Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
WetNightmare

by sebmojo
i need to think about time. sometiems i think about time moving backwards, using maths, and it blows my mind every. time.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

WetNightmare

by sebmojo
heres a little factoid you didnt know but soon will. time is money. and if you have enough of it, you can time travel. with it, your money.

----------------
This thread brought to you by a tremendous dickhead!

Miss Psychosis

[Looking at a room full of hourglasses] Obama! No! [He begins smashing the hourglasses]

i am he

Miss Psychosis posted:

[Looking at a room full of hourglasses] Obama! No! [He begins smashing the hourglasses]

Flying Fortress

Miss Psychosis posted:

GODSPEED JOHN GLENN

I put my thumb up my bum and shut one eye, and my thumb blotted out the planet Earth.

Miss Psychosis posted:

ron color
hahaha

weird

by zen death robot
when you hit the snooze button on an alarm its like time stops for you but no one else

----------------
This thread brought to you by a tremendous dickhead!

cuntman.net

when your upside down its like the world is spinning the other way so its like time is going backwards

cuntman.net

astronauts dont have any concept of time instead they have 4 dimensions of space. the 4th one is space

Stik3

From President of the colonies to this.
you guys should go watch predestination

City of Glompton

because of my fancy watch, my time really is worth more

thank you PSP for the beautiful spring sig

verily carefree

my watch is broken, i am experiencing time travel please advise

Stormyish

Where does the extra hour during daylight savings go?
Is it stored in a warehouse?
Who determines who gets to keep the extra hour?

verily carefree

Stormyish posted:

Where does the extra hour during daylight savings go?
Is it stored in a warehouse?
Who determines who gets to keep the extra hour?

father time?

Hustle Hound

all is known

WetNightmare posted:

i need to think about time. sometiems i think about time moving backwards, using maths, and it blows my mind every. time.

have you ever thought about time moving sideways.

joke_explainer

space and time are weird. you can't go backwards in time. well. you can, but only in the future. mathematically you could make something like a closed timeline curve but no one is sure if such a thing would actually be possible to traverse or get information through. at best it would get you to shortly after the object was completed, though it's probably safe to assume the energies involved remove you from causally affecting any object in the 'future' you'd be traveling back from... or maybe an event horizon keeps the information censored. time travel but you only watch and never escape.

or maybe quantum Gravity will abolish such solutions to GR lol

SurfinArbiter

Y
o
u

f
o
u
n
d

m
e

heh
time doesnt exists op, the now is all that matters

Lock

hardcore sound gets you hypah

joke_explainer posted:

space and time are weird. you can't go backwards in time. well. you can, but only in the future. mathematically you could make something like a closed timeline curve but no one is sure if such a thing would actually be possible to traverse or get information through. at best it would get you to shortly after the object was completed, though it's probably safe to assume the energies involved remove you from causally affecting any object in the 'future' you'd be traveling back from... or maybe an event horizon keeps the information censored. time travel but you only watch and never escape.

gdmit i love when random informative posts like this pop up outta nowhere

https://giant.gfycat.com/ThoseAcrobaticCapybara.webm
so much love to vanisher for the winter '21 sig!

huge love to Tiny Myers for the fall '21 sig!

pogi

Miss Psychosis posted:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

pogi

joke_explainer posted:

• Locked thread