Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
GrizzlyCow
May 30, 2011
A lot of stuff he said I agree with, but it felt like he was masturbating the entire time. I couldn't make it through his writing; the guy is kind of insufferable.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

GrizzlyCow
May 30, 2011
There's a pretty good line between creating different sapient species and races with different intelligence levels and all that and coupling those same races with real world stereotypes and depictions of real marginalized people. The former can be done competently and non-offensively even in games, but the latter can't.

Like, I don't know why they needed a stand in for Black and Latino people in Shadowrun. Fantasy races in games shouldn't be trying to draw from real world peoples because poo poo like the intelligence cap and stuff. Even more innocent examples, in my opinion, like the Redguard from the Elder Scroll series messes that stuff up.

• Locked thread