Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
deadly_pudding
May 13, 2009

who the fuck is scraeming
"LOG OFF" at my house.
show yourself, coward.
i will never log off
I'm still working my way through like mid-2015 in this thread, but all I'm getting from it is that I'd probably fit right in in New Zealand :shrug:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

deadly_pudding
May 13, 2009

"LOG OFF" at my house.
show yourself, coward.
i will never log off
I like the "tagging yourself as a dumb thing from the photo" meme :shobon:

Here's some OC:

I made this stew last summer, during one of my "photograph all my food" phases. It was really good, but it's hard to make a pot of beef stew look like something besides a vat of brown-gray sludge. Note that this was after I tweaked color saturation to make it less gray on the wonderful Samsung phone camera that I was packing at the time :v:

deadly_pudding
May 13, 2009

"LOG OFF" at my house.
show yourself, coward.
i will never log off

I'm the "avacoda sauce".

My grandmother had some kinda "southwest cooking for your family" type of cookbook from the 90s, which I wanna say was published by Readers Digest or something. Anyway, the guacamole recipe in there called for mayonnaise as the base. It was like a 50/50 mayo-guac blend. It's one of the most midwest.txt things I've ever encountered.

e: might have been Good Housekeeping as the publisher? I can't find it with a cursory google search, or I'd paste a cover photo.

deadly_pudding has a new favorite as of 19:16 on Feb 24, 2016

deadly_pudding
May 13, 2009

"LOG OFF" at my house.
show yourself, coward.
i will never log off

Plan Z posted:

I've been to a few places in Mexico that threw crema/mayo in the guac, though usually only the tiniest amounts. It's weird that there was such a fuss over some newspaper recipe that put peas in guacamole, and people calling it "incorrect" or not "traditional" when Mexicans love throwing all kinds of poo poo in guacamole because straight avocados are pretty gross.

Yeah, if I'm being honest I make a pretty impure guac myself. I put minced onions in there, and like a shitload of curry powder.

edit:
:psyduck:

deadly_pudding
May 13, 2009

"LOG OFF" at my house.
show yourself, coward.
i will never log off
I'm really curious about those walnuts. They look like they are shells and all- does the pickling process make them soft, or do you still have to crack them open?

deadly_pudding
May 13, 2009

"LOG OFF" at my house.
show yourself, coward.
i will never log off

CannonFodder posted:

What is it with Canadians putting ketchup in their Kraft Dinner mac and cheese? It even ended up in that If I had a Million Dollars song.

Eh, it's really good with hot sauce or sriracha, I could see it being good with ketchup if you're afraid of the spicy.

deadly_pudding
May 13, 2009

"LOG OFF" at my house.
show yourself, coward.
i will never log off
Have you guys seen @70s_party? It's a weird twitter that specializes in hideous food from a bygone era.

deadly_pudding
May 13, 2009

"LOG OFF" at my house.
show yourself, coward.
i will never log off

cash crab posted:

I feel like I would get exhausted by dicks after the main course.

I have so many questions.

Solice Kirsk posted:

Are those pizza and speghetti icees?

That's one of them.

What country is that from? I can tell that's not Spanish, but that's the extent of my ability to guess a language :v:
Addendum to that question: are savory beverages a common taste in that country? Like tomato juice/clamato whatever as a standard refreshing beverage? Because I could see that spaghetti icee being basically a V8 icee...

deadly_pudding
May 13, 2009

"LOG OFF" at my house.
show yourself, coward.
i will never log off

OctoberBlues posted:

I had some fried silkworms this weekend, it was the red bag of these:

I thought they were pretty good, but my girlfriend almost threw up when she ate one, so ymmv. I couldn't come up with a way to describe the taste though, anybody else had them?

Those mascots are adorable. Little dude is so pumped about getting fried and eaten. I want a plushie of that thing.

deadly_pudding
May 13, 2009

"LOG OFF" at my house.
show yourself, coward.
i will never log off

diabeetz posted:

Speaking of Canada

ahahaha I'm furious. Taco Bell is some kind of dadaist food performance art at this point.

deadly_pudding
May 13, 2009

"LOG OFF" at my house.
show yourself, coward.
i will never log off

Picnic Princess posted:

The picture on the website is even better.

http://www.tacobell.ca/en/promos

WHAT is going on with the color saturation here? This doesn't even look like food. The other picture looked like food, this looks like it's made out of play-dough. I'm horrified. It's like some kind of fake tex-mex gamerfuel uncanny valley.

deadly_pudding
May 13, 2009

"LOG OFF" at my house.
show yourself, coward.
i will never log off

Buzkashi posted:

It came from Facebook

Why would you ever waste your camera's memory on taking such a picture

I'm trying to process this image right now. Is that like... some kind of lovely sashimi made from some kind of cooked whitefish that's been drenched in sweet&sour sauce? Or like split hotdog sashimi?

I don't even know what's going on with the one on the right.

deadly_pudding
May 13, 2009

"LOG OFF" at my house.
show yourself, coward.
i will never log off

Gridlocked posted:

That's Roe buddy.

:gonk:
What did they do to the roe

I've had roe. I love roe :smith:

deadly_pudding
May 13, 2009

"LOG OFF" at my house.
show yourself, coward.
i will never log off

GOTTA STAY FAI posted:

When I make these disgusting taco bell things am I allowed to use Flamin' Hot Cheetos or do I need to pick up OG Cheetos

Arivia posted:

YOU'RE MAKING THEM? AAAAA

This thread is a gift :allears:

deadly_pudding
May 13, 2009

"LOG OFF" at my house.
show yourself, coward.
i will never log off

Is that an elm leaf? :psyduck:

Anyway, I'm the plywood plank she's using as a table.

deadly_pudding
May 13, 2009

"LOG OFF" at my house.
show yourself, coward.
i will never log off

Rigged Death Trap posted:

Kibbeh nayeh. Very finely minced Raw lamb with spices and bulgur.

I had something like that at an Ethiopian restaurant that used to be here, served family style with like lentil paste and that spongy flatbread you're suposed to use as a utensil. It's about as delicious as it looks. Raw meat is pretty tasty when it's fresh and well-accessorized.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

deadly_pudding
May 13, 2009

"LOG OFF" at my house.
show yourself, coward.
i will never log off

sirbeefalot posted:

All I can see with these two is someone having a burger described over a bad connection with the mixing and cooking parts lost.

(don't even come at me with ACTUALLY A BURGER PATTY SHOULD JUST BE *FART*)

:hf: impure burger buddy. I like to make mine all mixed together with minced onions, garlic, herbs, and a splash of either beer or teriyaki sauce, depending on mood.

• Locked thread