Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
RagnarokAngel
Oct 5, 2006

Black Magic Extraordinaire

The White Dragon posted:

Ohhhhhh, this explains the comet event that Events & Decisions mod adds into Civ 5! That one actually gives you other options and results in later eras, though.

Yeah they parodied it in Victoria 2 which I believe the mod gets that from

For those that don't know, victoria 2 takes place in, well, the victorian times, after when Europa Universalis takes place.

RagnarokAngel has a new favorite as of 02:39 on Mar 14, 2015

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

RagnarokAngel
Oct 5, 2006

Kugyou no Tenshi posted:

I don't know about the first one, but in Super Paper Mario you can refuse to help and let the universe crumble into darkness right at the start of the game.

Golden Sun does this too.

For content The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy text adventure game, in order to solve the final puzzle of the game you need one item to win. The trick is it's chosen randomly from one of seven items you had to pick up through the game. The trick is if you are missing ANY of the 7 items it will ask you for one of the items you don't have. At this point you wouldn't be able to get it and would need to start the game over. Text adventures back then we're pretty dicking but that stood out.

RagnarokAngel
Oct 5, 2006

Lumberjack Bonanza posted:

Well I mean, trolling usually involves a swerve of some kind. The swerve of Internet trolling, for instance, is that the dude doesn't care at all about what he's saying, he just wants to watch a thread melt down. The dude promising to kill you and then actually doing it after a while doesn't qualify imo.

That's a good segment of the game, though.

I mean usually during these choices it'll just hang until you pick so if anything I think it's a good thing they don't make it so comical as death's head will stand there for 6 hours.

RagnarokAngel
Oct 5, 2006

They sent the vita to the farm upstate so I'd say they acknowledged that one pretty good.

There just isn't much of a market for dedicated handhelds anymore. Nintendo will probably live on because of name recognition but competition won't stand a chance.

RagnarokAngel
Oct 5, 2006

Ryoshi posted:

That's the thing though, the Vita was incredible and it only died because Sony mismanaged it into the ground in a million different ways. To say there's not a market for dedicated handhelds anymore is completely ignoring that the 3DS makes money hand over fist despite being super gimmicky. "Name recognition" doesn't even factor into the equation when your product requires an expensive-rear end pseudo SD card that they can't even bother to pack into the box.

The 3DS did horribly early on, it got a not insignificant price cut in the first 6 months.

I feel like I conveyed what I meant confusingly, I think the market for a dedicated gaming handheld is shrinking, however Nintendo will continue to dominate that market, it just means the market is shrinking too much to allow any serious competition step up (barring any upsets which of course, we have seen before!).

RagnarokAngel
Oct 5, 2006

Some of those songs are really good and I'm not sad to see them back to be honest.

RagnarokAngel
Oct 5, 2006

Alaois posted:

did everyone just forget that this isn't the PYF Game Glitch thread

PYF is just a random junk pile of posts. The threads mean nothing.

RagnarokAngel
Oct 5, 2006

Sleeveless posted:

The funny thing is that circumcision is more or less unheard of in Japan (or really the rest of the world because non-religious circumcision is almost entirely because of the idea that masturbation was an illness that could be cured with circumcision and that was restricted more or less exclusively to America in the early 1900s) which makes the idea of a Japanese dev caring about foreskins that much more improbable and ridiculous.

Uh a little thing called "Death of the Author"? Anything means anything.

RagnarokAngel
Oct 5, 2006

Phlegmish posted:

It sounds like one of those games that they tried really hard to make in the vein of cultural product X without any regard for fun or playability. Kind of like that Japanese NES game where you play as a businessman who has to divorce his wife, etc.

No, the design was intentional. It was designed that way because Douglas Adams is an rear end in a top hat.

RagnarokAngel
Oct 5, 2006

Phlegmish posted:

I get the appeal of achievements, but what does it matter if your gamerpoints total doesn't end in 0 or 5?

The type of people who care about a high gamerscore are also OCD enough to want it a nice divisible number

RagnarokAngel
Oct 5, 2006

Most of the obtuse and byzantine secrets in JRPGs existed to sell strategy guides.

RagnarokAngel
Oct 5, 2006

Lady Naga posted:

Just because an author says it doesn't make it so.

Or maybe...it could :420:

RagnarokAngel
Oct 5, 2006

Kaiser Mazoku posted:

I hope Dark Souls 3 is nothing but giant birds.

After the final boss it zooms out and reveals the entire game was on the back of a giant bird.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

RagnarokAngel
Oct 5, 2006

Tree monsters hiding in a forest is just too obvious. You gotta be unexpected.

• Locked thread