Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
StandardVC10
Feb 6, 2007

This avatar now 50% more dark mode compliant
Yamato's hat she wears in the cake shop is really cute, you guys.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Starsnostars
Jan 17, 2009

The Master of Magnetism
Yamato's hat is outclassed by Suna's.

squidflakes
Aug 27, 2009

SHORTBUS
Ahhhhh! gently caress! No!

God dammit! I started watching School Live! and knowing that I was going to get a dose of 100% pure Peruvian Flake sugary sweet Monogatai was the only thing keeping me ok after the other shoe dropped on that series. Now this?

gently caress.

paragon1
Nov 22, 2010

FULL COMMUNISM NOW
it'll be okay

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

I was kinda hoping the show was going to keep trying to Final Destination everyone like with the girder and the store fire only to be blocked by Takeo's freakish strength. Kinda sad it didn't go that way because it was really loving cool when that kinda stuff happened. But then it'd have to cut into the character development and we can't have that.

dogsicle
Oct 23, 2012

actually that would be lovely and dumb

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

dogsicle posted:

actually that would be lovely and dumb

What, you don't want to see Takeo outrunning a tornado carrying Suna and Yamato under his arms?

StandardVC10
Feb 6, 2007

I enjoyed Takeo's feats of strength and I hope we get at least one more before the show is over.

The Colonel
Jun 8, 2013

I commute by bike!
In the final episode, the cake man's efforts to take Yamato for himself cause a catastrophic series of events, and the moon slowly begins to descend into the earth. The only thing that can stop it from impacting, is Takeo Gouda. Just as he's losing strength and about to give out, Yamato comes up and wraps her arms around him, and gives him a kiss. Takeo suddenly, with the force of a volcano, not only pushes the moon up, but in fact launches it back into orbit with his own two hands. The cake man eventually accepts that Yamato does not love him, but is still uplifted by her positive energy, and he bakes a huge, delicious cake as an apology, that Takeo, Yamato, Suna and company all eat together.

Knorth
Aug 19, 2014

Buglord

The Colonel posted:

The cake man eventually accepts that Yamato does not love him, but is still uplifted by her positive energy, and he bakes a huge, delicious cake as an apology, that Takeo, Yamato, Suna and company all eat together.

I hope this is how it ends

Darth Windu
Mar 17, 2009

by Smythe
I hope they all die actually

The Colonel
Jun 8, 2013

I commute by bike!

Darth Windu posted:

Same, but you instead.

Blhue
Apr 22, 2008

Fallen Rib
they will die. after a long and fruitful life.

Kinu Nishimura
Apr 24, 2008

SICK LOOT!

Darth Windu posted:

Takeo Gouda is immortal.

coolskull
Nov 11, 2007

takeo's sister comes from the future to help him turn cake man's car over into the river.

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

The Colonel posted:

Same, but you instead.

Darth Windu
Mar 17, 2009

by Smythe

The Colonel posted:

Same, but you instead.

Rude

Knorth
Aug 19, 2014

Buglord

Darth Windu posted:

Sephiroth_IRA
Mar 31, 2010
cake boy is gonna die.

NowonSA
Jul 19, 2013

I am the sexiest poster in the world!
I just had a crazy thought. What if the cake we see at the end of the OP, with the mini figures of Takeo, Yamato, and Suna on it and ringed by Strawberries, is a cake that Cake Boss makes as an apology for how he acted towards Takeo and Yamato? It could also be the cake he enters into the big cake contest, just without the figures.

Aside from that, I think Cake Boss is getting dangerously close to a trip to Suplex City.

Darth Walrus
Feb 13, 2012
Yeah I just couldn't dislike Ichinose as much as Oda. He's just so goddamn oblivious. Hard to seriously loathe someone who's so obviously living on another planet, whereas Oda seemed to at least have the mental capacity to know what he was doing and why was a bit dodgy.

Darth Windu
Mar 17, 2009

by Smythe
There are like three more underage cakegirls there why can't he marry one of them

StandardVC10
Feb 6, 2007

Darth Windu posted:

There are like three more underage cakegirls there why can't he marry one of them

None of them are as committed to cakes as Yamato

Alpha Kenny Juan
Apr 11, 2007

StandardVC10 posted:

None of them are as committed to cakeshim as Yamato

Fixed it based on Ichinose's thoughts.

Sephiroth_IRA
Mar 31, 2010
I dislike cake boy because he dropped some rude poo poo on Yamato for no reason and told Takeo he'd be happier with a gorilla.

I cannot forgive this.

a cartoon duck
Sep 5, 2011

after the next episode cake boy will learn the error of his ways and everyone will love him

The Colonel
Jun 8, 2013

I commute by bike!
In the next episode, cake man will meet a gorilla. And then he will suddenly have the true realization.

Darth Windu
Mar 17, 2009

by Smythe
Gorillas are pretty cool???

Blhue
Apr 22, 2008

Fallen Rib

The Colonel posted:

In the next episode, cake man will meet a gorilla. And then he will suddenly have the true realization.

the realization that he's been murdered by a gorilla

Terper
Jun 26, 2012

The Colonel posted:

In the first episode, a cake woman met a gorilla and then she had a realization.

The Colonel
Jun 8, 2013

I commute by bike!
Strangely enough, the gorilla shows up to the shop the very next day, and nobody objects to it. It actually turns out to be better at baking cakes than cake man.

Darth Windu
Mar 17, 2009

by Smythe

The Colonel posted:

Strangely enough, the gorilla shows up to the shop the very next day, and nobody objects to it. It actually turns out to be better at baking cakes than cake man.

that guys actually really good at making cakes. hes in a cake competition.

dogsicle
Oct 23, 2012

The gorilla beats him at the competition and he falls in love.

Sephiroth_IRA
Mar 31, 2010

Darth Windu posted:

that guys actually really good at making cakes. hes in a cake competition.

Which is why everyone is going to be really impressed when he loses to the gorilla.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

I want a Takeo Slime avatar.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Also someone should edit the end of the last episode so it has the horn hit like in Ground Zeroes

graybook
Oct 10, 2011

pinya~
Welp, I was behind by five episodes, and now I'm caught up in time for a cliffhanger. Let's see how they close it out.

Darth Windu
Mar 17, 2009

by Smythe

graybook posted:

Welp, I was behind by five episodes, and now I'm caught up in time for a cliffhanger. Let's see how they close it out.

Spoiler: (spoiler)it's fine there was never any reason to be worried(/spoiler)

devtesla
Jan 2, 2012

Grimey Drawer
I was distraught when I realized I just came home from work on a Wednesday and there was no new My Love Story!! :(

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

It'll be worse after next week.

• Locked thread