Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Everything Burrito
Jun 2, 2011

I Failed At Anime 2022
Pastry boy is acting like a turd but it was hard to hate him completely because of what an awkward dork he was. His mental narration when talking to Yamato was hilarious.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ChaosArgate
Oct 10, 2012

Why does everyone think I'm going to get in trouble?

Everything Burrito posted:

Pastry boy is acting like a turd but it was hard to hate him completely because of what an awkward dork he was. His mental narration when talking to Yamato was hilarious.

On the other hand, what kind of dick goes up to someone, yells at them to break up with their girlfriend and tells them that not only are they undeserving of her, but are better suited to be with a gorilla or bear?

Everything Burrito
Jun 2, 2011

I Failed At Anime 2022
An awkward dork who has no idea how to interact with others and is being a complete turd about liking a girl who has a boyfriend. I'm not defending the guy's actions, just saying he is an entertaining character and I hope he comes out of the situation better than he started.

Huragok
Sep 14, 2011
Jikai: Ore Netorare.

Artificer
Apr 8, 2010

You're going to try ponies and you're. Going. To. LOVE. ME!!
That was very sad. :(

devtesla
Jan 2, 2012

Grimey Drawer

Everything Burrito posted:

An awkward dork who has no idea how to interact with others and is being a complete turd about liking a girl who has a boyfriend. I'm not defending the guy's actions, just saying he is an entertaining character and I hope he comes out of the situation better than he started.

It's rare to find a character in this much need of an attitude adjustment while also being someone you want to root for. An good episode and an good character.

But yea, after that ending no new episode next week is gonna hit hard. I guess it's going to hit as harder once the show is over and there's no new episodes, ever. I'm not prepared for this!

dogsicle
Oct 23, 2012

The Devil Tesla posted:

It's rare to find a character in this much need of an attitude adjustment while also being someone you want to root for.

This is a big strength of the show imo

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
I am part of the "always watches the OP of My Love Story" crew

Everything Burrito
Jun 2, 2011

I Failed At Anime 2022

Captain Invictus posted:

:yeah:

dogsicle
Oct 23, 2012

Skipping OPs is actually a crime

DoubleDonut
Oct 22, 2010

Fallen Rib
I watch the OP, but I skip the ED.

AVeryLargeRadish
Aug 19, 2011

I LITERALLY DON'T KNOW HOW TO NOT BE A WEIRD SEXUAL CREEP ABOUT PREPUBESCENT ANIME GIRLS, READ ALL ABOUT IT HERE!!!

Captain Invictus posted:

:hfive:

Also always watch the ED too, it's not as good as the OP but it's still pretty great.

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
Wow they did a real good job of giving that dude some character development before he poo poo any goodwill down his leg, context lets folks not completely hate him

or at least while hating him, understanding that he's a delusional weirdo who will hopefully get a wake-up call and everything will be hunky-dory for the finale

AnacondaHL
Feb 15, 2009

I'm the lead trumpet player, playing loud and high is all I know how to do.

(22)

(23)

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty

AVeryLargeRadish posted:

:hfive:

Also always watch the ED too, it's not as good as the OP but it's still pretty great.

It's ok but I stopped after about 3 times

The one bit of mocap in it at the end really throws me off too

I really liked that the weird rabbit cell phone strap started singing along to the ED song though in the next episode preview

krnhotwings
May 7, 2009
Grimey Drawer

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty

yessss

Terper
Jun 26, 2012

"Suna...what should I do?"
"Takeo", Suna sighs. "It's time to slay a motherfucker."

ZenMasterBullshit
Nov 2, 2011

Restaurant de Nouvelles "À Table" Proudly Presents:
A Climactic Encounter Ending on 1 Negate and a Dream
Man, gently caress this guy's whole life up.

NowonSA
Jul 19, 2013

I am the sexiest poster in the world!

Aww yeah, there's my GAUUU! Gotta have my GAUUU. Also, I also eagerly await Cake Boss being put in his place.

Desumaytah
Apr 23, 2005

Intensity, .mpeg gritty, Intelligence

This loving KILLED me.

Knorth
Aug 19, 2014

Buglord
:( I'm so upset. Takeo, don't listen that jerk! You need to trust Yamato! It's going to be a long sad wait till the final episode

Suna is still the best. I enjoy his sister popping in just whenever too

Starsnostars
Jan 17, 2009

The Master of Magnetism
On the one hand I didn't like this episode because I don't want there to be any conflict in this show or at least none with Takeo and Yamato, I just want them to have a cute happy life. On the other hand it will be interesting to see Yamato's reaction when she realises what cake guy's intentions are. I do think it was a mistake to make him so creepy, compare him to Saijou who had a similar plot with Takeo who people actually liked, it would have been better if the show had made us seriously question who was better for Yamato, cake guy or Takeo.

Also, Suna looked great in a hat.

Darth Windu
Mar 17, 2009

by Smythe
Yamato hooks up with cake guy and takeo and saiju rediscover their love I've just fixed this series
suna can find a nice cat to adopt too, there, I'm an anime genious

AVeryLargeRadish
Aug 19, 2011

I LITERALLY DON'T KNOW HOW TO NOT BE A WEIRD SEXUAL CREEP ABOUT PREPUBESCENT ANIME GIRLS, READ ALL ABOUT IT HERE!!!

Darth Windu posted:

Yamato hooks up with cake guy and takeo and saiju rediscover their love I've just fixed this series

More like Anime Hitler.

Mods? Mods?

#BanThisSickFilth

Skychrono
May 11, 2007

I'll make you cry like I did when my daddy died!

Knorth posted:

:( I'm so upset. Takeo, don't listen that jerk! You need to trust Yamato! It's going to be a long sad wait till the final episode

Suna is still the best. I enjoy his sister popping in just whenever too

There's only one left? Not two? And no episode next week?

devtesla
Jan 2, 2012

Grimey Drawer

Skychrono posted:

Hell is real.

Knorth
Aug 19, 2014

Buglord

Skychrono posted:

That's my understanding, final episode next but it's also delayed by a week. I'm tired so I might be getting it wrong though

dogsicle
Oct 23, 2012

DoubleDonut posted:

I watch the OP, but I skip the ED.

Hmm...I'll let you off with a warning this time

Chas McGill
Oct 29, 2010

loves Fat Philippe
I don't usually watch OPs or EDs after the first time, and definitely not for Ore Monogatari.

Don't know whether to watch this episode now and wait two weeks for the finale, or save it till next weds...

Alpha Kenny Juan
Apr 11, 2007

Chas McGill posted:

I don't usually watch OPs or EDs after the first time, and definitely not for Ore Monogatari.

Don't know whether to watch this episode now and wait two weeks for the finale, or save it till next weds...

Wait.

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

New guy owns because the reactions people are having are exactly why he's there.

Darth Windu posted:

Shut up.

Skychrono
May 11, 2007

I'll make you cry like I did when my daddy died!

AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

Darth Windu
Mar 17, 2009

by Smythe

Sakurazuka posted:

New guy owns because the reactions people are having are exactly why he's there.

Shut up.

Rude

Xelkelvos
Dec 19, 2012

Suggesting Yamato break up with Takeo is just as rude.

lunar detritus
May 6, 2009

The second there was a hint of relationship problems I knew that Sunakawa's sister was going to appear. I'm not complaining but I hope the main characters talk through their own problems for once instead of relying on her.

paragon1
Nov 22, 2010

FULL COMMUNISM NOW
I hope the main characters talk through their own problems and rely on her.

Darth Windu posted:

Die.

coolskull
Nov 11, 2007

they'd both do fine with other people, their relationship has made them wiser and more confident

Adeline Weishaupt
Oct 16, 2013

by Lowtax

NowonSA posted:

Aww yeah, there's my GAUUU! Gotta have my GAUUU. Also, I also eagerly await Cake Boss being put in his place.

I want the dub to have Paul F. Tompkins voice this guy.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

NowonSA
Jul 19, 2013

I am the sexiest poster in the world!

umalt posted:

I want the dub to have Paul F. Tompkins voice this guy.

That's what I was going for, yeah. PFT manically hitting on Yamato, book it.

• Locked thread