box talking to you!" kind of poo poo.

I get that the guy writing it isn't trying to say 'JEWS CONTROL THE BANKS' with his RPG setting but it's still possible to create a work that is kinda racist even if you're not a racist yourself -- we are talking about the setting, not the author here.

• Locked thread