Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
blunt for century
Jul 4, 2008

I've got a bone to pick.

BARONS CYBER SKULL posted:

The entire point of a good meat pie is that the pastry isn't supposed to be soggy!

That's Huhu Grubs with a salad garnish.

They taste like peanut butter and live in tree bark. They're also large and tend to "explode" their innards into your throat when you bite into them.

Where are they from? I think I'd give them a shot if I had the chance

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

blunt for century
Jul 4, 2008

I've got a bone to pick.

NZ, they're pretty okay really.

You just gotta get over the fact you're eating a fat-fingered size bug filled with peanut butter barf.

Meh, I already eat shrimp and crawfish :v:

Do they come with a sauce, or is it just the bug? Also, how are they cooked?

blunt for century
Jul 4, 2008

I've got a bone to pick.

Cooked? Nah son, you eat them raw and alive.

I mean, you can cook them...

:black101:

I've never willingly eaten anything alive. only eaten a few bugs on accident while riding my bike :downs:

I know Japan has a few examples, and New Zealand apparently has huhu grubs, what other options are there for live food?

blunt for century
Jul 4, 2008

I've got a bone to pick.

Trast posted:

Please let this be fake.

Some 28 year old who never learned how to cook got high at his mom's house, and now he works on Citibank's social media team

blunt for century
Jul 4, 2008

I've got a bone to pick.

I'd need to be liquored up first, but

blunt for century
Jul 4, 2008

I've got a bone to pick.

NotAnArtist posted:

It's called a Welsh for a reason

I don't see anybody humping a sheep, so I don't get it :colbert:

blunt for century
Jul 4, 2008

I've got a bone to pick.

Okay, this is going to sound ridiculous, but I was watching QI and heard a mention of "wasp fudge". I tried googling around about it just to see what that might be, and I just found a couple things saying it is an old school rural UK recipe. Anybody know anything about it?

blunt for century
Jul 4, 2008

I've got a bone to pick.

JacquelineDempsey posted:

This entire instagram/twitter:

https://instagram.com/cookingforbae/

It's so chockablock full of horror, I can't even pick one. Just go look.

they all look like turds

blunt for century
Jul 4, 2008

I've got a bone to pick.

OctoberBlues posted:

Ain't nothing wrong with dipping anything salty into mustard. :colbert:

It looks more like nacho cheese to me

blunt for century
Jul 4, 2008

I've got a bone to pick.

From the Awkward thread

blunt for century
Jul 4, 2008

I've got a bone to pick.

skander posted:

No particular recipe. Roasted peanuts + food processor + oil as needed for consistency + salt to taste.

The japaneros can be fresh, roasted, smoked, or dried, then sliced, chopped, or ground. Heat depends on how much pith or seed you include, particularly the pith. The seeds, if included, can be whole or ground, and they can be toasted, too. The oil can be a nice vehicle for cannabis, if you're into that.

Toasted jabanero seeds also go nicely in a corn-based bread.

Are you trying to say 'jalapeno' or 'habanero'?

blunt for century
Jul 4, 2008

I've got a bone to pick.

FlyinPingu posted:

I hear that in america they make bread with mayonnaise

Everything edible in America is actually a 50/50 mix of lard and corn syrup. Pasta, bread, fruit, cheese, steak, candy, etc.

blunt for century
Jul 4, 2008

I've got a bone to pick.

im pooping! posted:

yeah in america we put everything in a blender and then pour it up our rear end

just corn syrup and lard. that is our everything

blunt for century
Jul 4, 2008

I've got a bone to pick.

I particularly like organic whole milk, not a fan of other cow milk. I had to quit drinking it because it was making me super farty. I found that cashew milk is the best substitute for real milk.

blunt for century
Jul 4, 2008

I've got a bone to pick.

The Saddest Rhino posted:

I was gonna refute you on this but someone just showed me

http://en.rocketnews24.com/2014/07/09/anime-gals-serve-yellow-shaved-ice-with-creepy-connotations-then-things-somehow-get-worse/

and yeah I can't really argue your point.

gently caress

everything

forever

:suicide:

blunt for century
Jul 4, 2008

I've got a bone to pick.

CannonFodder posted:

It's great for putting on pounds to hibernate your way through the Minnesota winter.

You then coat it internally with many dozens of gallons of both beer and cheese.

blunt for century
Jul 4, 2008

I've got a bone to pick.

Trent posted:

You're bad at looking at things.

content:

This is art

blunt for century
Jul 4, 2008

I've got a bone to pick.

Rollersnake posted:

Despite not categorically hating it myself, I think all of America can agree that St. Louis has the worst style of American pizza. Super-thin crust, provel (provolone-flavored American cheese) instead of real cheese, and laughably overpriced most places.

Yet the Imo's near me gives you the option of ordering it with mozzarella and a thicker crust, and it is somehow worse.

Also if you can't appreciate a good Chicago deep dish, I don't even wanna know you. It's not my favorite pizza or anything, but it's not a casserole anymore than New York pizza is grease-soaked cardboard.

That's the one pizza rule: St. Louis style is clearly the worst. I don't even have to try it after I read up about Provel

quote:

"It's not even legally cheese," Friedlander tells The Salt. "It's melted plastic from the '80s."
"People from St. Louis love it," Tom Coll, owner of Joe Fassi Sausage & Sandwich Factory on the Hill, the city's Italian neighborhood, tells The Salt. "When we switched to provolone, people wanted the Provel."

St. Louis natives talk a great deal about how it's buttery and smoky and doesn't melt all over everything like traditional pizza cheese.

"I like cheese that's a little sharper," says Mike McCubbins, who works at the city's central library. "Provel has more tang than, say, mozzarella."

bruh

bruh

:commissar:

blunt for century has a new favorite as of 21:50 on May 6, 2015

blunt for century
Jul 4, 2008

I've got a bone to pick.

Mods, new title please.

Nah, the current one is too good, and we just changed it a couple days ago

blunt for century
Jul 4, 2008

I've got a bone to pick.

Rum ham is legit, but moonshine buzz cake is also a choice edible alcohol

blunt for century
Jul 4, 2008

I've got a bone to pick.

big mean giraffe posted:

vodka watermelon is for trailer trash, and is delicious and far superior to jello shots

ftfy

blunt for century
Jul 4, 2008

I've got a bone to pick.

bathroomrage posted:

It's nacho cheese in a white russian

Dear god. Dear god no.

blunt for century
Jul 4, 2008

I've got a bone to pick.

Give me three boxed of triscuits and an hour, I'll get rid of it for you

blunt for century
Jul 4, 2008

I've got a bone to pick.

PCOS Bill posted:

Look who's never been to a party.

You spread the cheese on them.

I think his point is "why are there crackers when you can just pick it up and just take big bites out of it like a caveman"

blunt for century
Jul 4, 2008

I've got a bone to pick.

This is what I picture when I think American cheese

blunt for century
Jul 4, 2008

I've got a bone to pick.

Rah! posted:

It would probably be pretty good if they replaced the top and bottom macaroni "buns" with actual buns, because then you could actually eat it without it falling apart. And it would still have the mac and cheese in the middle, so you could still make the stupid big mac and cheese joke.

Or if they deep fried the mac n cheese for bun use :getin:

blunt for century
Jul 4, 2008

I've got a bone to pick.

blunt for century
Jul 4, 2008

I've got a bone to pick.

Let's get back on topic please y'all

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

blunt for century
Jul 4, 2008

I've got a bone to pick.

What's wrong with moose meat? I've never had it, but I assumed it would be similar to deer meat, which is delicious.

• Locked thread