Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Grouchio
Aug 31, 2014

(I'm unsure if this belongs here or in the EN bullshit thread, but gently caress it)

So my dad brought two of our cats to the vet today (we have four total). When he returned, he had this to say: Nigel (the younger black cat) has been pissing everywhere and biting off the fur from his legs because of a urinary infection and a heart murmur, but should survive. Jule (our 16 year old) has recently been worse for wear because he's gotten an incurable tumor below his tongue, and will have to be put down this or next week. Since I swap between my parent's houses every week, I will thankfully be away when the euthanasia is performed. And yet I am still saddened by this inevitable loss. I've been this cat's companion for 16 years straight (since I was in kindergarten) and it shall be quite hard imagining my dad's house without him. My father has never been this visibly upset, not since Grandma's death 4 years prior. And yet...I knew this was coming. Earlier this week I had already noticed Jule losing hairs, drooling consistently and becoming too feeble to even climb on my bed. And I had wept fearing for his life before being reassured by my father. And this was last Thursday. I'm sure it has absorbed most of the shock, but not the remorse of this occurring so soon in our cat's older years.

I often feel like posting personal information on this forum would only earn me scrutiny, but I feel that this should be shared with you guys. And hopefully we get a new kitten soon.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

LITERALLY A BIRD
Sep 27, 2008

I knew you were trouble
when you flew in

I'm sorry to hear about your kitties. :( 16 years is a long time for a cat. Jule will be in a better place, and you'll always have your memories of him.

I hope Nigel's treatment goes well. You're grieving and in shock, so for what it's worth I think you should hold off on getting a new kitten straightaway. Your current kitties still need you.

Tasty_Crayon
Jul 29, 2006
Same story, different version.

PI has a bad reputation for hardassery, but we are always sympathetic when you have to put your buddies down. 16 years is amazing and even if you cant be there, they know you loved them :unsmith:

Fluffy Bunnies
Jan 10, 2009

I'm sorry about Jule but like what LAB said. 16's fantastic. On the other hand, it's obviously never enough and it never will be enough. I gotta give your cat a tip of my hat though, because man if you're gonna get a tumor I guess you need to get a super weird placed one, eh?

adventure in the sandbox
Nov 24, 2005

Things change

Just based on your post, all of your cats have a good life with people who loved them lots :unsmith:

• Locked thread